Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: How hard can this be

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,259

    How hard can this be

    So my wife goes back to work in 5 minutes and I'm taking care of teh baby solo the next two days.

    She keeps telling me that I've been lucky because I've been going to work since the baby was born (3+ months ago). I disagree. I'd much rather stay at home with my peanut as opposed to dealing with all the mooks in the office.

    So what is an acceptable amount of cocaine to do whilst watching an infant anyway? No much guidance online. Thanks Obama!

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,556
    If you're accidentally bumping baby powder, you're doing too much. Otherwise, God bless.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    The answer to your question really depends on whether or not your kid has been breast feeding.

    If so, I recommend you do not attempt after cocaine

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,650
    I never found it all that difficult to watch kids. Both of mine were many years apart so I can't speak for more than one kid. But when my youngest was about 9 months, my wife's family was taking a trip to Ireland. She didn't want to go but I knew she would regret it. So I was home with him for a week. No problems at all.

    Now if your baby is a crying pain in the ass, who needs to be held all the time because of separation anxiety because Mommy is gone, well... good luck to you.

    I love kids but I have to admit, I like going to work each day and would not want to work at home. For me, it would be way too distracting. But I work very close to home and can literally stop by any time I want.

    I think you will be fine... especially for just 2 days

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,222
    Depends on the kid. Some are a joy to watch and some are a nightmare. I had to watch my nephew overnight once when he was about 5 months old. Luckily the kid was sound as a bell and everything went fine.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,418
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    So my wife goes back to work in 5 minutes and I'm taking care of teh baby solo the next two days.

    She keeps telling me that I've been lucky because I've been going to work since the baby was born (3+ months ago). I disagree. I'd much rather stay at home with my peanut as opposed to dealing with all the mooks in the office.

    So what is an acceptable amount of cocaine to do whilst watching an infant anyway? No much guidance online. Thanks Obama!
    Remember - its perfectly acceptable to bring your kid to a bar. Especially now that there is no smoking there. At this age, he is still probably sleeping for hours on end. Nothing wrong with wheelin' him over to the Pub for a few pints. The fact that women do it all the time with Chardonnay at some foofey lunch place isn't any different. But be a man about it - park yerself on a stool with the baby next to you and have Seamus pour you a few frosty ones.

    Pretty soon they'll be squirming all over the place and won't be content just sleeping in a stoller.

  7. #7
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,341
    Lock up the AJAX

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    11,072
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Remember - its perfectly acceptable to bring your kid to a bar. Especially now that there is no smoking there. At this age, he is still probably sleeping for hours on end. Nothing wrong with wheelin' him over to the Pub for a few pints. The fact that women do it all the time with Chardonnay at some foofey lunch place isn't any different. But be a man about it - park yerself on a stool with the baby next to you and have Seamus pour you a few frosty ones.

    Pretty soon they'll be squirming all over the place and won't be content just sleeping in a stoller.
    Right. And why not throw some horses in the mix. Take the kid out to see some ponys at aqueduct and bet a few trifectas, there's even changing stations in the bathrooms. Stop by the casino for a few bells n whistles the child will be sure to enjoy. I knew how to place a trifecta bet at the age of 5 nothing wrong with me. If you're going out drinking with a infant no better place then the track.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,259
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Remember - its perfectly acceptable to bring your kid to a bar. Especially now that there is no smoking there. At this age, he is still probably sleeping for hours on end. Nothing wrong with wheelin' him over to the Pub for a few pints. The fact that women do it all the time with Chardonnay at some foofey lunch place isn't any different. But be a man about it - park yerself on a stool with the baby next to you and have Seamus pour you a few frosty ones.

    Pretty soon they'll be squirming all over the place and won't be content just sleeping in a stoller.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Right. And why not throw some horses in the mix. Take the kid out to see some ponys at aqueduct and bet a few trifectas, there's even changing stations in the bathrooms. Stop by the casino for a few bells n whistles the child will be sure to enjoy. I knew how to place a trifecta bet at the age of 5 nothing wrong with me. If you're going out drinking with a infant no better place then the track.

    Will one of you guys be my sponsor?

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,418
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Will one of you guys be my sponsor?
    Let me guess - you've watched Rachel Ray AND Ellen and you're afraid to take the kid outta the house, right?

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,285
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I never found it all that difficult to watch kids. Both of mine were many years apart so I can't speak for more than one kid. But when my youngest was about 9 months, my wife's family was taking a trip to Ireland. She didn't want to go but I knew she would regret it. So I was home with him for a week. No problems at all.

    Now if your baby is a crying pain in the ass, who needs to be held all the time because of separation anxiety because Mommy is gone, well... good luck to you.

    I love kids but I have to admit, I like going to work each day and would not want to work at home. For me, it would be way too distracting. But I work very close to home and can literally stop by any time I want.

    I think you will be fine... especially for just 2 days
    I agree with you - I never found taking care of babies (my own, at least) difficult. When my youngest was 1 week old, my wife's father in Ireland passed away. She was gone for 5 days. It was a piece of cake taking care of a 2 week old. No long periods of sleep, but no big deal.

    Two days for a 3 month old is a walk in the park.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us