Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Nation starts tonight on SNY

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jets Nation starts tonight on SNY

7 pm DTV channel 639 ...

Great, I love hearing all the exact things I already knew about the Jets; having them yelled at me by two caricatures and a dimwit ex player is just icing on the cake. DVR set.

Nice.

The Jets have ruined Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Might as well at Easter to the mix as well.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Great, I love hearing all the exact things I already knew about the Jets; having them yelled at me by two caricatures and a dimwit ex player is just icing on the cake. DVR set.
    This. Not to mention these guys always find a negative spin on everything. If I wanted to hear a bunch of morons complain about my team I would just spend more time on this site

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. Not to mention these guys always find a negative spin on everything.
    That's not entirely true. Lucas used to waive the pom poms hard during the Mangini and early Rex years. And Klecko was an absolute homer until about the quarter pole last season. Schein has always been a bit of a hater but that is his schtick.

I wonder if they bring Tony back for the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    7 pm DTV channel 639 ...
    Thank you, I will watch it for sure. Anything JETS is good for me!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-31-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Nice.

SAR I
    MLS

Well, lets look at the facts:

Rex Ryan initially had a very good team to work with. And despite every effort by their incompetent QB they STILL went to two consecutive AFC Championships. They were truly on the fringe of something GREAT.

However, Rex Ryan and the team could not possibly combat the bad dealings of Mike Tannenbaum. Tanny did everything not to confront the rapidly aging and soon to be retiring players that made the team so great.

So? After a few short seasons we are in rebuild mode. One can't help but think this crisis could have been avoided if only the FO had planned for the future more properly.

This in a nutshell is likely what the crew at SNY will have to say. They had it all and pissed it all away.

I like the SNY guys as they tell it exactly how it is. It's refreshing to have someone finally tell the truth and not be so caught up sugar coating things.

I listen carefully as they always point out where it is most necessary for the team to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, lets look at the facts:

Rex Ryan initially had a very good team to work with. And despite every effort by their incompetent QB they STILL went to two consecutive AFC Championships. They were truly on the fringe of something GREAT.

However, Rex Ryan and the team could not possibly combat the bad dealings of Mike Tannenbaum. Tanny did everything not to confront the rapidly aging and soon to be retiring players that made the team so great.

So? After a few short seasons we are in rebuild mode. One can't help but think this crisis could have been avoided if only the FO had planned for the future more properly.

This in a nutshell is likely what the crew at SNY will have to say. They had it all and pissed it all away.

I like the SNY guys as they tell it exactly how it is. It's refreshing to have someone finally tell the truth and not be so caught up sugar coating things.

I listen carefully as they always point out where it is most necessary for the team to improve.
    That is not the right chronology. More like revisionist history.

The Jets were a get rich quick scheme, a way to put a highly entertaining product on the field to stimulate interest and sell personal seat licenses in a new stadium. Started with Brett Favre in '08, went through Plaxico Burress in '11.

What looked like a great idea to sell tickets turned into a bonafide strategy to build a winning team in the NFL. Like George Steinbrenner, Woody Johnson enabled Mike Tannenbaum to go on a spending spree and mortgage the future so as to do something in the present. We had the best two year run in Jets history, and it wasn't due to some incompetence; it was a deliberate strategy.

And that's where your buddy Rex Ryan comes in. Because he took the most talented Jets team we've ever seen in our lifetimes and he did nothing with it. Had two chances at an AFC championship and an appearance in the Super Bowl and had his team pull a no-show both times. Inexcusable performances, horrific preparation, lousy coaching.

In the NFL, you are lucky if you get a three or four year run to do something. The Jets had their shot, Rex Ryan blew it, and now he gets to ride the Titanic 5 miles deep.

That's the story.

SAR I

That's funny. That is exactly what I thought about the rest of your post.

But in the end the truth was told when you and your hate campaign was laughed off the stage. More facts:

1) You wanted Rex Ryan gone and you pretty much guaranteed he would be. WRONG.

Rex is still coaching this team because most people know that he is a good HC. Is he the best? Far from it. He has many areas where he needs to improve, most of all with offense.

But he is still the best HC this team has seen since Parcells.

Who knows? Maybe if you keep complaining loud enough, you can have your idol Herm Edwards come back and coach this team.

The Jets were a get rich quick scheme, a way to put a highly entertaining product on the field to stimulate interest and sell personal seat licenses in a new stadium. Started with Brett Favre in '08, went through Plaxico Burress in '11.

What looked like a great idea to sell tickets turned into a bonafide strategy to build a winning team in the NFL. Like George Steinbrenner, Woody Johnson enabled Mike Tannenbaum to go on a spending spree and mortgage the future so as to do something in the present. We had the best two year run in Jets history, and it wasn't due to some incompetence; it was a deliberate strategy.

And that's where your buddy Rex Ryan comes in. Because he took the most talented Jets team we've ever seen in our lifetimes and he did nothing with it. Had two chances at an AFC championship and an appearance in the Super Bowl and had his team pull a no-show both times. Inexcusable performances, horrific preparation, lousy coaching.

In the NFL, you are lucky if you get a three or four year run to do something. The Jets had their shot, Rex Ryan blew it, and now he gets to ride the Titanic 5 miles deep.

That's the story.

SAR I
    Most talented we've ever seen in our lifetimes? Are you serious?
    Our QB was a huge anchor & had he played at a mediocre pace, we would have had home field throughout the playoffs.
    Most talented was the 1982 team or the 1997 team.
    Maybe most talented Oline

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry

No time for pill popping Ray and Slimy Schein

Homers on JI hate JETS NATION because they tell it like it is

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    +1

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Astoria

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. Not to mention these guys always find a negative spin on everything. If I wanted to hear a bunch of morons complain about my team I would just spend more time on this site

Lol ... Well played

Ljr

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Nice.

SAR I
    If a Jet show on SNY ruins your Easter, you're a loser.

Really, just drives it home for you, doesn't it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    gloom and doomers on JI LOVE Jets Nation because they hate the Jets too

don't you have lesson plans to write after goofing off for another of your sixteen weeks of annual paid vacation??

Hall Of Fame
    Ray and Schein are in mid-season form.

Jets Insider VIP
    they need to add Benigno and Francesa for a more balanced viewpoint

Two points that really resonated with me in that show:

1) In a QB driven league, WHY do you trade a true lockdown corner? Wouldn't that make you better equipped than other teams to defend against this QB drivem league that we have?

2) Idzik will say when it is time for the Jets tp pick next month, each and every time, who is the best player on the board? No matter what position he plays, we'll take him. Good way to approach the draft. JMO.