Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The best excuse ever was when Demos said Elway traded Tebow because Elway was afraid that the locker room would be divided between Manning and Tebow.....LOL.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The best excuse ever was when Demos said Elway traded Tebow because Elway was afraid that the locker room would be divided between Manning and Tebow.....LOL.
    True...because that would have happened.

As evidenced by all those Bronco players who have come out calling for Tebows return.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
    Sanchez being bad doesn't make Tebow NOT bad. It means they are BOTH bad.

Point is, Sanchez wasn't "bad" his first year. He was young and needed time to develop. That's the way it is with MOST young QBs. Sure, there are exceptions, but look throughout history and it will validate the point. Eli Manning didn't light things up his first year. Peyton Manning set passing yds record for a rookie, but he also had a ton of INTs. Troy Aikman lost his first 15 games. Steve Young put up poor stats as well.

This isn't to say that Tebow will develop into a hall of famer, but what I am saying is that he hasn't had the opportunity to develop. It's much too soon to write him off as a failure.

The thing that gets to me is that everyone of you all expect Tebow to be performing like a seasoned vet with 60+ starts under his belt. He's had a grand total of 16 starts in the NFL and 9-7 record with a playoff victory.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I just drove by Tebow's condo complex, formerly Sparano's and Gholston's, there was a lil pick up truck with Fla. tags and 2 Jets stickers on the back this guy has groupies following him everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who gives a sh*t?

Both Tebow and Sanchez are horrible and 98% of Jets fans are hoping that we kick both of these f*cking mooks to the curb.

Even a highly respected former GM like Bill Polian says that Tebow isn't a QB in this league. Never mind the boatload of other NFL GM's, coaches, and former players who echo these exact same sentiments. Who am I supposed to believe? Them or some Tebow sympathizer who follows him around team to team like some sheep?
    Gee, I don't know, ever hear of conflicting opinions ? Steve Young knows a little bit about being an NFL QB and he says that Tebow could be good or even great. John Gruden also happens to know a little something about NFL QBs and he is still high on Tebow as well.

If you want to go back to 2011, I can cite Mike Ditka and Bill Parcells as well, though I don't know if their opinions have changed since then.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I just drove by Tebow's condo complex, formerly Sparano's and Gholston's, there was a lil pick up truck with Fla. tags and 2 Jets stickers on the back this guy has groupies following him everywhere.
    I thought Tebow lived in Hoboken, near Eli??

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Sanchez threw for more yardage.

All of which is meaningless. What Sanchez is or isn't changes nothing about Tebow. Just as how christian he is doesn't make him a QB

They both suck, Tebow to anyone who knows anything about the sport will tell you is not only worse than Sanchez but doesn't belong in the league as a QB.

Umm, no, Sanchez threw for 2626 in his first 16 starts and Tebow threw for 2754. Tebow had 9 more attempts (388 to 379), but Sanchez had more completions (208 to 181).

Even with fewer completions, Tebow threw for more yards as he had a much higher yards per completion.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I thought Tebow lived in Hoboken, near Eli??
    I don't stalk him but I heard he lives in the condos across from where Heyl Roses used to be, I know the Ghost and Sparano where there. whatever?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I don't stalk him but I heard he lives in the condos across from where Heyl Roses used to be, I know the Ghost and Sparano where there. whatever?
    Yea, I know those places, they are nice. Makes sense.

True...because that would have happened.

As evidenced by all those Bronco players who have come out calling for Tebows return.

Helps to go back and look at the context. Manning was coming off multiple neck surgeries and hadn't played in a year. What might have happened if he was very rusty and played like **** the first 4 games, going 1-3 ?

If you followed the NFL at all, you'd know that when QBs get demoted/replaced as a starter, their next career step is either being traded or released.

Hell, look at this year alone. Fitzpatrick ? Gone. Kolb ? Gone. Cassel ? Gone.

Same thing usually happens in the real world of business. Someone steps in and takes over as the "interim" manager/supervisor, then, when a permanent replacement is hired, the "interim" person is transferred.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Helps to go back and look at the context. Manning was coming off multiple neck surgeries and hadn't played in a year. What might have happened if he was very rusty and played like **** the first 4 games, going 1-3 ?

If you followed the NFL at all, you'd know that when QBs get demoted/replaced as a starter, their next career step is either being traded or released.

Same thing usually happens in the real world of business. Someone steps in and takes over as the "interim" manager/supervisor, then, when a permanent replacement is hired, the "interim" person is transferred.
    Every one of those QBs are better than Tebow. Don't compare, no one, not your mythical list of supporters or anyone else agrees with you. Stop making it up, your boy is horrible.

Hall Of Fame

Context??? You said they traded Tebow because they were afraid of a divided locker room. You said that there would be players that would be supporting Tebow over Manning...LOL. How is that out of context? The rest of your post is your typical babbling nonsense.

Every one of those QBs are better than Tebow. Don't compare, no one, not your mythical list of supporters or anyone else agrees with you. Stop making it up, your boy is horrible.
    So what ? The POINT is that they were starting QBs, they got replaced, and they went to other teams to be the backup QBs.

Look at freaking coaches who get replaced. How often does a coach get demoted and remain with the team ? It doesn't happen with leadership positions. When someone else gets brought in, the other guy is out of the organization or transferred to a completely different department/division.

Context??? You said they traded Tebow because they were afraid of a divided locker room. You said that there would be players that would be supporting Tebow over Manning...LOL. How is that out of context? The rest of your post is your typical babbling nonsense.
    I've always maintained that there were a number of reasons why Elway traded Tebow, not just a single one.

The biggest reason is that Tebow doesn't fit the "mold" of what Elway thinks a QB should be. Elway wanted a traditional pocket passer.

The next questions are "Why trade Tebow? Why not let him be Manning's backup and develop behind him"?

There's a number of POSSIBLE reasons. One of those would be what I'm discussing now. That you don't keep displaced leaders around as it can create unnecessary problems. Another would be that Elway believed that Tebow could only run a certain style of offense, and that would mean having 2 types of offenses, 1 for Manning and 1 for Tebow. Simple way to solve that problem is to trade Tebow and bring in a "traditional" pocket passing QB.

If you will, this is the same line of reasoning that led MANY "insiders" to believing that the Eagles would get rid of Nick Foles. Why ? Because he didn't seem to "fit" the "system" that Chip Kelley would be bringing in. This doesn't mean that Foles is a terrible QB, or even that he won't be a good QB. Rather, it's just that it was thought that he wouldn't fit the "system".
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 04-05-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    You are right that Sanchez will be your starting QB this year, it is going to be a lot of fun tearing down everyone of you this year that wanted him because he is the BEST option, you my son are in a no win situation, you will crash and burn this year with Sanchez and you will have to deal with trolls like me and Nike that will remind you that is the option you wanted.
    Who the hell are you? You must be a dolphin fan

I've always maintained that there were a number of reasons why Elway traded Tebow, not just a single one.

The biggest reason is that Tebow doesn't fit the "mold" of what Elway thinks a QB should be. Elway wanted a traditional pocket passer.

The next questions are "Why trade Tebow? Why not let him be Manning's backup and develop behind him"?

There's a number of POSSIBLE reasons. One of those would be what I'm discussing now. That you don't keep displaced leaders around as it can create unnecessary problems. Another would be that Elway believed that Tebow could only run a certain style of offense, and that would mean having 2 types of offenses, 1 for Manning and 1 for Tebow. Simple way to solve that problem is to trade Tebow and bring in a "traditional" pocket passing QB.

If you will, this is the same line of reasoning that led MANY "insiders" to believing that the Eagles would get rid of Nick Foles. Why ? Because he didn't seem to "fit" the "system" that Chip Kelley would be bringing in. This doesn't mean that Foles is a terrible QB, or even that he won't be a good QB. Rather, it's just that it was thought that he wouldn't fit the "system".
    Lol dude.. Manning with a bum neck is 50 times better than tebow, but same applies to mark Sanchez.. They didn't want tebow for many reason, the media destraction just for a backup, manning is way to good to be pulled for situational tebow runs.. The O tebow runs is TOTALLY different than tradition manning style so if manning did get hurt they want a traditional qb ready to step in while manning was out.. Plus they got rid of him for a pretty decent pick, but not a chance they were worried about lockerroom divide. this is 1 of the best qb ever to play, they would allow him to roast a full year and he would retire before any one questioned payton manning.........If we had a decent OC we could have used tebow effectively in situations, sure couldn't have done worse than Sanchez. But Sanchez cried taking him out was ruining his flow haha ya because it was so good.. Tebow should have started of Sanchez, who proved to be the worst qb in the league sanchez contract is why he didn't.. Tebow may have ended up being the 2nd worst qb in the league but he earned a shot, Sanchez ran out of chances..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    As of today, April 5, 2013, the QB on the Jet roster with the greatest chance to contribute to winning Jet football games with his overall experience, athletic ability, mental toughness and leadership, is Tim Tebow.

So he needs to prove himself as a passer...OK, agreed.

Disclaimer
    I did not attend Florida Univ. I do not watch much college football. I have zero interest in religion (boring). I recognize Peyton Manning is a better QB than Tim Tebow.
    Please let me know what your smoking. ..I'd like to get in on that ish

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Tim Tebow controversy goes much deeper than his football skills.
    Im guessing the Jets may actually keep him at this point.

The question.....what do they intend to do with him? :headscratch:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Please let me know what your smoking. ..I'd like to get in on that ish

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Just finished a Romeo & Julieta mini. Chased it with a glass of Maker's Mark. Try it. Your ability to evaluate QB's will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Just finished a Romeo & Julieta mini. Chased it with a glass of Maker's Mark. Try it. Your ability to evaluate QB's will improve.

Damn, Makers made it all the way to Alaska ?? How times change. I remember when it was hard to find it outside of Ky.