Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yet no NFL team wants him.

Why????

HE FUKKIN BLOWS!!!!!!!
    Yet you have no proof on that. No one wanted Breylon Edwards either but it didn't stop people from saying he was worth a roster spot. No one wants him as a starter but I dont believe for one minute no other team wouldnt give him a shot if he was a FA as something. You dont find a lot of guys that can do what he does. Just because we havent gotten a 4th for him doesnt mean no one wants him. If Washington can give Pat White and a 40 year old Rex a roster spot someone would gamble on Tebow as well. He is still on our roster because someone in the organization thinks he can play a role. You may think that it is stupid but not everyone in the league thinks it is. There are a LOT of guys that dont fit my ideal view of a QB in this league but it doesnt mean they dont fit someone elses. Above all he is someone teams can make money with and this is a business after all. You dont think teams would like a 3rd string QB who has 1st string money making ability?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yet you have no proof on that. No one wanted Breylon Edwards either but it didn't stop people from saying he was worth a roster spot. No one wants him as a starter but I dont believe for one minute no other team wouldnt give him a shot if he was a FA as something. You dont find a lot of guys that can do what he does. Just because we havent gotten a 4th for him doesnt mean no one wants him. If Washington can give Pat White and a 40 year old Rex a roster spot someone would gamble on Tebow as well. He is still on our roster because someone in the organization thinks he can play a role. You may think that it is stupid but not everyone in the league thinks it is. There are a LOT of guys that dont fit my ideal view of a QB in this league but it doesnt mean they dont fit someone elses. Above all he is someone teams can make money with and this is a business after all. You dont think teams would like a 3rd string QB who has 1st string money making ability?
    Not when it comes to dealing with all the bs he comes with.....obessive fans like you vinnie and all the other teblowites. He isn't worth **** to any team. I like to call them fuktards. Now please get a a new topic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't hate Tim Tebow.

I hate his freakish fans who constantly put him on a pedestal, follow him from team to team like cultist nutjobs, and think that he should be given special treatment.

I'm sure that Tebow is a great kid, but he's not a QB in this league.

I've never seen such a devoted following to such a mediocre at best football player. It's f*cking weird, no matter how you wanna slice it.

Yeah, he's a good christian boy who tries hard.

Whoopty sh*t

The NFL is littered with guys like this. They're literally on every single team in the league, they just don't get the kind of attention that Tebow gets.
    Exactly this. He's not an NFL caliber QB. He's not good and a team would basically have to scrap their entire offense to bring him in. For what? So he can look like he doesn't belong in the league for at least 45 minutes per week?

The worship of a well below average QB is weird, laughable (when not associated with your favorite team), and kooky as hell. Tebow isn't the only good Christian in the league. He also isn't the only one who can't do his job well. The ENTIRE NFL sees this.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Also for a guy that sucks according to you, it must be really hard watching that video of Teblow decimating that top 5 Jet defense, wonder how he did that, oh and at about the 2:00 min. mark in that video who whiffed on a tackle of Tebow, your man-crush Revis who's arse needs to be traded.

You support a guy like Revis who holds this team hostage every contract negotiation preventing the Jets from having the revenue to acquire better players but you can't see the the absolute benefits of Tebow playing for any team, you are blind my friend.
    I don't think anyone really LIKES Revis outside the lines. But come Sundays, he plays hard and he's dominant, and leads by example. He doesn't say ish like "Im not playing if you utilize me in certain formations" like some guys I know. How f*ckin dare you even utter Tebow's name in the same sentence? And you claim to be a Jets fan? FOH

Yet no NFL team wants him.

Why????

HE FUKKIN BLOWS!!!!!!!
    It's really this simple.. And when he was on the market, two teams wanted him and both probably for non football related reasons. That speaks volumes. But yes apparently the NFL is being "unfair" and not giving the walking circus who isn't good at his job, every chance in the world.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Not when it comes to dealing with all the bs he comes with.....obessive fans like you vinnie and all the other teblowites. He isn't worth **** to any team. I like to call them fuktards. Now please get a a new topic.

It's funny as **** listening to you calling anyone else obsessive, especially when you consider that you personally have made more posts in this thread that anyone else.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if he is FREE..., YOU believe someone will give him a spot. BUT he must be free. Not even worth a 6th rounder?

THAT alone is an indictment on how terrible he is and little he has to offer.

HE sucks and your post basically says so too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Told everyone to wait for it, here it comes every adjective I listed, welcome to our intelligent fan base.
    OK HE BLOWS. No adjective.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rest my case, our fan base is alive and well, no wonder we have the reputation as fans that we do, it is so evident here as a cross-section. Thank you for dragging the rest of us down with you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why its even being discussed. This guy has no shot being on this team especially with wco being implemented.

I don't understand the animosity toward a player who doesn't even play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    nice post.

I don`t get the Tebow hatred at all. I understand the Sanchez hatred because he really sucked but Tebow didn`t do much of anything here. He rarely played(I think he was in on 70 snaps from scrimmage). Most of those plays were decoy plays. I`m just looking at the Jets QB situation right now. I feel Tebow is the best bet currently. Garrard hasn`t played in 2 years. Sanchez is done here no matter who coaches him or what offense they use. I say let Tebow have 2013 and see if he can regain some worth for a possible trade in 2014. I don`t understand why other Jets fans would be against this. Has nothing to do with religion. Just common sense, which I also undestand why Jets fans(this new breed of Metlife/Giants Stadium type fans)can`t have any common sense. They think the Jets are great. LOL Most haven`t been around too long so they just don`t know anything about the Jets.

edit; one more thing. Tebow was ONLY brought in here to NY to SELL, SELL, SELL, those worthless PSLs. I`m sure he sold a few but nothing what Woody had hoped for. After 27 years of wasting money, and time, Tebow`s presence didn`t get me to bite at all. I am so done with financially supporting this team.
    Thank you for the kind words.

I think the answer for all the hatred for a player who doesn't even play is hit on in this post...

Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Yes, there has been a lot of vitriol in this thread, but you act as though that's exclusive to Tebow on this message board. How many "Suckchez" comments do you see around here, or personal shots on Rex Ryan? Frankly, I don't like it any more than you seem to.

However, you also act as though Tebow is an innocent in all of this scrutiny. As soon as he did the Super Bowl commercial with his mother a few years back, he thrust himself onto center stage and made himself a controversial figure bigger than his achievements on the field. New York is a particularly bad place for him to take this baggage as New Yorkers usually don't like people who "tell them what to do" (as the commercial could be interpreted), and they especially don't like sports figures whose celebrity exceed their performance.
    At the time he and his mom made that jab at the pro choice movement, he was the collegiate record. Beisdes, public figures make comments like that all the time. I wish I had a nickel for every time someone in Hollyweird told me what to think. The problems come when people take things too far, as the haters usually do.

Also for a guy that sucks according to you, it must be really hard watching that video of Teblow decimating that top 5 Jet defense, wonder how he did that, oh and at about the 2:00 min. mark in that video who whiffed on a tackle of Tebow, your man-crush Revis who's arse needs to be traded.

You support a guy like Revis who holds this team hostage every contract negotiation preventing the Jets from having the revenue to acquire better players but you can't see the the absolute benefits of Tebow playing for any team, you are blind my friend.
    I remember that play well. It came after Revis had mocked Tebow during the week leading to game. Revis wanted no part of that freight train.

You are so wrong, the NFL is full of talent latent prima donnas, the creme of the crop, the divas, that think they are better than they are, they rest on their laurels and enormous salaries and have a poor work ethic. That is the disconnect between people like you and me, you ogle over the superstar, the player with pure natural talent and believe that is what will make your team successful. Most often that type of player is selfish, lazy, and are under achievers.

It's the Tim Tebows, the Wayne Chrebets, the Zack Thomas's, Danny Woodheads etc. that I root for. A player like Tim Tebow can do more than you ever imagine through heart, perserverance, drive, leadership and moral compasses.

Don't get me wrong, there are naturally talented players that are also hard working, dedicated and good all around people (Peyton Manning, Curtis Martin, Walter Payton, etc.), I would love to have those players on my team, they provide it all. But given the choice between a butthead, derilict, moral degenerate, troublemaker etc. or Tim Tebow, its not even a discussion.

We had a need for a Tim Tebow type player last year, short on talent yes but all the other intangibles were there. So yes, do I believe Tebow can be succesfull, yes I do. I have seen that type of drive and attitude succeed many times in many different sports, given the chance and oppurtunity Tim Tebow will prove many wrong, the problem is have the inept NY Jets ruined his chance to get that opportunity?
    I don't believe that Tebow is good enough to be a QB, but I also don't believe he's been given much of a chance with the Jets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe after Ryan "Jamarcus" Mullet leads your Pats to that inevitable 2 or 3 win season no later than 2015 or much sooner if Tammi is injured....your beloved Pats can pick up Teblow from the CFL and give him that chance you are so certain he deserves

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I understand the criticism for Tebow the QB, I mean that is logical. But all the other stuff?

The stuff that is basically attacking him as a person? Bush league if you ask me. The kid is a role model and if nothing else, a bonafide leader.

He does everything a football player is supposed to do. What's wrong with that?

I'll admit he is misguided (or so it seems) about thinking he can be a QB. I could never see that happening. I think everyone that knows anything about football, sees him as a RB/FB/TE.

But that still does not diminish the kind of nice kid he is. You guys attack him as though he's some sort of plague. My advice would be to let the process take it's course. Tebow is a terrible QB and if he's given an opportunity in an open QB competition, he'll lose to to the likes of Mark Sanchez. That should let him know with no uncertain terms that he's not an NFL QB, nor will he ever be.

Tebow is a great kid and these constant attacks on him are classless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    While I understand the criticism for Tebow the QB, I mean that is logical. But all the other stuff?

The stuff that is basically attacking him as a person? Bush league if you ask me. The kid is a role model and if nothing else, a bonafide leader.

He does everything a football player is supposed to do. What's wrong with that?

I'll admit he is misguided (or so it seems) about thinking he can be a QB. I could never see that happening. I think everyone that knows anything about football, sees him as a RB/FB/TE.

But that still does not diminish the kind of nice kid he is. You guys attack him as though he's some sort of plague. My advice would be to let the process take it's course. Tebow is a terrible QB and if he's given an opportunity in an open QB competition, he'll lose to to the likes of Mark Sanchez. That should let him know with no uncertain terms that he's not an NFL QB, nor will he ever be.

Tebow is a great kid and these constant attacks on him are classless.
    Word. All the excessive attacks reveal more about the posters themselves than anything

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if he is FREE..., YOU believe someone will give him a spot. BUT he must be free. Not even worth a 6th rounder?

THAT alone is an indictment on how terrible he is and little he has to offer.

HE sucks and your post basically says so too.
    Your assuming the JETS would sell him for a 6th rounder which I dont believe they would. We just spent a 4th last year unless we can get that back I dont think they would move him. At least not when you have nothing on your roster that is really any better. Sanchez, Simms, and Elroy are all equally garbage. I agree he is not a good QB. That doesnt mean he doesnt have some value to someone. Brad Smith wasnt a very good QB or WR yet Buff paid him big money to do something. As far as the BS posters he brings all I see in this thread are little *****es like you whining because they just dont like him. Boo fn who. Your personal opinion doesnt mean he isnt a football player.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I don't understand the animosity toward a player who doesn't even play.
    Fair point.... for me, its that he represents what is wrong with the JETS. MANAGEMENT.

Tebow, is a stand up guy and arguably has done nothing wrong, except think the JETS were a good move.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your assuming the JETS would sell him for a 6th rounder which I dont believe they would. We just spent a 4th last year unless we can get that back I dont think they would move him. At least not when you have nothing on your roster that is really any better. Sanchez, Simms, and Elroy are all equally garbage. I agree he is not a good QB. That doesnt mean he doesnt have some value to someone. Brad Smith wasnt a very good QB or WR yet Buff paid him big money to do something. As far as the BS posters he brings all I see in this thread are little *****es like you whining because they just dont like him. Boo fn who. Your personal opinion doesnt mean he isnt a football player.
    Dude the jets would fly his ass first class to any team that would offer a 6th

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fair point.... for me, its that he represents what is wrong with the JETS. MANAGEMENT.

Tebow, is a stand up guy and arguably has done nothing wrong, except think the JETS were a good move.
    Funny thing is that there were legitimate football reasons for the trade, and who knows, if we had had a legitimate and competent OC, things might have worked out differently. Sparano was an idiot and there's no telling how much he influenced what happened last season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude the jets would fly his ass first class to any team that would offer a 6th

you mean you would. highly doubtful a team with 0 QBs would. from a GMs stand point your already paying him might as well see if he can develop. What will you get with a 6th rounder? Anther QB that needs developing. wow great improvement. your just swapping one jag for anther because you dont like jag a.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow's a good kid. Stand up guy. Probably trust him with my kids if I had any.

He isn't an NFL caliber QB. I can't wait until he gets cut. He's a complete waste of a roster spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing.

A so called QB, who has no chance of playing QB on this team, or any team in the NFL, who contributed absolutely nothing to this team last season gets 12 pages, and growing. Not one word about his accomplishments, just a rabid debate about the guy from a handful of fans, most of which aren't fans of the team.

And some wonder why the rest of the sane world is tired of this guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Word. All the excessive attacks reveal more about the posters themselves than anything
    A hallmark of JI is an uninformed rush to judgment on certain players (e.g. McKnight), but it is abundantly clear the majority of the Tebow haters here or anywhere hate him for all the things he represents that they hate re: religion or Christianity, plain and simple - the team they supposedly love having Tebow for a QB/leader is a disturbing paradox they can't accept-this was true long before Tebow stepped on the field. One dope who sat behind me at a game always yelled "Hey Tebow, go back to church" whenever he came in as if that was a bad thing

"Well, he sukks at footballs too!" When you win a college championship or 2 you're doing something right and that goes for McElroy too. Yes, it is likely those guys won't ever be more than backups, but why not let the situation fully play out with the more competent O coaches we have now.

No one here has a crystal ball as to who will excel in the NFL or revive a failing career or for how long. Can't miss prospects bust or get injured and UDFAs excel. No one here saw Brady having his kind of career or longevity in a million years or back in the day Jim Plunkett (the 70s version of Sanchez) getting plucked off the scrap heap to win it all.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 04-08-2013 at 11:36 AM.