Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flynn traded to OAK, Palmer on his way to Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Don't you people see that there's something telling when literally everyone ahead of his doing whatever it can to address their QB situation before the draft... The Jets could be the goat here at 9 if they take Geno.
    I agree, but they're also the goat if they pass on Geno at 9 despite having what's currently the worst QB situation in the NFL, only to see him pull a Russell Wilson for another team.

I don't envy Idzik if Geno is on the board at 9. Tough spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Don't you people see that there's something telling when literally everyone ahead of his doing whatever it can to address their QB situation before the draft... The Jets could be the goat here at 9 if they take Geno.
    20+ teams passed on Aaron Rodgers

And I bet all of them feel pretty goddamn stupid for doing so right about now.

I feel comfortable taking Geno at #9 not only because I think he'll be a rock solid QB for a number of years, but also because I feel pretty confident in who we have running the offense for the first time in years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I agree, but they're also the goat if they pass on Geno at 9 despite having what's currently the worst QB situation in the NFL, only to see him pull a Russell Wilson for another team.

Jacksonville is taking him at 2. Thats why teams drafting behind them are planning accordingly. I could see some of those teams taking a QB in the second, but they are not going to reach on Barkley, Glennon or Nassib in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jacksonville is taking him at 2. Thats why teams drafting behind them are planning accordingly. I could see some of those teams taking a QB in the second, but they are not going to reach on Barkley, Glennon or Nassib in the top 10.
    Recent comments from Jacksonville's GM after Geno's pro day indicate this is true. Guess we'll see. Part of me hopes that's the case.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    20+ teams passed on Aaron Rodgers

And I bet all of them feel pretty goddamn stupid for doing so right about now.

I feel comfortable taking Geno at #9 not only because I think he'll be a rock solid QB for a number of years, but also because I feel pretty confident in who we have running the offense for the first time in years.
    you can't use the one exception. Quinn, Clausen and boat load of others say hi.

You don't know he'll be rock solid. the more i look into this guy, the more i don't think he's the right move at #9. It's a "well i guess we have to" kind of Gholston move....

I like Geno, but I don't like him @9

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

If the Jets think Geno is a 1st round QB - meaning worth ANY pick in round 1 then they should take him at 9. Jet's may be the goat but godam you need a QB and you have to keep trying to get one because literally you can not win without one.

Some studly mystery QB is not going to just show up - the Jets have to do what they did with Sanchez which was go for it. I applaud the effort they made in aggressively getting Sanchez when they thought he was the guy. It didn't work out but nobody knew that at the time and they looked very smart just 2 seasons ago in getting him.

This team needs a QB, if you can draft the best one coming out this year then do it. Go old school and let Sanchez/Gerrard start this year and let Geno sit for most of the season so he develops....but anyone saying no, no, don't take a QB high needs to give me a better option - you take a less talented QB in the 2nd round.....no. not when talking about a QB. You take the best guy you possibly can.

i happen to agree. and i doubt anyone else who wants gino would give kc what it asks for to get him.

i think it will be interesting to see which teams make a move to trade back into the first to get qbs.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Arizona aka Kiss of death for Carson Palmer.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i happen to agree. and i doubt anyone else who wants gino would give kc what it asks for to get him.

i think it will be interesting to see which teams make a move to trade back into the first to get qbs.
    I dont think Arizona will at this point, they will ride with Palmer for a year or so and re-evaluate after that, nor do I think Oakland will, they will probably wait and see what happens next year. Plus Oakland doesnt have many picks this year so I doubt they use any to move up in the draft. It could come down to Buffalo and the Jets.

I dont think Arizona will at this point, they will ride with Palmer for a year or so and re-evaluate after that, nor do I think Oakland will, they will probably wait and see what happens next year. Plus Oakland doesnt have many picks this year so I doubt they use any to move up in the draft. It could come down to Buffalo and the Jets.
    i'm beginning to wonder if idzik really wants tampa's pick this year so he can trade back and get nassib in the first.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'm beginning to wonder if idzik really wants tampa's pick this year so he can trade back and get nassib in the first.
    It will really come down to how the Jets feel about Nassib and whether they think if Buffalo is seriously interested. I personally wouldnt trade back or up in the first to take Nassib. Let the draft fall to you and see who is there in the second.

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Oak trades 5th R pick in '14 for Flynn, a possible starter. A year ago, #Jets traded 4th Rnder for Tebow to be a No. 2 (a No. 3 in the end).

Sad, but true.

I agree,this makes sense.

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy
    So Carson Palmer will be out of Oakland before the Bengals use that other draft pick they got for him from the Raiders

LOL...what a sh*t show of a franchise. People want to complain about the Jets? Look at that mess in Oakland...LOL.
    The new Raider regime have a plan and are clearing alot of cap space for 2014 and beyond. This team will be built through the draft and according to Ron Wolf Reggie Mckenzie is as good a talent evaluator as he has every seen. IF Reggie MCkenzie drafts as Well this Raider team will be back in short amount of time.

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy
    So Carson Palmer will be out of Oakland before the Bengals use that other draft pick they got for him from the Raiders

LOL...what a sh*t show of a franchise. People want to complain about the Jets? Look at that mess in Oakland...LOL.
    Lets not forget that trade was done by Hue Jackson. McKenzie is trying to clean up all the crap that preceded him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Lets not forget that trade was done by Hue Jackson. McKenzie is trying to clean up all the crap that preceded him.
    Yea, I realize that, but they are basically an expansion team at this point, just without all the extra draft picks that were afforded to the expansion teams. That Palmer trade will go down as one of the worst in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    two picks for Flynn is almost as bad as two picks for Teblow

but no deal could be as f-ing stupid as that one
    No this year pick will be recoup with the trade for c Palmer. Raiders give up a late round pick in 2014. No Big deal Raiders will have so many compensation picks in 2014 that they can afford to lose a late draft choice.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    No this year pick will be recoup with the trade for c Palmer. Raiders give up a late round pick in 2014. No Big deal Raiders will have so many compensation picks in 2014 that they can afford to lose a late draft choice.
    What free agents did the Raiders lose that will qualify for comp picks?

Yea, I realize that, but they are basically an expansion team at this point, just without all the extra draft picks that were afforded to the expansion teams. That Palmer trade will go down as one of the worst in the last 20 years.
    No they aren't that bad. The offense can be quite good this year and could surprise if T Pryor can improve on certain throws he had trouble last year making .(that is a long shot but where he definitely can improve the team is in the red zone where they struggled big time. He a major weapon down there and does have nice touch in that part of the field..

The defense will be much improved from last year . That isn't saying much as the defense can only go up. Their LB corp is much better and deeper than last year unit .(right now) The other two ares(Dline anjd secondary still has a lot of work to be done.

This defense will look a lot different after the draft. Where the Raiders are really going to rake in is the UDFA . They will be hotspot for UDFA as those players see a good chance to maybe start and possible make a NFl roster. IF Reggie MCkenzie is as astute talent evaluator as wolf says he is, than they can find some very good players there.
    Raiders are at least a year away I say they are a 6-8 win team in 2013 . Everything they are doing now is to position themself for 2014 and beyond.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    No they aren't that bad. The offense can be quite good this year and could surprise if T Pryor can improve on certain throws he had trouble last year making .(that is a long shot but where he definitely can improve the team is in the red zone where they struggled big time. He a major weapon down there and does have nice touch in that part of the field..

The defense will be much improved from last year . That isn't saying much as the defense can only go up. Their LB corp is much better and deeper than last year unit .(right now) The other two ares(Dline anjd secondary still has a lot of work to be done.

This defense will look a lot different after the draft. Where the Raiders are really going to rake in is the UDFA . They will be hotspot for UDFA as those players see a good chance to maybe start and possible make a NFl roster. IF Reggie MCkenzie is as astute talent evaluator as wolf says he is, than they can find some very good players there.
    Raiders are at least a year away I say they are a 6-8 win team in 2013 . Everything they are doing now is to position themself for 2014 and beyond.

Where are the many comp picks that you talk about in 2014 coming from??