Thread: KennyO7's Final 2013 Mock Draft + UDFA +

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

KennyO7's Final 2013 Mock Draft + UDFA +

Ok here we go...

Lets start with the trades:

1. We trade Revis to the Bucs for their 2013 2nd Rd Pick (#43) and their 2014 1st and 3rd Rd Picks.

2. We trade our 2013 1st Rd Pick (#9) to the Saints for their 1st (#15), 3rd (#75) and 5th Rd pick (#144). This trade is based on Dee Millner being available at #9 and the Saints moving up to draft a much need CB whose considered the best in the draft.

3. We trade or 2nd Rd pick (#43) that we got from the Bucs to Houston for their 2nd round pick (#57), 3rd round pick (#89) and a 2014 2nd Rd Pick.

On to the Draft:

1 (#15)- Baerkevious Mingo, OLB- At # 15, I feel much better about taking a freakishly athletic OLB who can provide much needed pass rush help but is also a risk at #15 rather than #9.

2 (#39)- Larry Warford, OG- Roadgrater who will open up the running game and be a fixture on the O-line much like Brandon Moore was

2 (#57)- Jamie Collins, OLB- Clearly, OLB is a weakness and this draft has a lot of depth. Collins is an athletic OLB who does everything well. Will at least provide depth if not start as the year goes on

3 (#72)- Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB- with Revis gone and Cromartie getting older, we need a big tough CB to develop into a starter

3 (#75)- Shawn Williams, S- Safety clearly is a problem and coupling Williams withe Dawan Landry is the solution for at least this year.

3 (#89)- Brian Winters, OG- Big Athletic O-Lineman who will be groomed to take over at LG

4 (#106)- Nick Kasa, TE - 6'6, 270lbs and surprisingly quick DE converted into TE. The guy has a phenomenal work ethic (he would catch 100 passes from jugz machine at the end of every practice). He is a bit of a project but upside is tremendous. Already an excellent blocker and has the athletic skill to be a weapon in the passing game.

5 (#141)- Montori Hughes, NT/DL- Mammouth D-Lineman with some athletc ability, will be groomed by an excellent D-Line coach

5 (#144)- Conner Vernon, WR- I love this guy. Not very quick, not flashy, but somehow always manages to get open and doesnt drop the ball. Reminds me of Chrebet

6 (#178)- Quanterus Smith, OLB- I know, another OLB. But this kid is a steal in the 6th. Incredible work ethic and very talented small school player who looked good against some of the big boys.

7 (# 215)- Kyle Juszczyk, FB- Another guy I love. 6'1, 248lbs. He can block, run and catch. Plus hes a Harvard guy so you know hes smart. Hardworking lunch pail type who reminds me of a poor mans Chris Cooley. Can have a big role in our offense

UDFA

Sean Renfree, QB
    - I think he drops and will be part of the QB mix
    Mike Rallis, ILB- love this guy, incredible motor and has a lions heart. Plus he is Greek. He will be awesome on Special Teams and can be groomed into a 2 down ILB
    Emmet Cleary, OT- has played RT and LT. Plus hes a BC boy. Provides Depth
    Miguel Maysonet, RB- local kid who simply just produced. Looked good against Syracuse. Not much of a pass catcher but runs hard and low.

After the draft we resign Braylon Edwards and sign Dawan Landry.

I know alot of folks will be mad I didnt draft a QB. Tough. I think the value at other positions is much higher. I know people will complain about drafting 3 OLBs. Again, the value is high and this is a position of great need.

What this draft does is provide some playmakers on defense (which we desperately need), help revamp the O-Line and provide depth in the secondary and D-Line.

The Offensive players I draft are not flashy but are hard working, high character guys which we desperately lack. I also think they will develop into solid contributors.

Plus My draft provides us wit 2 picks in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds of the 2014 draft. Remember we are rebuilding.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the strategy, but I loathe the first two picks (sorry Rexipous). Can't stand Mingo as our first rnd pick. It's one those Will Ferrell "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here" things... I have no idea who Mingo paid off to get himself looked as a top of the draft talent. The man won't even do a benchpress drill! I'll take Moore, Jones any day over this fool.

I also think Warford's going to be sloppy in the pros. But again, I like the strategy here, I'm glad we don't have to argue over trading up to the #4 spot to draft Austin. Hughes, Collins and Winters are all big pluses in my books

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I love the strategy, but I loathe the first two picks (sorry Rexipous). Can't stand Mingo as our first rnd pick. It's one those Will Ferrell "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here" things... I have no idea who Mingo paid off to get himself looked as a top of the draft talent. The man won't even do a benchpress drill! I'll take Moore, Jones any day over this fool.

I also think Warford's going to be sloppy in the pros. But again, I like the strategy here, I'm glad we don't have to argue over trading up to the #4 spot to draft Austin. Hughes, Collins and Winters are all big pluses in my books
    I understand your concerns about Mingo. I share them as well and would not take him at9. But the guy is an awesome athlete and from what ive read is a hard worker. I think hes a risk but is worth it because of his high upside.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    like the first 5 rounds alot, and the way u managed it, it's like 2 drafts in 1. it's also realistic that someone like NOLA will want to trade up to 9 for Milliner.

Tho, u didn't touch QB till UDFA. What's the strategy for QB going forward with this? 2014 draft?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    like the first 5 rounds alot, and the way u managed it, it's like 2 drafts in 1. it's also realistic that someone like NOLA will want to trade up to 9 for Milliner.

Tho, u didn't touch QB till UDFA. What's the strategy for QB going forward with this? 2014 draft?
    With six picks in the first 3 rounds in 2014, i think the qb answer will either come in the 2014 draft or through a trade. Possibly with Washington or Philly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like the strategy. Let me ask you this though - if we trade Revis and Millner is still there at 9, how do we pass up picking him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends. Our secondary didn't exactly implode without Revis. Cro played lights out, and the rest stepped up. Was that a one year - prove a point that "we can carry the weight too" kind of thing by Wilson & Cro? Dunno.

If we traded Revis, then I'd assume we'd be taking 2 players in the top 15 and since corner is not our biggest need, I'd expect Warmack/Cooper plus Jones/Eifert/Moore or something. If the concerns about Jones and Moore are real - then Milliner plus an OG is a real possibility.

I really don't think both of those things happen though (Revis trade + Milliner being there). Very unrealistic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    I also like the strategy. Let me ask you this though - if we trade Revis and Millner is still there at 9, how do we pass up picking him?
    We pass him up because the value does not meet the need. No doubt Millner is a great prospect and the best CB in the draft. But is he needed to replace Revis? Based on last year I would say no. Then consider that we are passing up on a player who does not fill a pressing need and in return we still get a good pick PLUS 2 additional picks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends. Our secondary didn't exactly implode without Revis. Cro played lights out, and the rest stepped up. Was that a one year - prove a point that "we can carry the weight too" kind of thing by Wilson & Cro? Dunno.

If we traded Revis, then I'd assume we'd be taking 2 players in the top 15 and since corner is not our biggest need, I'd expect Warmack/Cooper plus Jones/Eifert/Moore or something. If the concerns about Jones and Moore are real - then Milliner plus an OG is a real possibility.

I really don't think both of those things happen though (Revis trade + Milliner being there). Very unrealistic.
    You never know. Look at last years draft.

How many people thought both Coples and Ingram would be available to the Jets at #16? Who thought Bruce Irvin would be picked ahead of both? Or that Cordy Glenn would fall to #41 in the 2nd round.

Stranger things have happened. If Detroit and Cleveland pass on Millner for other needs (OT and OLB) this scenario could very well happen