Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (unofficial) Yankees vs. Redsox Gameday Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    looks like number 2 on the way on the road to a Perfect Pinstriper 0-162 season

[QUOTE=j3ts83;4850563]Tucker's right.. I'm just going to be a front runner for the rest of the year and root for the Mets. I doubt the Skanks even win a game!!! I'm going to help him find that Steinbrenner article first thing tomorrow..[/QUOT

Would appreciate it greatly. It does exist.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Tebow Christ this team sucks

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    looks like number 2 on the way on the road to a Perfect Pinstriper 0-162 season
    Ah, the short memories around this place. Rosie cheeked Metties bumble-farging into Yank threads with a few "W"'s under their belt to beat their chests.

Then....silence....as it all falls apart.

It really is a JI tradition.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Ah, the short memories around this place. Rosie cheeked Metties bumble-farging into Yank threads with a few "W"'s under their belt to beat their chests.

Then....silence....as it all falls apart.

It really is a JI tradition.

-

as u know 32, I don't troll Yankee threads...but this year feels alot different from slow Yankee starts from the past. Kuroda may now miss a start? Black cloud hanging over the Bronx this year, while the young upstarts from Queens are playing inspired, gritty baseball that is taking over the NY baseball landscape!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    Tucker's right.. I'm just going to be a front runner for the rest of the year and root for the Mets. I doubt the Skanks even win a game!!! I'm going to help him find that Steinbrenner article first thing tomorrow..
    I will admit that the 80's were fun, with Steinbrenner's jealousy of the Mets. But that is an era long gone

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    as u know 32, I don't troll Yankee threads...but this year feels alot different from slow Yankee starts from the past. Kuroda may now miss a start? Black cloud hanging over the Bronx this year, while the young upstarts from Queens are playing inspired, gritty baseball that is taking over the NY baseball landscape!
    Yes we know the Mets are the Kings of Spring every year...
    Last edited by LSJF; 04-04-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Yankee fans obsession with all things Mets continues. It is a JI tradition.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

while the young upstarts from Queens are playing inspired, gritty baseball that is taking over the NY baseball landscape!
    This is word from word from last years posts, isnt it? Srsly, go back, you will get chills. Same Yanks suck, look at us blather.

I'm genuinely happy the Mets are playing well, and I really enjoyed watching them at the beginning of last season.

Two wins against the mighty Padres are certainly indicative of a banner season, as we all know.

The Yanks have some issues to be sure, but for the life of me, I dont know what that has to do with the Mets?

-

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is word from word from last years posts, isnt it? Srsly, go back, you will get chills. Same Yanks suck, look at us blather.

I'm genuinely happy the Mets are playing well, and I really enjoyed watching them at the beginning of last season.

Two wins against the mighty Padres are certainly indicative of a banner season, as we all know.

The Yanks have some issues to be sure, but for the life of me, I dont know what that has to do with the Mets?

-
    Kinda like you walking in on a mets conversation and saying "the Mets let Dickey go". It is poking a stick at an animal in the cage. Mets fans do it. Yankee fans do it. You do it. Just don't take the holier than thou approach when your hand gets caught in the cookie jar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    Kinda like you walking in on a mets conversation and saying "the Mets let Dickey go". It is poking a stick at an animal in the cage. Mets fans do it. Yankee fans do it. You do it. Just don't take the holier than thou approach when your hand gets caught in the cookie jar
    32 def takes the "i'm above the fray" line of thinking until someone tweeks Arod

i'll say it again this year is different- this Yankee team is DONE. Put a fork in em...not coming from a Yankee-hater stance, but an impartial fan of the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I dont know, I think we've calmed some of the nastiness here in the BB forum, no? I've gone after the over the top Yankee fans too, I think even Tucker can attest to that.

32 def takes the "i'm above the fray" line of thinking until someone tweeks Arod
    Ha ha...I'm no fan of Arod...dont know what you have been reading.

Carry on!

-

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I dont know, I think we've calmed some of the nastiness here in the BB forum, no? I've gone after the over the top Yankee fans too, I think even Tucker can attest to that.

Carry on!

-
    You are a great guy and a site attribute, I have no doubt. But don't say that you don't like to tweak with the best of them.

Carry on!

-

afew years ago when Texas ousted the Yanks in the playoffs- Arod struck out to end the series & I noted the irony...well 32, you started coming after me with fire & brimstone- & I love ya bro!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

You are a great guy and a site attribute, I have no doubt. But don't say that you don't like to tweak with the best of them.
    I'm more of a tweak backer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

afew years ago when Texas ousted the Yanks in the playoffs- Arod struck out to end the series & I noted the irony...well 32, you started coming after me with fire & brimstone- & I love ya bro!
    Dont remember, but it probably was more of a Tucker smack down than a Arod defense.

Talking

Dont remember, but it probably was more of a Tucker smack down than a Arod defense.

prolly right........

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Tebow Christ this team sucks
    I pray to all the gods that you are right but we are only 2 games in to the season and Iím positive the Yankees will make the playoffs. Again.

Jets Insider VIP

-
    Spot on. This forum has made major improvement. We've lost some of the bigger haters, and kudos to Tucker, who has become an enjoyable poster as of late.

Tweaking one way or the other is absolutely in bounds and should be expected. It's just ridiculous though when we get the absurd claims and vitriol that pops up once in a while.

Glad we've made progress, I hope it continues. Maybe Ernie will fade off into the sunset (good thought to you , Bro).

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Spot on. This forum has made major improvement. We've lost some of the bigger haters, and kudos to Tucker, who has become an enjoyable poster as of late.

Tweaking one way or the other is absolutely in bounds and should be expected. It's just ridiculous though when we get the absurd claims and vitriol that pops up once in a while.

Glad we've made progress, I hope it continues. Maybe Ernie will fade off into the sunset (good thought to you , Bro).

DONE with vitriol....simple truth is life's too short. I love my Jets/Mets/Islanders and enjoy rooting against their rivals, but hate's takin a backseat..