Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    generally athletic QB's that can't throw try to play other positions so that they can help the team. unfortunately tebow cares more about himself being a QB to do anything like that
    I say give him a chance like Denver did. What the hell. Can`t be much worse than what we`ve seen from Sanchez. Tebow may have the luck others don`t, obviously. Maybe he throws a wobbly spiral. He seemed to do ok on Denver with the crappy arm. I just don`t see the Jets moving forward with Sanchez. He basically blew his load here. No one knows what Garrard can do anymore, but I doubt much. Probably more than Sanchez but 2013 doesn`t look too good for any QB playing here. Tebow just might have the dumb luck this team needs. They won`t win more than 4 or 5 games so why not let Tebow have a go. He might bring his stock back up for a 5th. round trade next year. Better than just cutting loose for nothing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    if you are a QB, would you play other positions? How come Sanchez can`t play the wildcat role? Oh yeah, he sucks even more.
    Generally, athletic QBs who couldn't hit Louie Anderson's gut from 2 feetaway try to play other spots.

And one of these days,you pro tebow people will get that Sanchez sucking doesn't make Tebow any less of a joke as a football player.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Teblow is Woody's republican knight in shining armor. Which is why this waste of cap space will be here next season. "He's just another guy on the roster" - lol my ass.
    Really Vincenzo?

Jets Insider VIP
    Hopefully this worthless pile of garbage will be cut and off to yhe CFL or UFL soon

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Generally, athletic QBs who couldn't hit Louie Anderson's gut from 2 feetaway try to play other spots.

And one of these days,you pro tebow people will get that Sanchez sucking doesn't make Tebow any less of a joke as a football player.
    To be quite honest Tebow doesn't suck. He does actually fire the guys up around him and he actually has made some wins in the NFL. He's also gotten a terrible team to the playoffs and beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. You can't possibly "suck" and accomplish that. As Jets fans, we don't know if Tebow sucks because we never really saw him play for any length of time in an offense designed to compliment his strengths.

I don't actually hate the guy. I don't actually think he sucks. I do think he could be successful in a system designed for him. He could take another team to the playoffs, maybe even this one, but you've got to want him to and not just use him for publicity on game day.

I`m not a pro-Tebow person. I`m not even much of a pro-Jets fan anymore. I`m looking at the situation the Jets face @ the QB position. I think Tebow is the best QB the Jets currently have. There isn`t anyone else better to lead this crap team, even if they draft a new QB. These teams with this "win now" mentality aren`t winning. The Jets need to get back to letting rookie QBs sit the bench and observe for 2, maybe 3 years before they throw them into the game. Pennington was a good example. He sat for 2 years before going in and it looked good there for a bit until the Jets realized he was fragile. Not Chad`s fault. Players get hurt and their careers end. Getting a franchise QB is pot luck in the draft. Coaching a rookie into a franchise QB is skill. And some luck, but you can`t roll the dice on every rookie QB. 2013 is a lost cause for the Jets. We all know this. I say let Tebow have a shot and see if he can regain some worth so the Jets don`t just throw him away for nothing. Sanchez may still have some worth but it don`t look good and the way 2013 looks, it`s only gonna get worse for Sanchez as far as trade value goes. Sanchez should be traded now for whatever the Jets can get because I don`t see his value going any higher. Tebow on the other hand may have a chance to redeem some value because every owner knows he wasn`t utilized properly last year.
    Last edited by The Band; 04-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Banned
    Isn't it interesting to see all of the people on the board who defend Tebow have a post March 2012 join date? Very interesting. I'm sure it's just a coincidence

I say give him a chance like Denver did. What the hell. Can`t be much worse than what we`ve seen from Sanchez. Tebow may have the luck others don`t, obviously. Maybe he throws a wobbly spiral. He seemed to do ok on Denver with the crappy arm. I just don`t see the Jets moving forward with Sanchez. He basically blew his load here. No one knows what Garrard can do anymore, but I doubt much. Probably more than Sanchez but 2013 doesn`t look too good for any QB playing here. Tebow just might have the dumb luck this team needs. They won`t win more than 4 or 5 games so why not let Tebow have a go. He might bring his stock back up for a 5th. round trade next year. Better than just cutting loose for nothing.
    i completly agree the band. this guy gets it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    To be quite honest Tebow doesn't suck. He does actually fire the guys up around him and he actually has made some wins in the NFL. He's also gotten a terrible team to the playoffs and beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. You can't possibly "suck" and accomplish that. As Jets fans, we don't know if Tebow sucks because we never really saw him play for any length of time in an offense designed to compliment his strengths.

I don't actually hate the guy. I don't actually think he sucks. I do think he could be successful in a system designed for him. He could take another team to the playoffs, maybe even this one, but you've got to want him to and not just use him for publicity on game day.
    So the Broncos team that Tebow allegedly "got" to the postseason sucked?

I know Tebow sucks. I know what my eyes tell me, and what the entire NFL told me when not a single team was willing to take a pass at a guy who "got" his team to the playoffs the year before and was drafted in round 1 as a starter.

I don't hate him personally. I hate his fans. I hate his game. I hate that he's on my team.

He's not taking anyone to the playoffs barring a ridiculous defense and another ridiculous streak of luck. That's basically what got him there the first time.

All League
    You guys are going to hang on to that one year forever, all while completely ignoring that he was bad the majority of the year. Regardless of the fact that he wasn't good that year, and he can't even sniff a starting lineup now in a league where "meh" like Kevin Kolb is getting 7 mil

As far as the QBs on our roster, the fact that so many of you want Tebow to play in a WEST COAST OFFENSE really sums up in a nutshell why Tebow's presence on this team is annoying.

Hall Of Fame
    I actually hope Tebow makes it to pre season, watching him in a WCO will be comedy gold. The guy is only on the team right now because he and Rex share an agent and dont want Tebow sitting homeless right now. There is no market for the kid, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i completly agree the band. this guy gets it.
    Every team in the NFL disagrees. I am shocked they don't personally consult the great GMC and Band to change their minds. ALL these teams must be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Every team in the NFL disagrees. I am shocked they don't personally consult the great GMC and Band to change their minds. ALL these teams must be wrong.

sanchez was the worst qb in the nfl last season and basically no team in the nfl wants him. so id say hes worse than tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I actually hope Tebow makes it to pre season, watching him in a WCO will be comedy gold. The guy is only on the team right now because he and Rex share an agent and dont want Tebow sitting homeless right now. There is no market for the kid, zero.
    Ya think he could top buttfumble's comedy act?

All Pro
    Marty's going to **** if he has to start Tebow, I'm sure he didn't sign up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Marty's going to **** if he has to start Tebow, I'm sure he didn't sign up for that.
    I can here him now. This is Mike Vick all over again. Dear lord what have I done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez was the worst qb in the nfl last season and basically no team in the nfl wants him. so id say hes worse than tebow.
    Your point was Tebow was worthy of a start.

NO NFL team agrees. NONE.

The thread is about Tebow not Sanchez.

WHY? GMC aka Nike thinksnTebow is the right move.

what's the problem?

He stinks, he isn't willing to play other spots full time, he has terrible stans, he provides nothing of note to the squad and his presence overall is incredibly annoying. I'd appreciate if he disappeared
    +1

Unfortunately this pathetic owner has too much invested into Tebow emotionally.

Tim Tebow playing a West Coast Offense is about as retarded as a soup sandwich. Did any of these Tebow d_cksucks ever see the type of offense he ran in Florida and Denver he was in shotgun the entire time and almost never dropped back. Why? Besides the fact that it made it easier for him to make his 1-2 reads per play when he decided to run the ball he had all the forward momentum rather than taking 6 steps back and then having to run. Tebow would be lost in Morhinweg's system all the more reason to cut him now but this owner is obsessed with him and he will be our 3rd string qb next year.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 04-01-2013 at 10:55 PM.