Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Nation starts tonight on SNY

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Two points that really resonated with me in that show:

1) In a QB driven league, WHY do you trade a true lockdown corner? Wouldn't that make you better equipped than other teams to defend against this QB drivem league that we have?
    Name the last SB winner who got there through superior CB play. I'll give you a hint -- you won't find one. Would it be nice to keep Revis? Of course. But to act like he is the cornerstone of a SB team? At some point you have to cut your losses and hope you can parlay that player into pieces that WILL take you the distance.

Are the Jets at that point? I don't know, but I won't kill them if they think they are.

2) Idzik will say when it is time for the Jets tp pick next month, each and every time, who is the best player on the board? No matter what position he plays, we'll take him. Good way to approach the draft. JMO.
    This sounds great, but there better be a distinguishable difference to take BPA over need. In the end, it's all a crapshoot until they step on the field, so I'd rather take the "B" pass rusher over the "B+" guard, everything else being equal . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 03-31-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nice.

The Jets have ruined Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Might as well at Easter to the mix as well.

SAR I

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    they need to add Benigno and Francesa for a more balanced viewpoint
    LOL

I mean...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If they were winning most would not give a S...

gloom and doomers on JI LOVE Jets Nation because they hate the Jets too

don't you have lesson plans to write after goofing off for another of your sixteen weeks of annual paid vacation??
    Another personal attack when you have nothing to add.

Ray Lucas, gritty former player who had to fight for his spot in the NFL, respected by HOF HC Bill Parcells, believes that Rex and Woody are a joke.

But you know better.............

Well, lets look at the facts:

Rex Ryan initially had a very good team to work with. And despite every effort by their incompetent QB they STILL went to two consecutive AFC Championships. They were truly on the fringe of something GREAT.

However, Rex Ryan and the team could not possibly combat the bad dealings of Mike Tannenbaum. Tanny did everything not to confront the rapidly aging and soon to be retiring players that made the team so great.

So? After a few short seasons we are in rebuild mode. One can't help but think this crisis could have been avoided if only the FO had planned for the future more properly.

This in a nutshell is likely what the crew at SNY will have to say. They had it all and pissed it all away.

I like the SNY guys as they tell it exactly how it is. It's refreshing to have someone finally tell the truth and not be so caught up sugar coating things.

I listen carefully as they always point out where it is most necessary for the team to improve.
    Poor Rex, its all about Tanny. From everything I read, Rex wanted what he wanted and Tanny went out of his way to give it to him.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Another personal attack when you have nothing to add.

Ray Lucas, gritty former player who had to fight for his spot in the NFL, respected by HOF HC Bill Parcells, believes that Rex and Woody are a joke.

But you know better.............
    We were 6-1 going into Pittsburgh in 2000; Ray Lucas started for Vinny; we lost that game; the last one Luke started for the Jets.

Gimmee a break.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Poor Rex, its all about Tanny. From everything I read, Rex wanted what he wanted and Tanny went out of his way to give it to him.
    It was Tanny's responsibility, as GM, to pick the players. Apparently he was too weak to put the HC in his place which cost him his job.

It's obvious to this point Idzik has his own plan to rebuild this team. I'm sure if it were up to Rex he would have kept most of the players we have lost this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Name the last SB winner who got there through superior CB play. I'll give you a hint -- you won't find one. Would it be nice to keep Revis? Of course. But to act like he is the cornerstone of a SB team? At some point you have to cut your losses and hope you can parlay that player into pieces that WILL take you the distance.

Are the Jets at that point? I don't know, but I won't kill them if they think they are.

This sounds great, but there better be a distinguishable difference to take BPA over need. In the end, it's all a crapshoot until they step on the field, so I'd rather take the "B" pass rusher over the "B+" guard, everything else being equal . . .
    I'll give YOU a hint...

You haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

DEION SANDERS gave the 49ers and the Cowboys superior CB play and each and every time in his first season he put the team OVER THE TOP.

In fact, the 49ers had lost two seasons running to the Cowboys in the playoffs. They considered Sanders to be the difference maker. They NEEDED Sanders to take Michael Irvin out of the game. Which Sanders did one on one with no safety help over the top.

GAME. SET. MATCH.

Jets Insider VIP
    Homers on JI hate JETS NATION because they tell it like it is
    Another personal attack when you have nothing to add
    Last edited by sg3; 04-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    gloom and doomers on JI LOVE Jets Nation because they hate the Jets too

don't you have lesson plans to write after goofing off for another of your sixteen weeks of annual paid vacation??
    You are the ringleader of the Gloom and Doom Brigade. From where you sit in the peanut gallery, all you can say is laced with negativity where the Jets are concerned. Frankly, it's disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nice.

The Jets have ruined Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Might as well at Easter to the mix as well.

SAR I
    As a Mets fan, I'll add Memorial Day, July 4th and a double whammy of Labor day to the mix.

On the plus side, living in Oklahoma City I don't get SNY and I refuse to pay for the MLB ticket or the NFL ticket until these teams become competative.

I'll give YOU a hint...

DEION SANDERS gave the 49ers and the Cowboys superior CB play and each and every time in his first season he put the team OVER THE TOP.

In fact, the 49ers had lost two seasons running to the Cowboys in the playoffs. They considered Sanders to be the difference maker. They NEEDED Sanders to take Michael Irvin out of the game. Which Sanders did one on one with no safety help over the top.

GAME. SET. MATCH.
    Good post (except for the game, set, match). Problem is, you explained the exact reason why re-upping Revis is not the best move for THIS team at this time.

San Fran was already loaded. They had 7 pro-bowlers on that roster not even counting Deion. They just couldn't get past the Cowboys. So they went all-in to get that last piece, which ended up being a key component to their SB win.

On this team, Revis cannot have that impact, because the rest of the team simply can't hold up when the ball goes anywhere else. If this team had pro-bowlers at every position on offense and defense like the 9ers did (including two of the best players of all time), I don't think a Revis trade is a remote possibility.

As it stands today, a Revis trade may help the team put together those pieces that would allow them to shell out big bucks for marquee name when they're ready to make a major run. IF keeping him on the roster prevents that from happening in any way, then it's a mistake to meet his demands.

Banned
    I'll give YOU a hint...

GAME. SET. MATCH.
    Irvin had 12 catches for 192 yards and 2 td's against Deion in that NFC Championship game. What are you talking about? They won in spite of Irvin whipping Deion all over the field in that game. And I'm sure the Cowboys and the 49ers winning the Super Bowl had absolutely nothing to do with each team having a HOF QB and HOF WR along with great RB's and a superior OL. Please do some research before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    We were 6-1 going into Pittsburgh in 2000; Ray Lucas started for Vinny; we lost that game; the last one Luke started for the Jets.

Gimmee a break.
    So this makes him less credible?

A player who started his career barely making an NFL squad on STs and elevates his game to play at starting QB?

Tough, gritty player who gained the respect of HOF HC Bill Parcells?

Yeah, his opinion is worthless.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    It was Tanny's responsibility, as GM, to pick the players. Apparently he was too weak to put the HC in his place which cost him his job.

It's obvious to this point Idzik has his own plan to rebuild this team. I'm sure if it were up to Rex he would have kept most of the players we have lost this off season.
    Perhaps but I can't think of an offensive player drafter since 2010 (many would say 2009) that was worth a $hit. That has nothing to do with REX.

Banned
    So this makes him less credible?

A player who started his career barely making an NFL squad on STs and elevates his game to play at starting QB?

Tough, gritty player who gained the respect of HOF HC Bill Parcells?

Yeah, his opinion is worthless.......
    How does having the respect of Parcells make his opinion more credible or worth anything? Parcells respected him as a player, not as some analyst. In my opinion Lucas lost credibility when he said he would pay Revis $15 million a year when no team will ever pay him that. He's like most people on here, they have a very narrow vision for the team instead of looking at the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Irvin had 12 catches for 192 yards and 2 td's against Deion in that NFC Championship game. What are you talking about? They won in spite of Irvin whipping Deion all over the field in that game. And I'm sure the Cowboys and the 49ers winning the Super Bowl had absolutely nothing to do with each team having a HOF QB and HOF WR along with great RB's and a superior OL. Please do some research before you post.
    Ugh, maybe you should do some research. When Deion was on Irvin he did not put up those kind of numbers. The actual breakdown, he did catch some passes on Deion, but it wasn't what you are saying. Deion was being moved the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post

And there's your real Game Set Match!

Hall Of Fame
    I'll give YOU a hint...

GAME. SET. MATCH.
    Except the NFL has changed since then. Teams line up more than two WRs on a regular basis and teams can game plan around a great CB pretty easily now. Can a great CB help a team? Of course, but there is no need to pay one like the best defensive player in the game.