Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Jets Nation starts tonight on SNY

  1. #41
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    So this makes him less credible?

    A player who started his career barely making an NFL squad on STs and elevates his game to play at starting QB?

    Tough, gritty player who gained the respect of HOF HC Bill Parcells?

    Yeah, his opinion is worthless.......
    Yeah because countless ex players have gone on to become great coaches and player evaluators

    Please he's just another media member at this point. And most of these guys haven't a clue.

  2. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Yeah because countless ex players have gone on to become great coaches and player evaluators

    Please he's just another media member at this point. And most of these guys haven't a clue.
    Exactly right, which is why I don't watch any tv, read newspapers, or peruse the internet for any NFL news. I solely get my info by following bgvis21, because the hell with former players and guys who get paid to do nothing but follow the NFL all day, bgvis21 has ALL the inside scoops and knows ALL the great draft picks and busts.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Exactly right, which is why I don't watch any tv, read newspapers, or peruse the internet for any NFL news. I solely get my info by following bgvis21, because the hell with former players and guys who get paid to do nothing but follow the NFL all day, bgvis21 has ALL the inside scoops and knows ALL the great draft picks and busts.
    Thank you!!

    I didnt have the strength to post a response.

    Why people posting out here keep insisting that they know more than every former player or coach to have actaully played in the NFL is beyond me.

    Are analysts always correct? Of course not, only God is always correct!!

    But to act like analysts should all be treated like idiots is a position that makes absolutely no sense to me!!!!

  4. #44
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    So this makes him less credible?

    A player who started his career barely making an NFL squad on STs and elevates his game to play at starting QB?

    Tough, gritty player who gained the respect of HOF HC Bill Parcells?

    Yeah, his opinion is worthless.......
    Do I have to explain the irony of you "name-dropping" Bill Parcells there?


    Your move, Harry Higgins.

  5. #45
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    612
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Exactly right, which is why I don't watch any tv, read newspapers, or peruse the internet for any NFL news. I solely get my info by following bgvis21, because the hell with former players and guys who get paid to do nothing but follow the NFL all day, bgvis21 has ALL the inside scoops and knows ALL the great draft picks and busts.
    There's a big difference between breaking down X's and O's and determing how well someone can transition from college to NFL to well, regurtitating facts told to them by insiders. Both of us could do that.

    It's funny how you attack me and try to twist my words to make your point. But what I have said is still valid. You can go to Ray Lucas, Todd McShay, or Mel Kiper and sure, they know a lot more about football than I do. And sure they watch to everyday. But how many times have these guys been wrong about who's going to be a good player. I think what all us can agree on is that none of these guys really know if college players are going to pan out in the NFL and they seem to be more wrong than right.

    But hey, you're going to believe what your told by the guy on the TV and never question it.

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care for baseball or Lebron James so this is the most interesting televised sports show for me now.

  7. #47
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot what this topic was about about 10 times reading through all that








    Ljr

  8. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Forgot what this topic was about about 10 times reading through all that








    Ljr
    i 2nd that!
    is SNY on direct TV?

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_TFY View Post
    not specifically; i have a bunch of Jets news coming Sunday/Monday and am scheduled to make an appearance on Jets Nation next Wednesday, 4/10....
    .

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Exactly right, which is why I don't watch any tv, read newspapers, or peruse the internet for any NFL news. I solely get my info by following bgvis21, because the hell with former players and guys who get paid to do nothing but follow the NFL all day, bgvis21 has ALL the inside scoops and knows ALL the great draft picks and busts.
    well stated and I do agree with you!

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    where was all this very good personnel that rex started with? seems to me he took mangini's patsie clone players on defense and turned them from middling to top 10. they haven't been real set on offence except for sanchez, dbrick, mangold, keller and moore. every other position is a revolving door. so i'm not quite sure if you can pin this all on rex.

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That is not the right chronology. More like revisionist history.

    The Jets were a get rich quick scheme, a way to put a highly entertaining product on the field to stimulate interest and sell personal seat licenses in a new stadium. Started with Brett Favre in '08, went through Plaxico Burress in '11.

    What looked like a great idea to sell tickets turned into a bonafide strategy to build a winning team in the NFL. Like George Steinbrenner, Woody Johnson enabled Mike Tannenbaum to go on a spending spree and mortgage the future so as to do something in the present. We had the best two year run in Jets history, and it wasn't due to some incompetence; it was a deliberate strategy.

    And that's where your buddy Rex Ryan comes in. Because he took the most talented Jets team we've ever seen in our lifetimes and he did nothing with it. Had two chances at an AFC championship and an appearance in the Super Bowl and had his team pull a no-show both times. Inexcusable performances, horrific preparation, lousy coaching.

    In the NFL, you are lucky if you get a three or four year run to do something. The Jets had their shot, Rex Ryan blew it, and now he gets to ride the Titanic 5 miles deep.

    That's the story.

    SAR I

  12. #52
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    And that's where your buddy Rex Ryan comes in. Because he took the most talented Jets team we've ever seen in our lifetimes and he did nothing with it. Had two chances at an AFC championship and an appearance in the Super Bowl and had his team pull a no-show both times. Inexcusable performances, horrific preparation, lousy coaching.

    In the NFL, you are lucky if you get a three or four year run to do something. The Jets had their shot, Rex Ryan blew it, and now he gets to ride the Titanic 5 miles deep.

    That's the story.

    SAR I
    Do you really feel that the 2009-2010 teams were more talented than the 1998 team? Or the stacked teams in the 80's with the Sack Exchange and Co. on defense and McNeil, Walker, Toon, Shuler, Powell, et al. on offense? (Cue that picture of Joe Walton with the cigar that you love so much.)

    The Jets were not ill-prepared against the Colts. If you recall, they jumped out to an early lead, only to be unable to stop a comeback by an all-time great QB vs. an undermanned secondary. (To Tannenbaum's credit, he did address this deficiency later with the acquisitions of Cromartie and Wilson to go with Revis.)

    The Jets did come out flat against the Steelers, and I can't argue with you for holding Rex responsible for that. That they fought back from a 23-point deficit and almost pulled the game out Is not insignificant, though.

  13. #53
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Another personal attack when you have nothing to add.

    Ray Lucas, gritty former player who had to fight for his spot in the NFL, respected by HOF HC Bill Parcells, believes that Rex and Woody are a joke.

    But you know better.............
    Ray Lucas thinks his sh*t doesn't stink on the show and sucked as a player He played for the hated Pats & Dolphins and further proof he sucked is this...

    Ray Lucas holds the unenviable distinction of worst single game quarterback performance by any Dolphin. On October 20, 2002, in one game against the Buffalo Bills, Lucas was responsible for 6 turnovers: 4 interceptions and 2 fumbles. He completed only 13 passes to Dolphin receivers. The player that caught the most passes from Lucas was Buffalo Cornerback Nate Clements

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us