Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Damn, Makers made it all the way to Alaska ?? How times change. I remember when it was hard to find it outside of Ky.
    Took me awhile to figure out how to open the bottle, but it was worth the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Tim Tebow controversy goes much deeper than his football skills.
    Im guessing the Jets may actually keep him at this point.

The question.....what do they intend to do with him? :headscratch:
    I think all the off season moves at QB so far have been to try to help him or the QB we intend to draft. I doubt it helps him but the writing is on the wall that he will get a shot. People tend to forget how bad of a QB Vick was in Atlanta. He was never my type of QB at all but Marty has made more then a few of these guys look better then they are. Garrard is the right guy to use as an example. He never had a very good line or any kind or WR core and always put up good #s. He is a smart QB that could teach a young QB a lot. They also hired a true WC QB coach guru in David Lee. If this team passes on QB early it likely means Tebow is going to be a WC option again this year with Garrard. With a high possibility you see him play full games at some point. All I can say is I hope we draft a QB and he wins the starter role or all the Tebow fans haters and lovers will never shut up. I just dont see Sanchez ever playing anther game for this team ever again and our QB options are just that damn sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Took me awhile to figure out how to open the bottle, but it was worth the effort!
    Hehe, yeah, that wax is tricky. Was a Maker's fan for years but have drifted away to other bourbons due to the somewhat recent explosion of offerings.

Point is, Sanchez wasn't "bad" his first year. He was young and needed time to develop. That's the way it is with MOST young QBs. Sure, there are exceptions, but look throughout history and it will validate the point. Eli Manning didn't light things up his first year. Peyton Manning set passing yds record for a rookie, but he also had a ton of INTs. Troy Aikman lost his first 15 games. Steve Young put up poor stats as well.

This isn't to say that Tebow will develop into a hall of famer, but what I am saying is that he hasn't had the opportunity to develop. It's much too soon to write him off as a failure.

The thing that gets to me is that everyone of you all expect Tebow to be performing like a seasoned vet with 60+ starts under his belt. He's had a grand total of 16 starts in the NFL and 9-7 record with a playoff victory.
    Tebow had the modest level of success he had in Denver because they were willing (and able, due to some solid and inventive coaching) to base their whole style of offense around his limited skill set. Given that they felt that they had no better options (no pun intended), and that it was early enough in the season to do so, they were willing to take a shot at it, and it paid off - to a degree. Even in his magical (or should I say "miraculous") season, he fell short of what Sanchez accomplished in his rookie season - with a similar level of talent around him - and the Broncos couldn't get rid of him soon enough.

Given Tebow's deficiencies, no other team is willing to do what the Broncos did that year and design their offense around what he CAN do. No team that wants to run a convential offense will touch him now, after the Jets made that mistake last season. His best (and probably only) chance to be an NFL QB will be to find a team that is already running the type of offense that suits him, because they have a starting-caliber QB who has similar strengths (on a higher level). Teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, or maybe the Bucs. A team like that may be willing to take a low-cost, low-risk chance on him as a 2nd, or more likely 3rd-string QB.

Good luck with that.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Tebow had the modest level of success he had in Denver because they were willing (and able, due to some solid and inventive coaching) to base their whole style of offense around his limited skill set. Given that they felt that they had no better options (no pun intended), and that it was early enough in the season to do so, they were willing to take a shot at it, and it paid off - to a degree. Even in his magical (or should I say "miraculous") season, he fell short of what Sanchez accomplished in his rookie season - with a similar level of talent around him - and the Broncos couldn't get rid of him soon enough.

Given Tebow's deficiencies, no other team is willing to do what the Broncos did that year and design their offense around what he CAN do. No team that wants to run a convential offense will touch him now, after the Jets made that mistake last season. His best (and probably only) chance to be an NFL QB will be to find a team that is already running the type of offense that suits him, because they have a starting-caliber QB who has similar strengths (on a higher level). Teams like the 49ers, Seahawks, or maybe the Bucs. A team like that may be willing to take a low-cost, low-risk chance on him as a 2nd, or more likely 3rd-string QB.

Good luck with that.
    Excellent write, that's all us so-called Tebowites ask for. We are aware of his accuracy issues, low and slow throwing motion etc.. Last year when Sanchez sucked the big one it was more of an embarrassment to continue with Sanchez as we did rather than pull the Denver switch. Our coaches showed no innovation, lack of coaching skills and stubbornness to a critical fault. It was embarrassing to watch Sanchez crash and burn week in week
    out when a switch to the Tebow type offense should have been made.

I understand teams are not willing to convert from conventional type offenses for the read type offense. Most teams are not willing to go that route and that is why there is a very very limited market for Tebow. That is understood, however last year the Jets had no choice, it was a decision they should have made like Denver did. Tebow deserved that opportunity last
    year, if he failed then there would have been conclusive proof, but what if he would have done AGAIN what he did in Denver?

The only difference here is some of us believe what Tebow does have, (Leadership abilities, heart, drive, ability to elevate players around him or motivational ability, unwillingness to fail, faith, and positive attitude) will make him a success in the NFL. The only way this can be proven or dis-proven is a chance, anyone that says they are a prognosticator and Tebow just sucks are just flat out short-sighted and wrong. The Jets were the ones at fault here not Tebow, the kid deserved a shot and the Jets just flat out blew it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So what ? The POINT is that they were starting QBs, they got replaced, and they went to other teams to be the backup QBs.

Look at freaking coaches who get replaced. How often does a coach get demoted and remain with the team ? It doesn't happen with leadership positions. When someone else gets brought in, the other guy is out of the organization or transferred to a completely different department/division.
    Tebow left Denver and couldn't get a backup job. How do you keep missing this? He came to the Jets and couldn't beat out a scrub like McElroy to back up another scrub, Sanchez.

The Jets don't want him and can't find a single team that wants him in any capacity.

You know we get it, you love Tebow. You are one of those zealots who think he has the ability to play in the NFL. You even imagine there are HOF players and coaches who agree with you.....

Veteran
    LOCK DUMPPPPPPPPPPPPP...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    I would love this for Tim, make it happen. Gives him the opportunity as a backup to step right in if Wilson goes down. At that point he would get his chance to prove naysayers wrong and that given the chance and in the right system he can be a success at QB in the NFL. This would be a Seattle gain and a Jet loss. The Jets once again would be the clowns (laughing stock) that let him slip through their fingers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why would you be praying for poor Seattle to have to endure a O-16 season having useless Timmy the turd as their QB if Wilson gets injured?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    I would love this for Tim, make it happen. Gives him the opportunity as a backup to step right in if Wilson goes down. At that point he would get his chance to prove naysayers wrong and that given the chance and in the right system he can be a success at QB in the NFL. This would be a Seattle gain and a Jet loss. The Jets once again would be the clowns (laughing stock) that let him slip through their fingers.
    A laughingstock for letting a below average QB walk? A guy who can't throw the ball effectively in the league? You don't think you're sensationalizing just a bit? I know you love Tebow but... Yeah..

And it's cute how the standards of "successful QB" is so low for yall

Veteran
    Please make it happen so pathetic guys like you can go watch another team. You are a disgrace to a football fan and this board. Take all your other tebowites and gtfo. May god/tebow be with you

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Why would you be praying for poor Seattle to have to endure a O-16 season having useless Timmy the turd as their QB if Wilson gets injured?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    A laughingstock for letting a below average QB walk? A guy who can't throw the ball effectively in the league? You don't think you're sensationalizing just a bit? I know you love Tebow but... Yeah..

And it's cute how the standards of "successful QB" is so low for yall
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Please make it happen so pathetic guys like you can go watch another team. You are a disgrace to a football fan and this board. Take all your other tebowites and gtfo. May god/tebow be with you

Proving my point, here are all those prognosticators that KNOW what will happen and believe that only the MOST SKILLED athlete succeeds on the field.

Sports are full of athletes that have limited skills but became successes because of heart, desire, will and all the other intangibles.

Players like Pete Rose, Wayne Chrebet, Doug Flutie, Devon Bess, Wes Welker, Zack Thomas, Danny Woodhead etc. etc. all had limited skills but other intangibles that gave them successful careers and sometimes stellar careers.

But you cannot see beyond physical attributes, sorry but you are shortsighted and limited in your thinking. Tebow may not succeed in the NFL but that possibility does still exist whether or not you choose to believe it. I see the intangibles that Tebow has, you choose not to, thats your belief and opinion. All I hope for is that players like Tebow continue to succeed and prove people like you wrong, it gives hope to what is right or wrong in this world. Maybe someday you all can mature to a level that share this belief, I hope so for your sake.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post

Tebow makes me embarassed as a JETS fan.

He is symbolic of the type of moves this team has made historically for 40 years. From not drafting SAPP , Marino to various other (albeit unrelated GM's) moves with no football basis.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Tebow makes me embarassed as a JETS fan.

He is symbolic of the type of moves this team has made historically for 40 years. From not drafting SAPP , Marino to various other (albeit unrelated GM's) moves with no football basis.
    hes a hard working leave it all on the field dedicated player. you will never hear his name associated with trouble on or off the field. I can see where some jets fans don't know how to accept a player of his caliber.

44 years and still counting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    hes a hard working leave it all on the field dedicated player. you will never hear his name associated with trouble on or off the field. I can see where some jets fans don't know how to accept a player of his caliber.

And a bad player.. But yes.. He's good and saint like!!

All League
    Proving my point, here are all those prognosticators that KNOW what will happen and believe that only the MOST SKILLED athlete succeeds on the field.

Sports are full of athletes that have limited skills but became successes because of heart, desire, will and all the other intangibles.

Players like Pete Rose, Wayne Chrebet, Doug Flutie, Devon Bess, Wes Welker, Zack Thomas, Danny Woodhead etc. etc. all had limited skills but other intangibles that gave them successful careers and sometimes stellar careers.

But you cannot see beyond physical attributes, sorry but you are shortsighted and limited in your thinking. Tebow may not succeed in the NFL but that possibility does still exist whether or not you choose to believe it. I see the intangibles that Tebow has, you choose not to, thats your belief and opinion. All I hope for is that players like Tebow continue to succeed and prove people like you wrong, it gives hope to what is right or wrong in this world. Maybe someday you all can mature to a level that share this belief, I hope so for your sake.
    I really couldn't give a phuck less if Tebow succeds. Just because I think he's a bad QB doesn't mean I need to mature to whatever level it is that you allegedly have. Maybe you should mature to a level that you watch football, follow the league closely and view everyone objectively to the point where u can see with how the league is going that Tebow wpuld be hard pressed to succeed.

It's nothing against him. I have no issue with the man individually. He's not good. Some guys have intangibles, work hard an all of that and just aren't equipped to do the job. It's his fans that I have the issue with and the "maybe you can get on my level" tripe sums up why.

the jets signed Jason taylor the skum bag who openly mocked the jets organization and its fans any chance he could get and many accepted him here. tebow has never once mocked anyone. why all the hate?

is sanchez really any better at qb?

Jets Insider VIP
    Those guys had limited skills

Timmy the turd has NO skills

Major diff

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post

Many people who cant contribute have those same attributes.

Go sell it on a Dolphins site ..... Tebow sucks.