Vernon Wells LF
    Ben Francisco DH
    Ichiro Suzuki RF
    Jayson Nix 3B
    Francisco Cervelli C

LHP CC Sabathia

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Yanks lose again tomorrow the panic will start. CC needs to do a better job. The pitching needs to carry this team until some of the guys come back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If the Yanks lose again tomorrow the panic will start.
    That would make whomever is panicking a ****ing idiot...

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Yanks lose again tomorrow the panic will start. CC needs to do a better job. The pitching needs to carry this team until some of the guys come back.
    I'd panic too, considering they're not playing tomorrow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would not panic over this loss. I would panic over this roster and its lack of young talent.
    The Yankees flat out suck. Their top 3 pitchers are 33, 38, and 41 years of age. Their closer is 43 and their star shortstop is 39. Their best "young"player will be turning 31

To make it worse, their farm system is pretty barren.

We are looking at the start of another dark period in Yankee history. 1989 all over.
    Last edited by kennyo7; 04-01-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    I'd panic too, considering they're not playing tomorrow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the game, they do suck, or at least they did today...pathetic ...hope they get healthy soon...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I would not panic over this loss. I would panic over this roster and its lack of young talent.
    The Yankees flat out suck. Their top 3 pitchers are 33, 38, and 41 years of age. Their closer is 43 and their star shortstop is 39. Their best "young"player will be turning 31

To make it worse, their farm system is pretty barren.

We are looking at the start of another dark period in Yankee history. 1989 all over.
    Cashman is a friggin idiot obsessed with putting together a fantasy baseball team. Trades away good young prospects like Jackson and Montero and in return we get a fantasy player like Curtis Granderson who abuses bad pitching in the regular season and can't hit in the playoffs and a pitcher whose arm fell off. Vernon Wells is the typical overpriced big-name Cashman loves. Jayson Nix and Ben Francisco are playing 3rd and DH? What am I missing here those guys blow.

I think the Yankees will still make the playoffs this year but Cashman has to go. He can't evaluate pitching and he is way too eager to give away prospects.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Cashman is a friggin idiot obsessed with putting together a fantasy baseball team. Trades away good young prospects like Jackson and Montero and in return we get a fantasy player like Curtis Granderson who abuses bad pitching in the regular season and can't hit in the playoffs and a pitcher whose arm fell off. Vernon Wells is the typical overpriced big-name Cashman loves. Jayson Nix and Ben Francisco are playing 3rd and DH? What am I missing here those guys blow.

I think the Yankees will still make the playoffs this year but Cashman has to go. He can't evaluate pitching and he is way too eager to give away prospects.

This is why baseball fans hate Yankee fans

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Preach on brudda. I'm gonna enjoy watching your Mets tank yet again after having another fast start.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quiet a broad statement, no?

Didnt the Mets win yesterday.... or something>

-

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    Yes they did, in convincing fashion. Sorry about your 50th Birthday present being such a letdown.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    You are right.

The poster is probably 18 years old and doesn't know any better and I am an old fart and should know better and just let it roll off my back... but...

My point was the Yankees are one of the eight best teams in MLB 15 (20?)years in a row. But that isn't good enough for some of your fan base. They want the GM fired if they don't win the championship every season.

With that attitude why not just watch James Bond movies all the time, he never loses?
    That's fun, right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    You are right.

The poster is probably 18 years old and doesn't know any better and I am an old fart and should know better and just let it roll off my back... but...

My point was the Yankees are one of the eight best teams in MLB 15 (20?)years in a row. But that isn't good enough for some of your fan base. They want the GM fired if they don't win the championship every season.

With that attitude why not just watch James Bond movies all the time, he never loses?
    That's fun, right?

So Yankee fans have surrendered all rights to speculate on team moves, direction, management etc....because of their relative success?

Thats half the fun of fandom, being knowledgeable about personnel, who is out there, who is tradable....Personally, I feel there is alot wrong with the Yankee machine and Cashman is a cog in it, open to the same scrutiny.

But ya know, we'd hate to see Met fans not like us.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are right.

That's fun, right?
    Not at all. I want him fired because of all the bonehead moves he is making and allowing the farm system to crumble. Ive been a fan since 1977. What I am seeing with Cashman and the Yanks is the same mistakes made by the Yanks in the 1980s. They allowed the team to get old and tried to replace players by overpaying for mediocre FAa and trading youth for washed up players way past their prime.

Im willing to go through growing pains and lean years with young players. Im not willing to suck with old has beens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't stand Cashman. How many every day players have been developed by the Yankees farm system under his watch? How many good trades has he made? The team is old, there is little help on the way, and he traded his one blue chip prospect for a pitcher who had 1/2 a good season and has not pitched for the big club yet.

The Granderson trade was OK, gave up a fair amount, but got some back. The rotation is ancient, and the team is stale and old. He has done very little in the last 5 years to improve the club.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to panic!!!!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to panic!!!!
    Tucker's right.. I'm just going to be a front runner for the rest of the year and root for the Mets. I doubt the Skanks even win a game!!! I'm going to help him find that Steinbrenner article first thing tomorrow..