Thread: More crazy than Balotelli

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

More crazy than Balotelli

Man, Suarez really stepped up his insanity this week. It's beyond bizarre that he would do the biting thing AGAIN. Seriously.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phenomenal player - watched a lot (obviously) of him the last few seasons and he has unbelievable talent, but he DEFINITELY has little man syndrome. Sometimes its like watching a 4 year old in a man's body with the talent of a Picasso. Apparently at age 15 he head-butted a referee - leading to one of my favourite quotes in reference to a Liverpool player: “The referee had a broken nose and was bleeding like a cow”.

Think he and Mario are different in that with Suarez he just seems to have white-line fever - Mario is that bat-**** crazy 24/7.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a nutcase. I wish Newcastle fans would have punched this horse face instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suspension has been announced... 10 match ban.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Suspension has been announced... 10 match ban.
    I'm curious if he moves to another league, will they honor the ban? Didn't some league do this before.

10 seems slightly harsh, but when you consider that he ... BIT another player, 25% of a season seems right (though it is over two seasons). I'm guessing that because it was so close to the end of this season, that they wanted to have a sizable suspension for next season as well.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm curious if he moves to another league, will they honor the ban? Didn't some league do this before.

10 seems slightly harsh, but when you consider that he ... BIT another player, 25% of a season seems right (though it is over two seasons). I'm guessing that because it was so close to the end of this season, that they wanted to have a sizable suspension for next season as well.
    No they won't. Not the new leagues jurisdiction so the ban doesn't count as it is a national body and not UEFA/FIFA. Suarez is still serving a 7 game ban for biting someone in the dutch league, think there are 4 games left to serve if he ever goes back to Holland.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO the ban is fair and just. I wouldn't have even been surprised if it was a bit more. Taking into account that he's bit a player before and his racism ban a couple years ago, I think 10 matches is justified.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    IMO the ban is fair and just. I wouldn't have even been surprised if it was a bit more. Taking into account that he's bit a player before and his racism ban a couple years ago, I think 10 matches is justified.
    Should his previous bite to be taken into account? If someone gets suspended in Arena football, should that account into he punishment if he gets suspended for the same thing in the NFL?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should his previous bite to be taken into account? If someone gets suspended in Arena football, should that account into he punishment if he gets suspended for the same thing in the NFL?
    Good point, didn't look at it like that.

However, I think the 8 match ban as the first offense for his racism incident still justifies the bump to 10 matches for this incident. I imagine they used the 7 match ban as a measuring stick and considering this was his second offense in the EPL, felt the 2 match increase was fair.