Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 457

Thread: Tebow

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    144

    Tebow

    PFT has posted an article about the Jets and Tebow, it really makes me wonder why we haven't cut him yet. Do we really think someone will trade for him?

    Do the right thing and cut him loose so he has a chance to get into another teams program

  2. #2
    He will get a fair shot to make the team and that is the right thing to do. We are paying him 1.5 mil on the team or not so there should be no rush to cut him just so he can sign with anther team. If he has what it takes you keep him if not you cut him after camp. Who do we really have that is a better option right now. Sanchez will never start anther game for this team again if the FO has any pride at all in this team. McElroy is a locker room cancer with little talent. Simms is just a family friend invite. Garrard yeah but he hasn't played in 2 years. Untill we actually add a better QB to the roster I see no reason to start cutting people to help them. You have to think about the team 1st and you cant just start closing doors without opening a window.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GWjet View Post
    PFT has posted an article about the Jets and Tebow, it really makes me wonder why we haven't cut him yet. Do we really think someone will trade for him?

    Do the right thing and cut him loose so he has a chance to get into another teams program
    If NFL teams are taking a look at Pat White. You can't rule some other team having an interest in Tim Tebow .(maybe they will trade for him)

    David Garrard hasn't played in two years and why would you be so fast to release Tevbow. What happens if Garrard can't make it out of training camp healthy . You would be left in a very bad situation..

    When the Jets draft a QB some where in this draft than and only than, will they release Tim Tebow. It will be when it suits them to do so and not for Tim Tebow sake.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He will get a fair shot to make the team and that is the right thing to do. We are paying him 1.5 mil on the team or not so there should be no rush to cut him just so he can sign with anther team. If he has what it takes you keep him if not you cut him after camp. Who do we really have that is a better option right now. Sanchez will never start anther game for this team again if the FO has any pride at all in this team. McElroy is a locker room cancer with little talent. Simms is just a family friend invite. Garrard yeah but he hasn't played in 2 years. Untill we actually add a better QB to the roster I see no reason to start cutting people to help them. You have to think about the team 1st and you cant just start closing doors without opening a window.
    That "closed door" is a huge distraction, and constant reminder of a very dark Jets era, that the team has to shed immediately if it ever wants its credibility back.

    Shutting the door on Tebow IS opening the window..

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    That "closed door" is a huge distraction, and constant reminder of a very dark Jets era, that the team has to shed immediately if it ever wants its credibility back.

    Shutting the door on Tebow IS opening the window..
    In terms of Sanchez I agree. Tebow I dont see as that. It doesn't matter what he does reality is the only people still talking about him are the ones that just hate him for no real reason. I can live with that over Sanchez or McEloy the cancer.

  6. #6
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    229
    And McElroy is a cancer why?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    And McElroy is a cancer why?
    Blabbermouth

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    And McElroy is a cancer why?
    Bad mouthed his OL 2 years ago and still has yet to apologize. Shouldn't have made the team last year. Comments like his cost other players money and that is hitting below the belt IMO. I wouldnt want him in my locker room if I was one of the players on that team. He is the lowest kind of scum team mate IMO. You keep that in house and you dont say anything if your a 3rd string BU. I have never hated a 3rd string QB as much as I do him and I at one point liked him.

  9. #9
    tebow may very well end up being the starter here.

    look at his competition sanchez,garrard and mcelroy.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tebow may very well end up being the starter here.

    look at his competition sanchez,garrard and mcelroy.
    A sad but true reality. Hope to god we draft a QB or 2.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He will get a fair shot to make the team and that is the right thing to do. We are paying him 1.5 mil on the team or not so there should be no rush to cut him just so he can sign with anther team. If he has what it takes you keep him if not you cut him after camp. Who do we really have that is a better option right now. Sanchez will never start anther game for this team again if the FO has any pride at all in this team. McElroy is a locker room cancer with little talent. Simms is just a family friend invite. Garrard yeah but he hasn't played in 2 years. Untill we actually add a better QB to the roster I see no reason to start cutting people to help them. You have to think about the team 1st and you cant just start closing doors without opening a window.
    IMO its wrong to say that McElroy is a lockerroom cancer. That is pure bs. Regarding little talent: we shall see. Garrard played very well for the Blowfish last preseason and won the starting job. He then got hurt. Sanchez? well who knows? maybe a new OC and QB coach can help him. Maybe not. You seem to know more then the paid coaches do. But I do agree with you that Tebow should get a shot. I also think we will draft a QB. He , too, should get a shot. In the end whoever is left standing won the job and perhaps we can all pull for the guy no matter who he is.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Bad mouthed his OL 2 years ago and still has yet to apologize. Shouldn't have made the team last year. Comments like his cost other players money and that is hitting below the belt IMO. I wouldnt want him in my locker room if I was one of the players on that team. He is the lowest kind of scum team mate IMO. You keep that in house and you dont say anything if your a 3rd string BU. I have never hated a 3rd string QB as much as I do him and I at one point liked him.
    You should research your facts a little bit better. Please tell us which Olman lost money as a result of what McElroy allegedly said.

    And as far as an apology goes, you are again without merit!

    You are on the clock dreamer

    Greg McElroy talks of 'corrupt mindset'Updated: January 5, 2012, 12:37 PM ETBy Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com Recommend193Tweet85Comments933EmailPrintRookie quarterback Greg McElroy missed the entire season because of a thumb injury, but he witnessed the sideshow of the New York Jets' locker room -- a.k.a. the Florham Park Zoo.

    It was an eye-opening experience for the former Alabama star, who said there was a "corrupt mindset" in the locker room and "extremely selfish individuals" -- suggesting it was more than just Santonio Holmes, who jawed with teammates and was benched during the season finale.


    Jets Offseason



    The Jets began 2012 with a thud. So what's next? Jets Center Blog
    • 50 Greatest Jets

    "It's definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you," McElroy said Wednesday on Birmingham, Ala., radio station 97.3 The Zone. "It's the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals. I think that's maybe the nature of the NFL, but there were people within our locker room that didn't care whether we won or lost as long as they ... had really had good games individually."

    "That's the disappointing thing," he continued. "It's going to take a lot to come together next year. I think the fact we struggled at times this year really led to ... this corrupt mindset within the locker room. But I think we're going to regroup. I think we'll be a better team because of the trials and tribulations this year."

    Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum responded directly to McElroy's comments later Wednesday on WFAN radio.

    "Some of the things that happened this year, they can't happen again. I've talked to a number of players besides Greg McElroy, a number of coaches ... and we're going to fix a lot of these problems," he said. "Chemistry was certainly a factor this year. We haven't denied that. When we put a team together, which is my responsibility, you need talent, character and chemistry -- and we didn't get it done. We were 8-8."

    Tannebaum added: "I don't think we have a corrupt locker room. We have a lot of good people, we've won a lot of games with (coach) Rex (Ryan) and this nucleus and we're going to get the problems fixed."

    McElroy, a seventh-round draft pick, underwent preseason thumb surgery and spent the season on injured reserve. He remained with the team to rehab his injury and was throwing on the side by the end of the season. He figures prominently in the team's plans as a backup quarterback.

    When he was drafted, McElroy was thrilled because he idolized Joe Namath, an Alabama alum. To honor Namath, he wore No. 12 at Alabama.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-31-2013 at 04:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,168
    Garrard and McElroy are Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino compared with the worthless POS Teblow


    I look forward to celebrating him being released with well deserved joy

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Garrard and McElroy are Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino compared with the worthless POS Teblow


    I look forward to celebrating him being released with well deserved joy
    Emotional, thus foolish response. Love Tebow or hate him, right now, he has as good a chance as any QB on the roster to be the starter.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    IMO its wrong to say that McElroy is a lockerroom cancer. That is pure bs. Regarding little talent: we shall see. Garrard played very well for the Blowfish last preseason and won the starting job. He then got hurt. Sanchez? well who knows? maybe a new OC and QB coach can help him. Maybe not. You seem to know more then the paid coaches do. But I do agree with you that Tebow should get a shot. I also think we will draft a QB. He , too, should get a shot. In the end whoever is left standing won the job and perhaps we can all pull for the guy no matter who he is.
    He is a cancer no defending what was said. sorry. I wouldnt want him on any team I was on saying BS like that. I dont know what the coaches know that is correct but I know what his action where. No guy that throws his team under the bus is good for the locker room. Dont care if he was right or wrong it was a ****ty thing for him to say.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He is a cancer no defending what was said. sorry. I wouldnt want him on any team I was on saying BS like that. I dont know what the coaches know that is correct but I know what his action where. No guy that throws his team under the bus is good for the locker room. Dont care if he was right or wrong it was a ****ty thing for him to say.
    Holmes had alot to say that year. So did Moore and Slauson. You said that an OLman lost money because of McElroy's statements. I asked you which one. Now you say he is a cancer balh, blah blah. He made a rookie mistake and he was told about it by REX. Did he repeat his mistake? You may not like him as a QB but know jack shirt about the man to be attacking him as you do.

    I agree that when someone has a beef, take it behind closed doors! Never air out dirty laundry in public (like Holmes did ) I also know that people make mistakes and that is why they put erasers on pencils. You do not like the guy. Still no reason to fail to state the true facts. It makes you worse then McElroy.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Emotional, thus foolish response. Love Tebow or hate him, right now, he has as good a chance as any QB on the roster to be the starter.
    Incorrect

    The other two are Quarterbacks

    Tebow is a useless pile of fecal matter

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    Emotional, thus foolish response. Love Tebow or hate him, right now, he has as good a chance as any QB on the roster to be the starter.
    You are correct! That is all that poster knows how to do. Ignore him and maybe he will go away!

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,749
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Incorrect

    The other two are Quarterbacks

    Tebow is a useless pile of fecal matter
    Happy Easter!

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You are correct! That is all that poster knows how to do. Ignore him and maybe he will go away!
    Go milk the bourbon, SEC loosar

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us