Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Rex Ryan lost his appeal?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never -- ever -- liked Rex Ryan. Too much bluster. And now we see that's all there was. Emperor has no clothes. Cheetos and snacks and cheeseburgers during the week and ra-ra-ra-ra and hotdogs on gameday. It might be a formula for fun times but not for winning. He must know the game or he couldn't have gotten where he got, but I'm kind of wondering if phrases like "game plan" ever grace the halls of their practice facility. Then you throw in their player development, player evaluation, game day adjustments, and whatever and it is a sad state of affairs. You know it's bad when you begin longing for Mangini, who in hindsight was just too much of trying to be someone else and too hard on the players. But I'll take it any day over this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I think once we become a winning team again Rex will come back to life, his style is great when your winning, but down right pig ugly when your not.
    What are the chances that Rex will still the HC when the Jets are a winning team again?. Slim to none I'd say. I'd be shocked to see Rex ever again as a HC for any team. All he's proven is he doesn't have the tools.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Right on the money SP. Nothing worse than a bunch of phonies.
    2 phonie Jets fan agree on trolling the Jets

How original

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is finished, how he kept his job is beyond me. The JETS are like a ship going down and the rats are jumping ship. Sanchez would be gone if he wasn't such a cap hit. Why is Tebow still on the roster? My only hope is that the team is ready to go when Brady retires in about 4 years

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    What are the chances that Rex will still the HC when the Jets are a winning team again?. Slim to none I'd say. I'd be shocked to see Rex ever again as a HC for any team. All he's proven is he doesn't have the tools.
    He sucks...can't win playoff games on the road. Absolute phonie

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
    Rex is finished, how he kept his job is beyond me. The JETS are like a ship going down and the rats are jumping ship. Sanchez would be gone if he wasn't such a cap hit. Why is Tebow still on the roster? My only hope is that the team is ready to go when Brady retires in about 4 years
    careful some jerkoffs on this board are gonna question your fan hood.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    careful some jerkoffs on this board are gonna question your fan hood.
    Your sig says it all, I love my team but this team needs to rebuild and that requires talented people top to bottom. Rex hitched his star to Sanchez and together they crashed and burned. Rex will go back to being a DC and Sanchez will be playing in the CFL in 2 years

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
    Your sig says it all, I love my team but this team needs to rebuild and that requires talented people top to bottom. Rex hitched his star to Sanchez and together they crashed and burned. Rex will go back to being a DC and Sanchez will be playing in the CFL in 2 years
    here comes Johnny RAY jerkoff to respond to you in 3 ,2, 1
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 03-31-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    He sucks...can't win playoff games on the road. Absolute phonie

Forgetting that's old news, how much were those wins about Rex' HC abilities and how much was it about an inherited team of players? Seems like all he's proven since is a lack of understanding of offense, a fractured team at odds with each other, players who quit on him, and now an exodus. He's over his head.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO@ SOJF's...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McElroid View Post
    I never -- ever -- liked Rex Ryan. Too much bluster. And now we see that's all there was. Emperor has no clothes. Cheetos and snacks and cheeseburgers during the week and ra-ra-ra-ra and hotdogs on gameday. It might be a formula for fun times but not for winning. He must know the game or he couldn't have gotten where he got, but I'm kind of wondering if phrases like "game plan" ever grace the halls of their practice facility. Then you throw in their player development, player evaluation, game day adjustments, and whatever and it is a sad state of affairs. You know it's bad when you begin longing for Mangini, who in hindsight was just too much of trying to be someone else and too hard on the players. But I'll take it any day over this.
    Agreed totally. I've been lurking this board since about 20 minutes after the '05 Jets-Steelers playoff game, but I didn't start posting until 2010, but I sh1t you not the moment I realized this was a doomed venture was during his introductory press conference and he uttered the statement: "The players will have each other's backs, and if you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours." The first half of that sentence was fine, the second half is total bologna. Football is the ultimate game of restrained violence and discipline. Being goaded into stupid and retaliatory penalties is a no-no for a competent head coach. There's only one sport where eye for an eye is tolerated and that's hockey, and even hockey coaches don't say bullcrap like that at their pressers. Yet here is a pro football coach talking nonsense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgetting that's old news, how much were those wins about Rex' HC abilities and how much was it about an inherited team of players? Seems like all he's proven since is a lack of understanding of offense, a fractured team at odds with each other, players who quit on him, and now an exodus. He's over his head.
    THIS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Agreed totally. I've been lurking this board since about 20 minutes after the '05 Jets-Steelers playoff game, but I didn't start posting until 2010, but I sh1t you not the moment I realized this was a doomed venture was during his introductory press conference and he uttered the statement: "The players will have each other's backs, and if you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours." The first half of that sentence was fine, the second half is total bologna. Football is the ultimate game of restrained violence and discipline. Being goaded into stupid and retaliatory penalties is a no-no for a competent head coach. There's only one sport where eye for an eye is tolerated and that's hockey, and even hockey coaches don't say bullcrap like that at their pressers. Yet here is a pro football coach talking nonsense.
    LOL, what a complete crock of ****

That statement, more than anything else, set the mantra and the culture that Ryan wanted to install with the team, and that is exactly what he's done. Do we see a bunch of undisciplined players out there? No!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like him if only because he is a smaller version of Chris Cristie. lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever helps you sleep better

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, what a complete crock of ****

That statement, more than anything else, set the mantra and the culture that Ryan wanted to install with the team, and that is exactly what he's done. Do we see a bunch of undisciplined players out there? No!
    Do you see a team that out executes their opponents on a weekly basis? Do you see a team that doesn't succumb to stupidity? Do you see a team that could beat a quality opponent the past 2 seasons? No you don't, but you can never, ever admit that can you. And on what planet is the Jets culture ever to take 2 of yours when you take one of ours. Most glaring recent example I can remember is Brodney Poole being murdered by Ahmad Bradshaw on Christmas Eve. Where was their eye-for-an-eye mentality there? When Rex got nose to nose with Jacobs AFTER he got his a$$ kicked in the only fight that mattered on that crisp winter afternoon? Did they take 2 of the Dolphins the following week?

Take your Jet ball-washing and your knee pads somewhere else. When you choose to deal with reality, we can talk.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Take your Jet ball-washing and your knee pads somewhere else. When you choose to deal with reality, we can talk.
    Your favorite coach in the entire world, Bill Bellichick wouldn't have won games with the QB play we've had the past 2 season.....for the past 4 seasons, actually

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

The Apple........

Quote Originally Posted by marvinpowell View Post
    I remember not too long ago when Rex said with confidence that players would prefer to play for the Jets. I think Rex believed that he was a players' coach, and that he made things fun under his regime.

I no longer believe that, and I am sure all of you out there agree. Matt Slausen was a player that Rex personally asked to remain a Jet. Looking back at last season, it was Rex's decision to mix Ducosse in left guard with Slausen, which from what I remember Slausen was not happy about, nor was the O line coach. Result, Slausen leaves to go elsewhere.

I feel that the undoing of this team and ultimately of Rex Ryan will be that he has finally lost his appeal with the players. I feel that given the choice, players want to play elsewhere. Only money or a contract will keep them here. If Rex is to survive, then he needs to make playing for the Jets fun again; if not, then this will surely be Rex's last season as head coach of the Jets.

What say you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Zgj6IdPuM

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep better
    Hey, don't misunderstand. I'm hoping Woody keeps him as the HC for another 10 years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinpowell View Post
    I remember not too long ago when Rex said with confidence that players would prefer to play for the Jets. I think Rex believed that he was a players' coach, and that he made things fun under his regime.

I no longer believe that, and I am sure all of you out there agree. Matt Slausen was a player that Rex personally asked to remain a Jet. Looking back at last season, it was Rex's decision to mix Ducosse in left guard with Slausen, which from what I remember Slausen was not happy about, nor was the O line coach. Result, Slausen leaves to go elsewhere.

I feel that the undoing of this team and ultimately of Rex Ryan will be that he has finally lost his appeal with the players. I feel that given the choice, players want to play elsewhere. Only money or a contract will keep them here. If Rex is to survive, then he needs to make playing for the Jets fun again; if not, then this will surely be Rex's last season as head coach of the Jets.

What say you?
    Matt Slausen are you kidding guy? ha.. I think we got pretty good value out of him for what a 6th round pick? but that's what he is, a guy worked his butt off to play a little above 6th round value.. Its not like he has all this raw talent that can maybe transform into something valuable. At least Ducosse has that going for him. Players go where the money is period.. Look at Wes welker. Why on earth would he leave the great Pats and his butt buddy Tawny brady? extra mil or 2 is why..

Your theory also is disproved by antwan barnes signing. Bunch of teams were interested in him, proven pass rushers always are.. This guy knew Rex from Baltimore, and after visiting with the team he told his agent " get a deal done with the Jets" We sure didn't have to overpay for him either..