Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Thanks again...

With that small salary im guessing he stays, not to be confused with "i want him to stay"

Sure it could be used to bolster other positions of need, there's no argument there, but after i saw the team drop 3 million on Wayne Hunter last year, i could definitely see them keeping Tebow, if for nothing other than the publicity.
    I still think he gets cut, the jets want to wait until the last possible minute to do so in the hopes that someone will offer something for Tebow. That is highly unlikely at this point, I can see him being cut after the draft but before the first OTA.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so I guess it's back to your typical stalking and trolling, you stinking troll...

I was hoping that the post marathon "Be nice to chowd jackas$es period" could have lasted a little longer, frankly
    Not trolling, Just making a valid observation.

As to the "Be nice to chowd jackas$es period", the duration of that would be entirely up to you now, wouldn't it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ten days at most until Timmy Turd is sent packing.

God Bless
    How many days after that for you?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    How many days after that for you?
    nice football comment...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I still think he gets cut, the jets want to wait until the last possible minute to do so in the hopes that someone will offer something for Tebow. That is highly unlikely at this point, I can see him being cut after the draft but before the first OTA.
    Tebow is not getting cut he is going to be on the roster next season. He will compete with NoodElroy for the 3rd string job. The idiot Owner is emotionally invested in his socio-political hero and cutting him will be an admission of guilt. Nobody will give the Jets anything for Tebow. Trading him was Woody's only way out of the mess without admitting he was an idiot for forcing his FO to trade for him in the first place.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources

Get used to it Tebow haters, the kid may be here to stay. Idzrik may recognize the heart, soul, drive and tenacity that Tim possesses. I hope this is all true and the Sanchez debacle is over and Tebow gets a real opportunity to compete.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources

Get used to it Tebow haters, the kid may be here to stay. Idzrik may recognize the heart, soul, drive and tenacity that Tim possesses. I hope this is all true and the Sanchez debacle is over and Tebow gets a real opportunity to compete.
    My opinion of Idzik is now a negative one.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets release Sanchez, Idzik shows guts and wisdom in one fell swoop. The future will suddenly look brighter in Jetville.

Anyone who has ever played football, at any level, knows that guys who are mentally weak come off as lacking competitiveness. To see guys like that moved out sends the right message to the team.

Talk all the trash you want about Tebow's passing challenges, but he is exactly what is needed on a team that wants to improve through competition at each and every position.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'd be nice to know the plan with Tebow. If they're keeping him, I'm selling the majority of my tickets. Probably just keep a game or two to enjoy the tailgates.

But I don't want to actually pay money and waste my Sundays to see him play. Bad enough he was brought in last year and that he's still here now. At least let us know what the plan is instead of leaving us guessing.

If they're keeping him, say so. If not, get rid of him now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The plus of Tebow now is he and Smith can run the same type of system.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    The plus of Tebow now is he and Smith can run the same type of system.
    And Garrard. Every move we have made at QB favors us keeping Tebow at this point. We have a OC that ran an O with McNabb and Vick. A QB coach that is FAMOUS for creating the pro style WC. We brought in 2 RBs to make quick dump outside plays. Our WR core is based on guys that can get yards on quick pattern speed plays. No more ground and pound dink and dunk. More of the plays that Sanchez gave up INTs on every time. Unless we trade him and draft a guy like Tuel or Brad Sorensen today he is likely our 3rd stringer.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    If the Jets release Sanchez, Idzik shows guts and wisdom in one fell swoop. The future will suddenly look brighter in Jetville.

Anyone who has ever played football, at any level, knows that guys who are mentally weak come off as lacking competitiveness. To see guys like that moved out sends the right message to the team.

Talk all the trash you want about Tebow's passing challenges, but he is exactly what is needed on a team that wants to improve through competition at each and every position.
    Tebow brings no competition to the table. He isnt a threat to take anyones job because he is trash. Yeah he really helped push Sanchez last year..couldnt even take his job ..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Tebow brings no competition to the table. He isnt a threat to take anyones job because he is trash. Yeah he really helped push Sanchez last year..couldnt even take his job ..
    Only plus to Tebow is that he is obviously far and away better than Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    They both are abysmal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    They both are abysmal.
    Only one has actually proved it on the field of play.

When it comes to starting the game under center and dragging his team down, Sanchez has a fat portfolio, Tebow does not.

Tebow's trip to the Jets was unfortunate, it should have never happened, but he's done nothing to deserve the sh*tty treatment he gets from some fans.

I don't think most of it has anything to do with football, frankly. Because if performance on the field mattered the Tebow haters would be positively suicidal considering the steaming heap Sanchez delivered the franchise last season. (And btw, these haters outnumber by at least 10:1 the phantom league of "Tebow fanatics" that follow him from team to team... I've read a lot more about them than actually witnessed their rantings. )

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post

Want to know who players look up to and follow? Good players. Know who they don't follow? Bad players. Know who they can't stand, make fun of or shake their heads at? Bad players who are overly vocal. Plug whatever names in that you feel fit into that equation. If need be, I'll give you a hint and tell you two of them are in your post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    They both are abysmal.
    This, +eleventy billion. Wanting Sanchez to be shown the door is for the betterment of the team. Wanting Tebow out is for the psyche of 99% of Jets fans and to see the likes of 5 posters forever gone from JI.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are both awful. The only difference is Sanchez would get signed by someone out there as a backup if cut and Tebow wouldn't.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Throughout this thread Tebow haters have justified his lack of worth with statements alluding to the fact that no other NFL team wants him. Look back at the hundreds of posts in this particular thread and you can validate this statement.

Any of those posters that subscribe to that logic must hate the Geno Smith pick. No NFL team wanted this QB. QB hungry teams passed him over and some of them 3x. So here's the logic played in reverse, no NFL team wanted this kid except the Jets, so add him to the list of now 2 QB's the Jets have on their roster that no one wants.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Throughout this thread Tebow haters have justified his lack of worth with statements alluding to the fact that no other NFL team wants him. Look back at the hundreds of posts in this particular thread and you can validate this statement.

Any of those posters that subscribe to that logic must hate the Geno Smith pick. No NFL team wanted this QB. QB hungry teams passed him over and some of them 3x. So here's the logic played in reverse, no NFL team wanted this kid except the Jets, so add him to the list of now 2 QB's the Jets have on their roster that no one wants.
    Does this mean that any player not drafted in the first round was passed over by 32 teams and is not wanted?