Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Jets Insider VIP
    U guys r still debating over tebow? Sad.

Ok, let's talk about how much damage butt fumble Sanchez has done to this team, 1st and 2nd rounds picks, about $80 million in cap (both contracts) eating hot dogs, sleeping with 17 year old girls, turnover machine, and leading the worst 52 seconds in NFL history...

Will cheer for him to make the pro bowl in 2013 until he loses another game for this team and then will wait to cheer the gloriously blessed day when Sanchez is sent packing by the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But why pay the guy 2.58 million to be some experimental project?? The Jets could sign TWO serviceable vets who actually play those positions and get much better value. Plus, this WCO does not have a real need for a traditional FB, it requires a hybrid RB/FB with very good hands. Tebow is a poor fit in ANY capacity for this offense.
    As I recall the Jets merely assumed his original rookie contract. For what reason I will never know.

But what I said has nothing to do with money. I was stating that from a talent standpoint, he'd be better suited as a FB/RB/TE.

I'd agree that he should be willing to accept a pay cut if he wants to stick with the team in the role I suggested, but Tebow would need to accept such a role first. I don't know that would ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Just because Tebow is white, runs a 4.7 40 and is ripped doesn't mean he's qualified to be a fullback. He'd get killed if he played that position and would probably get 2.0 ypc while never blocking anyone. Tebow as a FB would be a dud.

Running QB draw out of the shotgun is entirely different then taking a handoff in an I-formation with 8 or 9 stacked in the box.
    What in the world does Tebow's color and combine numbers have to do with what I am saying? I'm looking at the player Tebow is based on what he's done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    maybe after Ryan "Jamarcus" Mullet leads your Pats to that inevitable 2 or 3 win season no later than 2015 or much sooner if Tammi is injured....your beloved Pats can pick up Teblow from the CFL and give him that chance you are so certain he deserves
    I guess it's me that you're responding to with this post. I didn't say he deserved a chance at QB, I said that he hasn't been given that chance. It's hard to simply write him off when he's had zero chances to prove himself as a QB with the Jets.

Since you brought up Mallet, let me put a hypothetical into the mix and ask you and the other Jets fans a question. If the Jets had Ryan Mallett instead of Tim Tebow, would you be asking for Mallet to be given a chance at QB? My guess is that most Jets fans would.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jet fans are quietly looking forward to the beginning of thbe Ryan "Browning Nagle II" Mallett error in New England,,,

you know, million dollar arm, ten cent brain and all

So I heard that Tebow is STILL IN the Jets future plans. I`m telling you, he`ll be the starting QB in 2013. Garrard will be #2 and Sanchez will be boiling hot dogs. It really is a sad situation at QB for the Jets. They may not even win 2 games unless Tebow somehow wins the starting role. Time will tell. Gonna be funny watching this team next season. I pray they don`t win any games at all. Whats the point of winning anyway? So some fans can get all doofy about a few(3 or 4) wins? LOL

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    So I heard that Tebow is STILL IN the Jets future plans. I`m telling you, he`ll be the starting QB in 2013. Garrard will be #2 and Sanchez will be boiling hot dogs. It really is a sad situation at QB for the Jets. They may not even win 2 games unless Tebow somehow wins the starting role. Time will tell. Gonna be funny watching this team next season. I pray they don`t win any games at all. Whats the point of winning anyway? So some fans can get all doofy about a few(3 or 4) wins? LOL
    We just read yesterday that the Jets are going to let him free after the draft.. So....

All Pro
    Im not sure if you are joking, but i agree 100%. Not about Tebow, i could care less, im talking about making sure the team gets the #1 pick in 2014 to pick the QB of the draft. Its really the best and only way, yet people understandably take issue with losing intentionally.

Teams do it. Teams always have. The Jets should do it in 2013.

Gooooooooo Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    We just read yesterday that the Jets are going to let him free after the draft.. So....
    My theory is that the Jets are holding onto Tebow as a possible throw-in to the Revis deal with the Bucs. He'd be a good fit there, considering that the Bucs are trying to get more butts in the seats and he's a FL hero. They may be open to taking him for "free" in the deal, and the Jets wouldn't look as bad compared to outright releasing a player they invested so much in the previous year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    But he "heard it" somewhere

Never has a no-talent fringe NFL player generated so much discussion simply because of his religious beliefs. It is pretty disturbing. Cannot wait for this loser to be off the Jets and wallowing a couple years in the arena league or the CFL before going away for ever. I am so tired of Tebow and all the pathetic Tebow-ites.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    every report states that he will be let go prior to the draft....Tebow in my eyes is a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    As I recall the Jets merely assumed his original rookie contract. For what reason I will never know.

But what I said has nothing to do with money. I was stating that from a talent standpoint, he'd be better suited as a FB/RB/TE.

I'd agree that he should be willing to accept a pay cut if he wants to stick with the team in the role I suggested, but Tebow would need to accept such a role first. I don't know that would ever happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    but wait everybody, the Banned heard that he is staying

Hall Of Fame
    thats the ignorant idiocy that I truly do not understand....what the HECK does his color have to do with anything.....Maine I truly don't think some of these posters think before they type.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What in the world does Tebow's color and combine numbers have to do with what I am saying? I'm looking at the player Tebow is based on what he's done in the past.

Hall Of Fame
    well you read WRONG bro......according to john clayton and every other source...it states that Tebow will be released soon. Get your sources in order dude.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not sure how Tebow is a loser....since I am a fellow Gator I will say this much....I did not want the Jets to get Tebow...they brought him here and it did not work..they are about to move on....I however don't understand when people such as you seem to have this venom of hate for the man who has been nothing but a class act..your attitude sucks....you are a part of society that loves to see people crash and burn....Tebow has done NOTHING to warrant ignorant threads.....the man was drafted then traded...has been a clas act since day one...yeah we know he can't play QB but where the heck do you come off calling the man a loser. sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Never has a no-talent fringe NFL player generated so much discussion simply because of his religious beliefs. It is pretty disturbing. Cannot wait for this loser to be off the Jets and wallowing a couple years in the arena league or the CFL before going away for ever. I am so tired of Tebow and all the pathetic Tebow-ites.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sooooo.... because

1)Idzik tried to inflate Tebow's value by stating he could be with the team in 2013 6 weeks ago

2) Tebow is still on the roster and plans to report to the involuntary workouts

and

3) the Rams aren't interested in Tebow

that must mean that Tebow is a Jet in 2013. It's all suddenly so perfectly clear now.

All Pro
    HELP!

Can anybody lend some advice? When i come on to JI, everything seems like 10-20% bigger....fonts, etc.

The thing is, every other website comes up normal. Just JI seems to be magnified.

Im admittedly very computer challenged.

is there a button to click somewhere?