Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flynn traded to OAK, Palmer on his way to Arizona

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its April when Raider91011 arrives every season to predict great things for his Raidaz followed by his disappearance late September when they fall into the division toilet. .

Like the swallows returning to Capistrano

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Its April when Raider91011 arrives every season to predict great things for his Raidaz followed by his disappearance late September when they fall into the division toilet. .

LOL. Couldn't happen to a better franchise. Watching their annual implosion is heart warming for all us Jet fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What free agents did the Raiders lose that will qualify for comp picks?
    philip Wheeler - dolphins paid him alot , Desmond Bryant - Browns paid him alot, Those two they are defintely getting picks. Some of these other freeagents might b e cancel out by who raiders signed. Mike Goodson, Shane Lechler, Matt Shaughnessy , Brandon Myers and Mike Mitchell . FA Raiders that they cut that don't count. ( M Huff, DHB, Tom Kelly)

Definitely getting two and a chance of getting three 9 If someone signs Seymour down the road). i can see then moving a jankowski to the browns this year who a FA in 2014. They aren't going to re-sign him .

Not as many Compensation picks as I thought off my head. (but Reggie going to be moving around this draft alot for extra picks) Where he going to make a killing in UDFa market. Like Last year Marquette King- starting Punter Wr Rod streater- starting WR , Guard Lucas Nix possible starting guard.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-01-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not predicting great things in 2013 but they are still going to beat the Jets again this year. ( AM PREDICTING THAT ONE) The question is by how much and how many yards will Mcfadden get on Rex Ryan defense this time. Lets see what the team looks like after the draft and UDFA. (give more accurate opinion)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I'm not predicting great things in 2013 but they are still going to beat the Jets again this year. ( AM PREDICTING THAT ONE) The question is by how much and how many yards will Mcfadden get on Rex Ryan defense this time. Lets see what the team looks like after the draft and UDFA. (give more accurate opinion)
    LOL...what does it matter? You are just going to over value EVERY draft pick and UDFA like you always do, and tell us that they are all going to be Pro Bowlers and that the Raiders will win 12 games in 2014. We have seen this movie before from you.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we that smart?

Jacksonville, Raiders, Cards, Bills all pass on Geno Smith in favor castaway QB options. Thats not a ringing endorsement of his skills. If I'm the Jets I'm passing as well.

If we really want him, trade down to the 28-32 range and pick him before these teams get another chance in round 2. The standard trade value chart would net us a 2nd rounder for that move. I doubt we would get full value but a high 3rd would suffice

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    now that I think about it, the Jets QB situation, while bad, could be worse...

At least we have D Garrard who could be a starter.... Think if we were betting the ranch on the likes of M Flynn and T Pryor as the Raidaz are

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

At least we have D Garrard who could be a starter.... Think if we were betting the ranch on the likes of M Flynn and T Pryor as the Raidaz are
    hes 35 years old with a bad back hasnt taken a snap in 2 years. he reminds me of mark brunell. its time for a change. tebow or mcelroy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...what does it matter? You are just going to over value EVERY draft pick and UDFA like you always do, and tell us that they are all going to be Pro Bowlers and that the Raiders will win 12 games in 2014. We have seen this movie before from you.
    I hate the matt Flynn trade. ( personally I rather go with T Pryor) For some reason R Gannon really like the trade and matt Flynn. R gannon has usually been spot on with qbs - especially the Fa ones. He was telling everyone and the raiders how much they should go after Drew Brees when he was a FA from the Chargers. They didn't listen and have to be kicking them self every day for not following that advice. I think R gannon going to be wrong on this one but thought the same when he wanted Brees.

Too early to make predictions till we see what Reggie MCkenzie does the next two years in FA and the drafts. Raiders do have a lot of money to pay with in 2014. Who knows you might be predicting that yourself for the raiders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CIL View Post
    Jacksonville, Raiders, Cards, Bills all pass on Geno Smith in favor castaway QB options. Thats not a ringing endorsement of his skills. If I'm the Jets I'm passing as well.

If we really want him, trade down to the 28-32 range and pick him before these teams get another chance in round 2. The standard trade value chart would net us a 2nd rounder for that move. I doubt we would get full value but a high 3rd would suffice
    Did I miss the draft I thought it was April 25. How do you know any of those teams still aren't going to draft Geno Smith. For all we know the guy they traded for or signed, is going to be the backup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time D Garrard has started in the NFl. Maybe Boomer Esiason can come out of retirement and start for the Jets. ( since you like hasbeens)

At least SG3 you come to the conclusion that mark Sanchez isn't the answer. That a start for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are worse things we can do than take Geno Smith at #9 IMO. Quite honestly, it doesn't matter whether you took a guy at #2 or at #20, he will either become your starting QB or he won't. If you need a QB and you think Smith could be a solid starter then you take him. Nobody looks back at a guy and says, "you know, he's a great QB, but we shouldn't have taken him at #4, we probably should have traded back to #15!"

Let's just see who is there at #9. If there's a stud passrusher who addresses an OLB need, then maybe that's how the Jets should go. But if everyone left on the board at #9 has some question marks and there's no "can't miss" guy, then why not take a potentially excellent starting QB who also has a question mark or two?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets by 38...AGAIN (am predicting that one)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Jets by 38...AGAIN (am predicting that one)
    Okay I will take 37 point spread your given me. How much are we putting on it Harrier. The Jets couldn't score 38 points in a month.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-01-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay I will take 37 point spread your given me. How much are we putting on it Harrier.
    Whatever you want big shot, quite confidant for a team coming off a 4-12 season, with your dominance being projected by pro bowl UDFA.

Did you have a flutter in 09 for your game with the jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 3m
    OAK has traded 2 picks to Seattle for Matt Flynn, will sign papers on it this AM & now trying to finalize Carson Palmer to AZ for late pick

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 10s
    Been saying this for a month... teams keep telling me they won't reach on this years QB crop. 2nd rd is the value. Vet additions make sense
    Honestly, I'm really glad we didn't do something like this. These are desperation moves by horribly run organizations that rarely produce a winner.

I'd rather take my chances in the draft then guys who have either peaked years ago or never shown much of anything to begin with

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    If the Jets think Geno is a 1st round QB - meaning worth ANY pick in round 1 then they should take him at 9. Jet's may be the goat but godam you need a QB and you have to keep trying to get one because literally you can not win without one.

Some studly mystery QB is not going to just show up - the Jets have to do what they did with Sanchez which was go for it. I applaud the effort they made in aggressively getting Sanchez when they thought he was the guy. It didn't work out but nobody knew that at the time and they looked very smart just 2 seasons ago in getting him.

This team needs a QB, if you can draft the best one coming out this year then do it. Go old school and let Sanchez/Gerrard start this year and let Geno sit for most of the season so he develops....but anyone saying no, no, don't take a QB high needs to give me a better option - you take a less talented QB in the 2nd round.....no. not when talking about a QB. You take the best guy you possibly can.
    Bravo. Great post. My thoughts exactly. I think Geno is a much better prospect than some people realize though and he's going to turn heads at the next level. Prototypical size and arm, good mobility, but generally stays in the pocket. Known to be a good decision-maker as evidenced by the low turnover rate. By all accounts a very hard worker. I think he's a much better prospect than Sanchez was, and we reached all the way to #5 for him. Geno at #9 would be a very good thing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Honestly, I'm really glad we didn't do something like this. These are desperation moves by horribly run organizations that rarely produce a winner.

I'd rather take my chances in the draft then guys who have either peaked years ago or never shown much of anything to begin with
    Don't let raider9175 hear you talking like that...oooo he gonna be mad!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

I take Rich gannon and A rodgers opinion on Matt Flynn more http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders...r-time-oakland than some fans who o9nce thought M sanchez could be a franchise Qb.

Btw This is a total new regime in oakland now, from top to bottom so exactly what your point again.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-01-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ill have a guess and say about 56 yards with an average of 3.3-ypc, sounds about right for D-mac doesn't it?