Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grill

New Grill

The storms this winter destroyed my grill. I'm going to spend $300 to $500 on a new one. Got any suggestions? Does size matter?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Going outside to cook a couple of burgers after a long day of work and having to mess around with charcoal doesn't sound fun.

any weber propane or natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Going outside to cook a couple of burgers after a long day of work and having to mess around with charcoal doesn't sound fun.
    If you were married to my wife you would understand.

Its all about a little "me time".

Agree on Weber. Disagree on charcoal. (Although I prefer the taste of real charcoal, it's too inconvenient.)

I'd up the budget if you can to go all stainless. My Weber is going on 8 years and looks great. I leave it outside all winter uncovered and I live on the ocean, so it takes LOTS of abuse. I replaced the "flavorizer" bars once and that's it. Regular Webers in comparison last 4 seasons at best.

INCONVENIENT?

You can also get the charcoal assist lighter. Flip a switch, go have a drink, in 10 mins you are ready to cook.

And the food tastes better.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I live on the ocean
    Do you drive a BMW as well?

I'd check out the Kenmore XL2000. It's pretty stellar. Can be found at your local Sears. I have a coupon. PM me if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Do you drive a BMW as well?

I'd check out the Kenmore XL2000. It's pretty stellar. Can be found at your local Sears. I have a coupon. PM me if you're interested.
    I googled XL2000 and it took me to this vacuum : http://www.amazon.com/Oreck-XL-Comme.../dp/B000KI9LQG

Hall Of Fame
    Couldn't agree more. Real men cook with charcoal.

I have both a gas grill and a Performer and my gas grill just collects dust now. Can't beat the flavor. I got most of the attachments/accessories too, just made a leg of lamb on the rotisserie yesterday.

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1481001-...eber+performer

get an electric grill with a backup charcoal generator.

Best of both worlds!!

Hall Of Fame
    INCONVENIENT?

You can also get the charcoal assist lighter. Flip a switch, go have a drink, in 10 mins you are ready to cook.

And the food tastes better.
    Exactly. Gas assist on the performer with the charcoal chimney and baskets. Doesn't get any easier.

Agree on Weber. Disagree on charcoal. (Although I prefer the taste of real charcoal, it's too inconvenient.)

I'd up the budget if you can to go all stainless. My Weber is going on 8 years and looks great. I leave it outside all winter uncovered and I live on the ocean, so it takes LOTS of abuse. I replaced the "flavorizer" bars once and that's it. Regular Webers in comparison last 4 seasons at best.
    That's b.c the older Webers were all 302 stainless. The newer ones are not as good.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Veteran
    Any of the Char Broil indirect heat ones. . ..
    Basically a big pan covers all the elements so only heat hits the meat, no flame. So when it's time to clean up - it's super easy - just clean the big sealed pan.

Jets Insider VIP
    GO CHARCOAL!
    +1

Don't understand how anyone can prefer propane to charcoal.

Jets Insider VIP

Inconvenient?

Douse the f*ckers with lighter fluid, let them soak for a few minutes, then light and wait until the coals turn gray.

What's so hard about that?

you failed the $300 to $500 part of the test.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Inconvenient?

Douse the f*ckers with lighter fluid, let them soak for a few minutes, then light and wait until the coals turn gray.

NEVER use lighter fluid, it f**ks up the flavor!
    Spend $10 and buy a chimney starter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Inconvenient?

Douse with lighter fluid and wait 5 minutes - Light fuel soaked charcoal and wait twenty minutes for coals to turn white. Cook food and hope it doesnt taste like a Gulf station. Wait for charcoals to burn out or pour water on them. Clean up burnt charcoal mess. Change forest fire smelling cloths. Kids decide they are still hungry - Repeat process.

Or

Turn knob and push red button.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsrush View Post
    Douse with lighter fluid and wait 5 minutes - Light fuel soaked charcoal and wait twenty minutes for coals to turn white. Cook food and hope it doesnt taste like a Gulf station. Wait for charcoals to burn out or pour water on them. Clean up burnt charcoal mess. Change forest fire smelling cloths. Kids decide they are still hungry - Repeat process.

Or

Turn knob and push red button.
    no.....

Light some newspaper under the chimney....in 10 mins you got perfect coals.

After cooking, let the fire die out itself. Next time you cook, you open the bottom and they fall into collection basket...empty that every 5-6 times.