Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the story with Braylon?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another guy we should of never let leave in the first place. Always had the best chance to win with Edwards Holmes and Cotchery

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    holmes and edwards are proven wrs. so far hill,white,gates,hilyard have not proved a damn thing in the nfl.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, those flyboys were lethal. So many things went wrong afterwards. Sanchez regressed, lack of legit weapons, the OC went mental, running game sucked.

Braylon really helped take the top of defences and Cotch, Tone softened it up even more.

Braylon back in green and white for cheap and mentoring Hill works for me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He's exactly where he should be now, after the draft and during the 2013 season: not on the Jets roster.

There's no need. This is a youth movement. There's no need for a diva WR who's way past his prime. If he isn't good enough for San Francisco or Seattle, he shouldn't be good enough for us.
    So if we sign a cheap, effective WR who has chemistry with our Qb that's abandoning the youth movement? Smell the coffee the Jets are already in the middle of a huge youth movement even if they signed Edwards to a 1 yr deal. We got rid of the old slow overpaid garbage like the Bart Scotts and Eric Smiths - at least Edwards is cheap and can still play.

I wonder if the anti-Braylon Edwards crowd likes this WR corps:

Santonio - might not even be ready for week 1 if he is even ever the same player

Kerley - decent slot receiver, nothing more

Hill - I'm actually the only JI poster who still likes him but he is still an unknown quantity

Cumby - highly overrated TE who is a backup at best

Yeah, drafting a rookie WR in the 1st who will need 3-4 years to develop while neglecting OLB, OG, QB etc will solve our problems.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yep, those flyboys were lethal. So many things went wrong afterwards. Sanchez regressed, lack of legit weapons, the OC went mental, running game sucked.

Braylon really helped take the top of defences and Cotch, Tone softened it up even more.

Braylon back in green and white for cheap and mentoring Hill works for me.
    Sanchez was horrible last year and gets all the blame but we had NOTHING at WR and TE. I don't understand why it's such a stupid idea to sign a cheap, effective veteran who showed us last season he could still play and has chemistry with Sanchez. Everyone who disagrees keeps pointing to BE doing nothing with Seattle - BE scored a td against the Pats while he was a Seahawk. Worst case scenario BE gives us depth where we had none.

Sometimes I think blogging has killed some people's ability to be objective about players. These guys have a negative opinion about a player prior to the draft then try to play the "I toljaso" Game the next 10 years.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sanchez was horrible last year and gets all the blame but we had NOTHING at WR and TE. I don't understand why it's such a stupid idea to sign a cheap, effective veteran who showed us last season he could still play and has chemistry with Sanchez. Everyone who disagrees keeps pointing to BE doing nothing with Seattle - BE scored a td against the Pats while he was a Seahawk. Worst case scenario BE gives us depth where we had none.

Sometimes I think blogging has killed some people's ability to be objective about players. These guys have a negative opinion about a player prior to the draft then try to play the "I toljaso" Game the next 10 years.
    +1

You get it my friend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

There is no rush to sign Braylon at this point. I think Idzik is waiting till after the draft to see if the need still exists to bring Braylon back. Holmes will hopefully be healthy next season, Hill should progress and Kerley is solid in the slot. If we draft a playmaking receiver such as Cordarrelle Patterson or Tavon Austin do we really need to bring Edwards back?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm awaiting the report from Vin in order to understand the true story about Braylon