Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Rex Ryan lost his appeal?

Has Rex Ryan lost his appeal?

I remember not too long ago when Rex said with confidence that players would prefer to play for the Jets. I think Rex believed that he was a players' coach, and that he made things fun under his regime.

I no longer believe that, and I am sure all of you out there agree. Matt Slausen was a player that Rex personally asked to remain a Jet. Looking back at last season, it was Rex's decision to mix Ducosse in left guard with Slausen, which from what I remember Slausen was not happy about, nor was the O line coach. Result, Slausen leaves to go elsewhere.

I feel that the undoing of this team and ultimately of Rex Ryan will be that he has finally lost his appeal with the players. I feel that given the choice, players want to play elsewhere. Only money or a contract will keep them here. If Rex is to survive, then he needs to make playing for the Jets fun again; if not, then this will surely be Rex's last season as head coach of the Jets.

What say you?

what appeal?

it was all an act. he made it to 2 afc championships and then the wheels fell off the bus and he was quickly humbled and silenced.

i saw a battered and beaten person in the last 2 seasons pressers. i did not see a championship calibre motivator head coach.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Lets see how things play out...............
    With Rexy as the primary signal caller on D over the de facto D coordinator SCREAMS that he is demo-ing for his new professional path (calling D assignments full time).

Win or lose just be true to yourself otherwise you are just phony (a windbag phony).

I donít expect perfection from an HC just consistency and improvement Rex has shown that he is lacking in both, despite the fact that he recognises his shortcomings and attempts to improve.

He is however one hell of a DC

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinpowell View Post
    I remember not too long ago when Rex said with confidence that players would prefer to play for the Jets. I think Rex believed that he was a players' coach, and that he made things fun under his regime.

I no longer believe that, and I am sure all of you out there agree. Matt Slausen was a player that Rex personally asked to remain a Jet. Looking back at last season, it was Rex's decision to mix Ducosse in left guard with Slausen, which from what I remember Slausen was not happy about, nor was the O line coach. Result, Slausen leaves to go elsewhere.

I feel that the undoing of this team and ultimately of Rex Ryan will be that he has finally lost his appeal with the players. I feel that given the choice, players want to play elsewhere. Only money or a contract will keep them here. If Rex is to survive, then he needs to make playing for the Jets fun again; if not, then this will surely be Rex's last season as head coach of the Jets.

What say you?
    This post is 2 years too late. NO players want to come here all things being equal. Rex has shown he CAN'T win the way he thought he could and until he shows other wise...few other than a few homers here take him very seriously.

Could you imagine Peyton saying...I want to play for Rex!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    This post is 2 years too late. NO players want to come here all things being equal. Rex has shown he CAN'T win the way he thought he could and until he shows other wise...few other than a few homers here take him very seriously.

QFT.

The jig is up.

I think once we become a winning team again Rex will come back to life, his style is great when your winning, but down right pig ugly when your not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex gives us the best chance to win. Oh................wait a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by marvinpowell View Post

What say you?
    Has Rex lost his appeal?

PLEASE, do not tell me you were referring to his sex appeal?

That would make you one sick twisted F*CK.

No, but seriously, I think winning cures an awful lot of ills with players. Truth be told, I'm sure they still love playing for Rex Ryan. But obviously the confidence and swagger that Rex has instilled in them has waivered a lot. You can expect when you suffer two bad seasons.

If the Jets can improve, even in the slightest bit this season, that would do a world of good for the players.

Right on the money SP. Nothing worse than putting your heart and soul into an organization for a life time only having to endure a time period like the present where the owner and HC are a bunch of phonies.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Any team that has people at the top fired/replaced and loses more than they win is going to have a hard time selling players to come to them vs. recent playoff teams with money being equal

Rex the coach is still a selling point for defensive players ... Offensive player decisions are going to be much more dependent on Morningwig

To make it simple regarding your question though ... From me, the answer is no

Jr

First things first, I hope you are watching the basketball game. Looks like Puke is going down. Will make it a very Happy Easter for me!

In regards to Rex and your example of Peyton, to be fair, how long did it take Peyton to win? In fact, he didn't even make it to a championship game until his 7th season in the league.

Once again, how many coaches have enjoyed the success Rex had his forst two seasons? As spectacular as Seattle's run was this year with a rookie QB, it fell short of what Rex did with Sanchez in his rookie season. Just saying.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    First things first, I hope you are watching the basketball game. Looks like Puke is going down. Will make it a very Happy Easter for me!

In regards to Rex and your example of Peyton, to be fair, how long did it take Peyton to win? In fact, he didn't even make it to a championship game until his 7th season in the league.

Once again, how many coaches have enjoyed the success Rex had his forst two seasons? As spectacular as Seattle's run was this year with a rookie QB, it fell short of what Rex did with Sanchez in his rookie season. Just saying.....
    we ACC fans call em DOOK. My example of Peyton should not distract from the exposed weakness of REX. I get your point and if I could vote, would vote to give him this year. BUT.... He needs to be more a HC not DC .

Any team playing DOOK I am all in for.

we ACC fans call em DOOK. My example of Peyton should not distract from the exposed weakness of REX. I get your point and if I could vote, would vote to give him this year. BUT.... He needs to be more a HC not DC .

Any team playing DOOK I am all in for.
    Ok, just recall that I am a Big East guy. We refer to them as Puke! But we are on the same page when it comes to Puke. They cannot lose enough for me. I would like to see Louisville win by 25.

I agree with your comment on Rex. He does need to be more involved with the offense and not just act as a DC. That is legit criticism.

Hall Of Fame
    I never understand all the Duke hate. If there was ever a model program it would be Duke's. Emphasis on the "student" in student-athlete. Can't remember the last time I heard of an NCAA violation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I never understand all the Duke hate. If there was ever a model program it would be Duke's. Emphasis on the "student" in student-athlete. Can't remember the last time I heard of an NCAA violation.
    No question. GREAT institution. I have tuition bills from UNC so I hate DOOK. It's a great rivalry.

Hall Of Fame
    No question. GREAT institution. I have tuition bills from UNC so I hate DOOK. It's a great rivalry.
    I can clearly understand your position. Duke/UNC is a great rivalry. But this is more of a national thing. Even the analysts on TV just hate on them.

I am happy for Louisville and Rick Pitino. I think he is a great coach. Shame what happened to that kid. I had to turn off the game after that. If there is one positive, at least it wasn't his knee.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 03-31-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    GTFO with that b/s. Model program my azz! The NCAA has "selective enforcement." I am sure if it looked hard enough it will find violations at Puke. I do think the NCAA's rules are not based in reality with today's student-athlete's environment. But that's a discussion for another day. Getting back to Puke, the favoritism shown to that program for years under coach K is a joke. How many NCAA tourneys did Puke begin in NC or in the east region.

As I said, I an a Big East fan. However, the true program that is tops in the ACC and stands for excellence for decades is not Puke but UNC.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    GTFO with that b/s. Model program my azz! The NCAA has "selective enforcement." I am sure if it looked hard enough it will find violations at Puke. I do think the NCAA's rules are not based in reality with today's student-athlete's environment. But that's a discussion for another day. Getting back to Puke, the favoritism shown to that program for years under coach K is a joke. How many NCAA tourneys did Puke begin in NC or in the east region.

As I said, I an a Big East fan. However, the true program that is tops in the ACC and stands for excellence for decades is not Puke but UNC.

What reality are you talking about. A full-ride to one of these schools is worth like $250k. The athletes are getting enough. They make a choice what to do with their education.

As for the other parts of your post, they are just so baseless and rooted in vitriol that I can't even respond.

Rex is not a coach, he's a freaking joke. It's an embarrassment to have him coach here. I'm so tired of his BS. He's a freaking clown.