Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the story with Braylon?

Jets Insider VIP
    maybe the Banned missed it but the Jets cut ties so far this offseason with Scott, Smith, Pouha, Keller, Slaussen, Landry, Bell already and it's only April?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Average stats for an average WR. He was never anything more then that here. He was a huge disappointment to me when he came here. I thought he would be a viable #1 but never looked like it at all. He would have been a slot on most teams when he was here. Sense then he has declined greatly. I honestly don't get what some of you see in him. Nice guy OK but being a nice guy doesn't mean your a good WR. Move on and let younger guys with higher up sides have a shot. No more patch work WRs that dont do much to improve the team.
    I want young guys through the draft also but that doesn't mean you post crap.. Braylon played well especially in the playoffs..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I want young guys through the draft also but that doesn't mean you post crap.. Braylon played well especially in the playoffs..
    I simply disagree with that and that is my opinion. Never thought Edwards played well. Saw him dog out too many plays for me to even conciser him a good JET. I want guys with heart that want to play football. Not washed up guys that didn't give it their all in their prime. Sorry it is just my stance on BE.

All Pro
    Average stats for an average WR. He was never anything more then that here. He was a huge disappointment to me when he came here. I thought he would be a viable #1 but never looked like it at all. He would have been a slot on most teams when he was here. Sense then he has declined greatly. I honestly don't get what some of you see in him. Nice guy OK but being a nice guy doesn't mean your a good WR. Move on and let younger guys with higher up sides have a shot. No more patch work WRs that dont do much to improve the team.
    You have aptly named yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Not really I am not Tommy Dreamer just a fan.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    no one has been able to answer why the Jets keep retreading players they once had? Personally, I thought he was an ok WR. He has off-field issues though. If I was Woody, it would be all incentive pay, and that means keeping his nose clean or he`s fired ........ again and returns all money paid. Yes, I`m a douche.

Why can`t this current Jets regime cut ties from old players? It`s mind boggling to say the least. There aren`t any other players out there in this world who can play for the NY Jets? Aside from keeping him on the "real cheap", go out and find some players for ****`s sake.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    maybe the Banned missed it but the Jets cut ties so far this offseason with Scott, Smith, Pouha, Keller, Slaussen, Landry, Bell already and it's only April?
    No, I didn`t miss it. The problem with the Jets is, they`ll try to resign these exact same players 2 or 3 years down the road because they can`t find anyone else thats want to play for them. Thats what I`m saying. It`s retreading old players. Why? Maybe they can bring back Santana Moss, Mawae(if he still plays), Chrebet if he got his head on straight now. What about Cotchery? I see people here asking for Kerry Rhodes. LOL Cheese & friggin crackers Jets fans. Move on already and get NEW players. What the hell did Braylon Edwards do his second round here(let alone his first go)? I also see people saying the Jets should resign Abrascam again. I can`t roll on the floor laughing my ass off anymore. Next we`ll have fans saying they should bring back the old stadium. Oh wait, I already say that. Really now. Stop with all the old retreading of players and signing shiit players no one else wants. It`s becoming quite pathetic really and you STHs are paying a good chunk of cash for this crap. When do you say it`s enough? In 26 more years? Hopefully this new GM doesn`t take any shiit from Woody or those who persaude in getting old players here. This franchise has sucked for 44 years now. 44. Thats more than half your life and almost all of mine.

Can Idzik just sign Edwards to a one year incentive laden deal already? He looked good after we signed him last season obviously he has something left in the tank even if it's just 1 season. If we bring him back along with Kerley and Hill who I think is going to make a big leap next year we can have a decent WR corps.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Can Idzik just sign Edwards to a one year incentive laden deal already? He looked good after we signed him last season obviously he has something left in the tank even if it's just 1 season. If we bring him back along with Kerley and Hill who I think is going to make a big leap next year we can have a decent WR corps.
    Why the urgency? Is there a game on Sunday?

Signing someone so we can say we signed someone is how the current mess gets perpetuated. People aren't exactly queuing up to sign Bray to a deal elsewhere. He'll be an option after the draft, IF we still feel we need him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    no one has been able to answer why the Jets keep retreading players they once had?
    Why can`t this current Jets regime cut ties from old players?
    Exactly how many players on their current roster are retreads they once had? If you have a complaint, at least know what you are talking about. Other than Donald Strickland who is no longer here, I don't know of any other player besides Braylon that they brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Why the urgency? Is there a game on Sunday?

Signing someone so we can say we signed someone is how the current mess gets perpetuated. People aren't exactly queuing up to sign Bray to a deal elsewhere. He'll be an option after the draft, IF we still feel we need him.
    Ok so then why sign anyone before the draft? Braylon Edwards is cheap and still looked serviceable when he played for the Jets last season.

All Pro
    Ok so then why sign anyone before the draft? Braylon Edwards is cheap and still looked serviceable when he played for the Jets last season.
    You sign the guys you want to build around, and who you know will get offers elsewhere. What you don't do is sign every "serviceable" guy, and then end up replacing them in the draft anyway.

As things stand we have our #1 to #3 WR spots filled ... Bray would be at best a #4. You don't have to fill those sort of spots up before the draft.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Lol...garbage dump material at it's best.

Hall Of Fame
    You do realize that some free agents are in more demand than others right?

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Lol...garbage dump material at it's best.
    Yes I agree Braylon is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yep, he posts inspired by opiates

He's exactly where he should be now, after the draft and during the 2013 season: not on the Jets roster.

There's no need. This is a youth movement. There's no need for a diva WR who's way past his prime. If he isn't good enough for San Francisco or Seattle, he shouldn't be good enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He's exactly where he should be now, after the draft and during the 2013 season: not on the Jets roster.

There's no need. This is a youth movement. There's no need for a diva WR who's way past his prime. If he isn't good enough for San Francisco or Seattle, he shouldn't be good enough for us.
    youth movement? hill was a 1 game wonder and spent the rest of the season injured. jordan white? clyde gates? marty gilyard? child please build the team around holmes and braylon when the rookies are ready they will step up and catch the damn ball until then we have nothing.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Not fair, or accurate. He was productive here and in CLeveland before injuries apparently have made him a below average WR. If he was healthy, I would think he could produce...

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not fair, or accurate. He was productive here and in CLeveland before injuries apparently have made him a below average WR. If he was healthy, I would think he could produce...
    a healthy braylon edwards out performs any rookie and then the draft picks look like busts. see the point.