Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Rex Ryan lost his appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Do you see a team that out executes their opponents on a weekly basis? Do you see a team that doesn't succumb to stupidity? Do you see a team that could beat a quality opponent the past 2 seasons? No you don't, but you can never, ever admit that can you. And on what planet is the Jets culture ever to take 2 of yours when you take one of ours. Most glaring recent example I can remember is Brodney Poole being murdered by Ahmad Bradshaw on Christmas Eve. Where was their eye-for-an-eye mentality there? When Rex got nose to nose with Jacobs AFTER he got his a$$ kicked in the only fight that mattered on that crisp winter afternoon? Did they take 2 of the Dolphins the following week?

Take your Jet ball-washing and your knee pads somewhere else. When you choose to deal with reality, we can talk.
    The past two seasons was a train wreck of a team, mostly due to injuries and roster turnover due to cap reasons. People forget that before last season, the lockout off-season, this team had 17 FA's, the WR position amongst others was completely wiped out, and the team was forced to make decisions like bringing in Burress fresh out of jail to rely on a revamped unit. Injuries killed the Jets on the OL all year, the team lost trust in Schottenheimer on offense, and the defense had its warts because of the middle of the field at the safety position and a banged up Bart Scott all year.

Last year was another train wreck of injuries, especially on offense, the team was forced to play street FA's at the WR position and young experienced players at TE, and the RB position was a MASH unit for most of the year behind Greene. Sparano was an epic disaster, and his offense along with those injuries scared no one. We lost our top two players on defense and offense in consecutive weeks early in the year to set the tone for a year that was bound to be a long season.

No, didn't see a team that was out coached, and I didn't see a team that lacked heart and quit playing, they kept playing, despite the inexperience, despite players long in tooth at the LB position, despite playing with a bunch of nobodies on offense and our QB having nothing around him to present a threat, and them seemingly losing confidence towards the end of a losing season, that wasn't getting any better.

Rex brings it every week, and the team, despite the holes as mentioned, the last two years, still brought it, and played for their coach, and still believed in their coach, BECAUSE of the style he plays and the emotion he brings to the locker room in a sport that is fueled by emotion.

Does Rex have his flaws, does need to be smarter? Sure, what head coach, after his first couple of years as a head coach doesn't have his warts, doesn't need to gain experience and learn from mistakes?

You and the rest of SOJF's just love to cry, screw the AFCCG's, the last two years is the better barometer, because you all know, you've considered all of these factors, the injuries, the roster turnover, and the age at key positions.

No, as I said, it's a bunch of SOJF crap, regurgitating the same TIRED mantra that you all bring to the board with your never ending doom and gloom, and know-it-all diatribes. There is never any balance, never any football IQ applied, the Jets just suck, because it's been 40+ years, and you know best, just because....

ROLLING MY ****ING EYES OUT!!!!!

Take your SOJF BS and shove it right back at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Your favorite coach in the entire world, Bill Bellichick wouldn't have won games with the QB play we've had the past 2 season.....for the past 4 seasons, actually
    Ah, of course, the "you don't blindly follow so you must be Pats fan troll" card being pulled. Riiiiiiggghhhttt..... that's exactly what it is

Ah, of course, the "you don't blindly follow so you must be Pats fan troll" card being pulled. Riiiiiiggghhhttt..... that's exactly what it is
    What is a blind follower?

Are you a Jets fan, yes or no?

If you are, do you not follow the team? Do you not root for them? Or do did you lurk for 5 years, or whatever the made up BS story you gave, and decided to chime in back in 2010, because you are a huge fan? The two years they went to the AFCCG wasn't enough for you to post, eh?

So you knew, the moment Ryan made the statement in his very first press conference, he was in over his head? And the two AFCCG's? Then what?

ROFLMAO

You're full of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The past two seasons was a train wreck of a team, mostly due to injuries and roster turnover due to cap reasons. People forget that before last season, the lockout off-season, this team had 17 FA's, the WR position amongst others was completely wiped out, and the team was forced to make decisions like bringing in Burress fresh out of jail to rely on a revamped unit. Injuries killed the Jets on the OL all year, the team lost trust in Schottenheimer on offense, and the defense had its warts because of the middle of the field at the safety position and a banged up Bart Scott all year.

Last year was another train wreck of injuries, especially on offense, the team was forced to play street FA's at the WR position and young experienced players at TE, and the RB position was a MASH unit for most of the year behind Greene. Sparano was an epic disaster, and his offense along with those injuries scared no one. We lost our top two players on defense and offense in consecutive weeks early in the year to set the tone for a year that was bound to be a long season.

No, didn't see a team that was out coached, and I didn't see a team that lacked heart and quit playing, they kept playing, despite the inexperience, despite players long in tooth at the LB position, despite playing with a bunch of nobodies on offense and our QB having nothing around him to present a threat, and them seemingly losing confidence towards the end of a losing season, that wasn't getting any better.

Rex brings it every week, and the team, despite the holes as mentioned, the last two years, still brought it, and played for their coach, and still believed in their coach, BECAUSE of the style he plays and the emotion he brings to the locker room in a sport that is fueled by emotion.

Does Rex have his flaws, does need to be smarter? Sure, what head coach, after his first couple of years as a head coach doesn't have his warts, doesn't need to gain experience and learn from mistakes?

You and the rest of SOJF's just love to cry, screw the AFCCG's, the last two years is the better barometer, because you all know, you've considered all of these factors, the injuries, the roster turnover, and the age at key positions.

No, as I said, it's a bunch of SOJF crap, regurgitating the same TIRED mantra that you all bring to the board with your never ending doom and gloom, and know-it-all diatribes. There is never any balance, never any football IQ applied, the Jets just suck, because it's been 40+ years, and you know best, just because....

LOL dude, I give up, you're a bigger Jet fan than me, after all you must be if you're really willing to write an essay full of excuses for his favorite team. Have fun with your delusions, I just wish this board was around during the Kotite era so we could see the amount of yarns you'd spin for him. 14-18 the past 2 seasons and 1 win versus a winning team last season and getting thoroughly thrashed vs the rest of our quality opponents. What progress, what depth, what development!

LOL dude, I give up, you're a bigger Jet fan than me, after all you must be if you're really willing to write an essay full of excuses for his favorite team. Have fun with your delusions, I just wish this board was around during the Kotite era so we could see the amount of yarns you'd spin for him. 14-18 the past 2 seasons and 1 win versus a winning team last season and getting thoroughly thrashed vs the rest of our quality opponents. What progress, what depth, what development!
    Typical

When presented with actual football discourse, a little football IQ, SOJF folds like a cheap suit. It's a lot easier to just ***** and pretend you know it all.

And bub, I was around for the Kotite era, and then some, there is no spin, exposing SOJF's like yourself isn't all that hard.

Hall Of Fame
    Guise relax. Rex is starting over. He said so himself. It's Year 1 again.

What is a blind follower?

Are you a Jets fan, yes or no?

If you are, do you not follow the team? Do you not root for them? Or do did you lurk for 5 years, or whatever the made up BS story you gave, and decided to chime in back in 2010, because you are a huge fan? The two years they went to the AFCCG wasn't enough for you to post, eh?

So you knew, the moment Ryan made the statement in his very first press conference, he was in over his head? And the two AFCCG's? Then what?

ROFLMAO

You're full of it.
    First off go suck a d!ck with your "are you a fan or not" BS. Who the F are you to be demanding answers from anyone?

And what about the two AFCCGs? You realize he LOST those two games? 1 Doug Brien kick puts Herm in the AFCCG, does that all of a sudden elevate him to some vaunted status? That's the problem with fans like you. As long as every now and then you get to lick some scraps off the plate you couldn't be any happier. Some fans want A LOT more than mediocrity. Teams make their respective championship games all the time, but for some effing reason this is the only one (and their fanbase) that wants to hold back to back AFCCG LOSSES as some badge of honor.

Have fun with your mediocrity. A losing record is the best thing that could happen for this team and its fans. It cleans house at QB, HC, and realistic fans who can smell sh1t from a mile away won't have to deal with the likes of you who berate others who don't share your ideals during the offseason, but when the Jets don't back your dumb-a$$ assumptions up disappear by October.

Hall Of Fame

Has Rex Ryan lost his appeal?

pwnage

First off go suck a d!ck with your "are you a fan or not" BS. Who the F are you to be demanding answers from anyone?

And what about the two AFCCGs? You realize he LOST those two games? 1 Doug Brien kick puts Herm in the AFCCG, does that all of a sudden elevate him to some vaunted status? That's the problem with fans like you. As long as every now and then you get to lick some scraps off the plate you couldn't be any happier. Some fans want A LOT more than mediocrity. Teams make their respective championship games all the time, but for some effing reason this is the only one (and their fanbase) that wants to hold back to back AFCCG LOSSES as some badge of honor.

Have fun with your mediocrity. A losing record is the best thing that could happen for this team and its fans. It cleans house at QB, HC, and realistic fans who can smell sh1t from a mile away won't have to deal with the likes of you who berate others who don't share your ideals during the offseason, but when the Jets don't back your dumb-a$$ assumptions up disappear by October.
    Right, because that's what I'm supporting, mediocrity. That's what I want.

Disappear? I didn't hide and "lurk" for 5 years, come out and announce that I knew Ryan wasn't going to be a good head coach based on one bad or down year, only to come out and chime in after the first two years when the team did go to 2 AFCCG's.

You can cry all you want how they don't matter, but they do, and no other coach in Jets history has matched it, so suck on that.

Is Ryan the answer, can he deliver a bowl? That remains to be seen. He very well may not deliver, and I'm hardly suggesting everything is just peaches and cream with this team, and it's a bunch of crap to suggest I support mediocrity.

But to fire and clean house after one down year, with all that stacked up against him and his team as mentioned? Teams can't achieve by cleaning house every other year, because SOJF's are too damn impatient. No, only SOJF's can't think past their *******s, fire and clean house, forget the facts, forget the factors, it's easy to win in the NFL, you all know better, so slam away at that keyboard and tell us all how it is supposed to be done, you have all the answers, why this team waited 40 years when they should have hired YOU?

LOL

Last edited by Ray Ray19; 04-01-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

pwnage
    And then to make it worse, we have the wannabee SOJF's who want to belong, and are even more arrogant about it, and who don't know **** about the history of the team, not having lived through a second of it, just based on what they read in a newspaper or documentary, or what SOJF's vomit on a message board.

Right, because that's what I'm supporting, mediocrity. That's what I want.

Disappear? I didn't hide and "lurk" for 5 years, come out and announce that I knew Ryan wasn't going to be a good head coach based on one bad or down year, only to come out and chime in after the first two years when the team did go to 2 AFCCG's.

You can cry all you want how they don't matter, but they do, and no other coach in Jets history has matched it, so suck on that.

Is Ryan the answer, can he deliver a bowl? That remains to be seen. He very well may not deliver, and I'm hardly suggesting everything is just peaches and cream with this team, and it's a bunch of crap to suggest I support mediocrity.

But to fire and clean house after one down year, with all that stacked up against him and his team as mentioned?
    Teams can't achieve by cleaning house every other year, because SOJF's are too damn impatient. No, only SOJF's can't think past their *******s, fire and clean house, forget the facts, forget the factors, it's easy to win in the NFL, you all know better, so slam away at that keyboard and tell us all how it is supposed to be done, you have all the answers, why this team waited 40 years when they should have hired YOU?

LOL

You don't support mediocrity and yet you also don't see 8-8 as mediocre. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You don't support mediocrity and yet you also don't see 8-8 as mediocre. Interesting.
    Buzz off troll, if I wanted my posts taken out of context by a loser troll, I would have given you the Brady bat signal.

Hysterical how blind some fans are to frauds that the current JETS front office represents.

Watching SNY's Jets Nation and listening to knowledgeable media and former players like Ray Lucas speak about what a joke Rex and Woody are only reinforces my stance on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What reality are you talking about. A full-ride to one of these schools is worth like $250k. The athletes are getting enough. They make a choice what to do with their education.

As for the other parts of your post, they are just so baseless and rooted in vitriol that I can't even respond.
    Please, don't get me started on the price of tuition. Student debt is approaching $1 trillion. What these universities are doing is nothing short of criminal imo. Having said that, that is NOT what we were discussing. I never said anything about Puke's academics or other schools for that matter. We were discussing the Blue Devils.

One other point, Puke/NCAA (SJU included) makes billions (with a "B") off these student-athletes. That $250K free ride is pennies over a 4-year period. Spare me.

As for my point on Puke in the NCAA, you are entitled to your opinion. Most objective observers would agree with me.

Ray Ray,

As usual, you are spot on. Funny how some SOJFs are willing to agree with a rival troll and throw Rex under the bus. We all know if not for cheating and Tammy, Belicheat would've been giving us gameday analysis more than a decade ago on the westwood one radio network.

Rah Rah, those damn injuries did them in! How pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by McElroid View Post
    I never -- ever -- liked Rex Ryan. Too much bluster. And now we see that's all there was. Emperor has no clothes. Cheetos and snacks and cheeseburgers during the week and ra-ra-ra-ra and hotdogs on gameday. It might be a formula for fun times but not for winning. He must know the game or he couldn't have gotten where he got, but I'm kind of wondering if phrases like "game plan" ever grace the halls of their practice facility. Then you throw in their player development, player evaluation, game day adjustments, and whatever and it is a sad state of affairs. You know it's bad when you begin longing for Mangini, who in hindsight was just too much of trying to be someone else and too hard on the players. But I'll take it any day over this.
    Longing for Mangini?!

I guess you don't remember Mangini's Jets that went 4-12 in 2007? Is that what you are LONGING for?