Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Who gives a sh*t?

I'm not the most religious guy, but it doesn't bother me at all that he wears his religious beliefs on his sleeve. Good for him.

I just don't like Tim Tebow the QB.
    I think all of our QBs suck, which is the sole reason i am hoping for a 2 win season (both v the Pats) for the first time ever as a fan. Sad its come to that.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I think all of our QBs suck, which is the sole reason i am hoping for a 2 win season (both v the Pats) for the first time ever as a fan. Sad its come to that.
    You cannot be serious that you'd actually root for the Jets to lose 14 games. I despise Tim Tebow and his supporters but rooting against the Jets is unfathomable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    You cannot be serious that you'd actually root for the Jets to lose 14 games. I despise Tim Tebow and his supporters but rooting against the Jets is unfathomable for me.
    I agree but wouldn't have minded if Sanchez starting choking in 2011, and we could have gotten luck or RG3..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Its sick to root against the team youve liked for so long. Ive never done it 1x since 86'.

That being said, yes, im hoping for a 14 Loss season in 2013. Nothing to do with Tebow.

Right or wrong, ive grown to believe that although the drafting of a QB as the #1 pick in the draft is scary, and risky, its really the best way to find young franchise quarterbacks. As a fan, id like that kind of QB. I believe that kind of QB is the best shot at winning a SB.

I hope the Jets lose all 16 games + the pre-season games. It`s really not that hard to do. It`s a business. I really couldn`t care any less if it succeeds or not. Not my $ going down the drain. I do understand why some of you wouldn`t like it. You invested a hellofalot of money to go see second rate football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I hope the Jets lose all 16 games + the pre-season games. It`s really not that hard to do. It`s a business. I really couldn`t care any less if it succeeds or not. Not my $ going down the drain. I do understand why some of you wouldn`t like it. You invested a hellofalot of money to go see second rate football.
    Two words: DUMP. BAN.

All Pro
    Its the NFL. Teams arent good all of the time. The Jets have had a pretty good run the past 10 years.

Why do you wish them ill?

Que paso, hombre?

Its the NFL. Teams arent good all of the time. The Jets have had a pretty good run the past 10 years.

Why do you wish them ill?

Que paso, hombre?
    because it`s a business. We`ve been told a million times that it is. Do you care if the local bodega in Clifton, NJ closes down tomorrow? I`m sure you can get some decent pernil there, but do you really care? as far as teams not being good all the time? When have the Jets ever been really good after 1968? Ok, they had a few teaser seasons but they haven`t been good in 44 years in the big picture. So why woody anyone care what this business does? It`s just a business and you get zero proceeds from anything profitable it might do. Just take it for what it is. A pretty crappy business at best. BUT, if they lose EVERY game next year, they are gauranteed the #1 pick which may, or may not, make the business somewhat better. Don`t get too wrapped up into Woody`s little investment he made. It`s your money that goes into HIS bank account and his business is not all that good. Even prior to Woody owning this business, it wasn`t all that good. He purchased a lemon imo.

All Pro
    because it`s a business. We`ve been told a million times that it is. Do you care if the local bodega in Clifton, NJ closes down tomorrow? I`m sure you can get some decent pernil there, but do you really care? as far as teams not being good all the time? When have the Jets ever been really good after 1968? Ok, they had a few teaser seasons but they haven`t been good in 44 years in the big picture. So why woody anyone care what this business does? It`s just a business and you get zero proceeds from anything profitable it might do. Just take it for what it is. A pretty crappy business at best. BUT, if they lose EVERY game next year, they are gauranteed the #1 pick which may, or may not, make the business somewhat better. Don`t get too wrapped up into Woody`s little investment he made. It`s your money that goes into HIS bank account and his business is not all that good. Even prior to Woody owning this business, it wasn`t all that good. He purchased a lemon imo.
    Hmmm. Sorry i dont follow your posts enough to know, are you a Jets fan?

I guess your beef is with Woody. Actually i can agree with that to an extent, but i think Woody wants to win, and doesnt know the best way to do it. I honestly think he tries, maybe im just blind. I am on the west coast, so maybe im too disconnected from the real situation to know the real deal. Woody doesnt get much of my money unless he profits from my 14.66 Cable package or the pirated websites. No jerseys or ticket package, we're poor.

GOOOOOO Jets!

we should cut Jordan Traver Uttal and have Tebow start with Garrard and McElroy as backups for this season imho

I hope the jets keep all of these lethal weapons and unveil this high potency offense, the likes of which we've never seen. First down, hit 'em hard with Sanchez. Statistically one of the worst QBs last year. Blam! They'll never see what'll hit 'em. Now that the d is on their heals, roll out the beast that is Garrard. Man hasn't played in a couple years - whammo! Lethal 1-2 punch. If that's not enough, and speaking of not having played in a long time, next you trot out TD Timmy Tebow with his huge wind up and 40% accuracy. Guy just wins! Now that you have the d right where you want them - Boom! - here comes McElroy to take a sack right before Matt Simms takes a surprise snap.

How do you game plan for something like that? Sign all of those beasts!! Then bring back Sparano and his offensive genius to make it all gel by September!

Jets Insider VIP
    Ten days at most until Timmy Turd is sent packing.

God Bless

All Pro
    Believe it or not, i consider myself neutral on the Tebow situation. Last year i DID ask for him to start, but i also would have accepted Rodney Peete, or Bernie Kosar at their current ages over Mark Sanchez.

That being said, i think Tebow is going to remain on the roster. I have no clue why, or in what capacity he will be used, just a hunch.

If it doesnt happen in a few days does that mean the Jets have to honor his 2013 contract?

Hall Of Fame
    Believe it or not, i consider myself neutral on the Tebow situation. Last year i DID ask for him to start, but i also would have accepted Rodney Peete, or Bernie Kosar at their current ages over Mark Sanchez.

That being said, i think Tebow is going to remain on the roster. I have no clue why, or in what capacity he will be used, just a hunch.

If it doesnt happen in a few days does that mean the Jets have to honor his 2013 contract?
    The sticking point and the reason Tebow was not cut already is that there is 1.58 million remaining in a cash bonus that the Jets had to pay Denver when they traded him. Yes the Jets could simply cut Tebow today and his salary is gone, but there is this 1.58 million in dead money that would left on the cap. IF the Jets traded Tebow this money would be absorbed by the team trading for Tebow and the Jets would get the bonus money back.

This is why the Tebow trade was such a disaster on so many levels.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The sticking point and the reason Tebow was not cut already is that there is 1.58 million remaining in a cash bonus that the Jets had to pay Denver when they traded him. Yes the Jets could simply cut Tebow today and his salary is gone, but there is this 1.58 million in dead money that would left on the cap. IF the Jets traded Tebow this money would be absorbed by the team trading for Tebow and the Jets would get the bonus money back.

This is why the Tebow trade was such a disaster on so many levels.
    Ah. Thanks for the info.

Is there some impending date looming (sg3 referred to 10 days max), when Tebow could be cut without absorbing that 1.58 mil cap hit? Draft day?

Sorry, i just couldnt scan through all these Tebow pages for the info.

Jets Insider VIP
    don't think so... the Draft will be over in 10 days and the Jets will not have gotten any bites for this worthless commodity that Tannenboob peed away 2 draft picks to get

At that point, Idzik will just decide to eat the 1.58 million and get rid of this clown was NEVER an NFL quarterback and belongs in the CFL or even lower on the pro football food chain

Hall Of Fame
    Ah. Thanks for the info.

Is there some impending date looming (sg3 referred to 10 days max), when Tebow could be cut without absorbing that 1.58 mil cap hit? Draft day?

Sorry, i just couldnt scan through all these Tebow pages for the info.
    No specific date. If cut Tebow represents a cap savings of 1 million dollars and will have 1.58 million in dead money remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ten days at most until Timmy Turd is sent packing.

God Bless
    You know you have been predicting he'd be gone since the last day of last season and it hasn't happened yet. You just keep pushing that "final day 'Teblow' will be on the team" date back one week or so at a time. Give it up. He's still on your team.

Jets Insider VIP
    so I guess it's back to your typical stalking and trolling, you stinking troll...

I was hoping that the post marathon "Be nice to chowd jackas$es period" could have lasted a little longer, frankly

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    No specific date. If cut Tebow represents a cap savings of 1 million dollars and will have 1.58 million in dead money remaining.
    Thanks again...

With that small salary im guessing he stays, not to be confused with "i want him to stay"

Sure it could be used to bolster other positions of need, there's no argument there, but after i saw the team drop 3 million on Wayne Hunter last year, i could definitely see them keeping Tebow, if for nothing other than the publicity.