Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the story with Braylon?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the story with Braylon?

Are we signing this guy or what? I liked what I saw from him at the end of the season and would like to see him sign on the cheap, the guy is still fairly young and might have some gas left in the tank even if he's lost some of his freakish athleticism. I'm having a hard time believing that the guy that was doing back flips at NE to end the 2010 season is done, sure he's been hurt but Seattle sat him all year... Is it drugs maybe? Who knows, all I know is that I want him back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt you hear anything regarding Braylon until after the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Are we signing this guy or what? I liked what I saw from him at the end of the season and would like to see him sign on the cheap, the guy is still fairly young and might have some gas left in the tank even if he's lost some of his freakish athleticism. I'm having a hard time believing that the guy that was doing back flips at NE to end the 2010 season is done, sure he's been hurt but Seattle sat him all year... Is it drugs maybe? Who knows, all I know is that I want him back.
    I liked the way he plays for our team he wants to be a Jet and I hope he is signed. He gave us a lift last year by showing his loyalty and desire. It's our turn now. It's obvious he has gas left in his tank and the price is right! Sign the man born to be a Jet!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This.
    For the record, I hope the Jets re-sign this beast. We need him to mentor Thrill Hill 2 th next level. Besides he showed flashes of his old self last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

No point signing him now, keep options open going into the draft. If we don't end up with any additional bodies at WR, then you consider him later.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the price is right, which it wasn't in 2011, then I think Braylon should be resigned.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If the price is right, which it wasn't in 2011, then I think Braylon should be resigned.
    hes a cheap insurance policy not knowing how hill will workout this season. sign braylon now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He hasn't played good in over 5 years. We could throw a rock into the stands and hit a better WR at this point in his career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He hasn't played good in over 5 years. We could throw a rock into the stands and hit a better WR at this point in his career.
    another astute observation!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one has been able to answer why the Jets keep retreading players they once had? Personally, I thought he was an ok WR. He has off-field issues though. If I was Woody, it would be all incentive pay, and that means keeping his nose clean or he`s fired ........ again and returns all money paid. Yes, I`m a douche.

Why can`t this current Jets regime cut ties from old players? It`s mind boggling to say the least. There aren`t any other players out there in this world who can play for the NY Jets? Aside from keeping him on the "real cheap", go out and find some players for ****`s sake.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    no one has been able to answer why the Jets keep retreading players they once had? Personally, I thought he was an ok WR. He has off-field issues though. If I was Woody, it would be all incentive pay, and that means keeping his nose clean or he`s fired ........ again and returns all money paid. Yes, I`m a douche.

Why can`t this current Jets regime cut ties from old players? It`s mind boggling to say the least. There aren`t any other players out there in this world who can play for the NY Jets? Aside from keeping him on the "real cheap", go out and find some players for ****`s sake.
    yes im sure there are few more david garrards or chaz schillens out there. some other teams scrubs and has beens we can sign instead.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Those 10 or so catches really were impressive....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Those 10 or so catches really were impressive....
    in 2 games with sanchez at qb thats pretty damn good!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    This.
    For the record, I hope the Jets re-sign this beast. We need him to mentor Thrill Hill 2 th next level. Besides he showed flashes of his old self last year.
    Exactly. Considering his rookie year drops and whatnot, wouldn't we all feel effin' great if Hill turned out to be as good an NFL receiver as Braylon in the long run?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Couldn't sum up Jets' fan thinking better. That ended the 2010 season? You realize there was another game to be played in Pittsburgh that ended quite badly? And that another team on top of them all actually won the Super Bowl?

Nahh, the Jets beat the Pats to end the season. Braylon did some backflips. The Jets fanbase rejoiced. Second biggest win in franchise history.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    in 2 games with sanchez at qb thats pretty damn good!
    Not so damn good when you play 3 games, as he did. He's sucked for years. Not good when you have to blame the QB. Unless of course it's Holmes. Then it on him, not the QB.

People are in love with a ghost.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not so damn good when you play 3 games, as he did. He's sucked for years. Not good when you have to blame the QB. Unless of course it's Holmes. Then it on him, not the QB.

People are in love with a ghost.
    the qb here sucks. its amazing any wrs had any catches here. i dont remember reading where any free agent wr wanted to play here, do you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    5 years?? He had 904 yds and & 7 tds in 2010 avg 17 ypc which is better then Cotchery did in the last 5 years..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    another astute observation!
    Exactly, another dreamland post...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    5 years?? He had 904 yds and & 7 tds in 2010 avg 17 ypc which is better then Cotchery did in the last 5 years..
    Average stats for an average WR. He was never anything more then that here. He was a huge disappointment to me when he came here. I thought he would be a viable #1 but never looked like it at all. He would have been a slot on most teams when he was here. Sense then he has declined greatly. I honestly don't get what some of you see in him. Nice guy OK but being a nice guy doesn't mean your a good WR. Move on and let younger guys with higher up sides have a shot. No more patch work WRs that dont do much to improve the team.