Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grill

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I'll tell my wife she'll need to turn some extra tricks this month.
    LOL. I know it must be hard trying to sell the wife on spending $700-800 on a grill but the Genesis is worth it. I have never heard a bad thing about it from anyone. And if I didn't love charcoal so much, that is the one I would probably own.

If you have a local Ace Hardware, I suggest you buy from there. They will assemble it and if you have any problems they will take care of you. Even though Weber's customer support is excellent.

If you really feel like splurging, the EP-330 is basically the best of the bunch. It will last 15 years easily. Stainless steel flavorizers and cooking grates.

I'll tell my wife she'll need to turn some extra tricks this month.
    Wife: "Honey, I made an extra $210 this month!"
    You: "Who gave you a lousy $10!"
    Wife: "All of them!!!"

j/k!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    I just bought that exact grill except in dark green (after having my last Weber for 16 flawless years) and it kicks ass. There's not a better grill you will ever buy.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I just bought that exact grill except in dark green (after having my last Weber for 16 flawless years) and it kicks ass. There's not a better grill you will ever buy.
    When will you finally accept my greatness and scholarly wisdom?

Yeah, I have that one in black. Love the Jet green idea though, SOOTH.

Nearly the same scenario for me in terms of timing. My old Weber was an absolute tank. Never failed. If you are contemplating the purchase of a gas grill, don't bother with anything other than a Weber Genesis.

Hall Of Fame
    Did some grilling for the Final Four last night.

Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-07-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Did some grilling for the Final Four last night.

The chimney is arguably the best invention for charcoal grilling. I use one for my smoker.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    The chimney is arguably the best invention for charcoal grilling. I use one for my smoker.
    Couple of pieces of newspaper...no Lighter fluid smell or taste. We use one at the Beach club and its a great excuse to get away from yammering broads and drink with the men in the barbecue pit.

Absolutely rocks.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Borgo mentioned the Weber Genesis. Top of the line Weber.

Similar Weber model maybe in your $300 to $500 range is the Weber Spirit. One step down from the Genesis.
    Spirit is $500 (only 2 burners)
    Genesis is $700

All League
    Genesis is $700
    Should be able to get a 3 burner Spirit for under $500.

One other thing to consider when buying a grill - grill size.

How many will you be cooking for? For a family of 4 for your average BBQ, you don't need some huge grill area. If you always have to cook a ton on the grill, then you'll need a bigger area.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Couple of pieces of newspaper...no Lighter fluid smell or taste. We use one at the Beach club and its a great excuse to get away from yammering broads and drink with the men in the barbecue pit.

Absolutely rocks.

-
    Beach Club, huh?

What's next, hanging in the premium lot with SAR?

Genesis is $700
    Don't like it. Very cheaply made as compared to the Genesis.

A friend of mine bought a Huntington through Lowe's which is a phenomenal unit, especially for the money. The three burner goes for $369,
    whilst the four burner, stainless steel version, runs $399.

They are very well made and appointed. I would buy one of these.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_404338-65173...lls&facetInfo=

http://www.lowes.com/pd_118592-65173...lls&facetInfo=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZ4wl43YIo

Jets Insider VIP

Absolutely rocks.

-
    Beach Club, huh?

I belong to a Beach Club too. Obviously I've just made it sound less glamorous as a result.

I too volunteer time at the grill to ogle milfs looking for hot dogs and what not.

Jets Insider VIP

Absolutely rocks.

-
    :sigh: Sun & Surf, Ocean, LBC, ABC, Malibu?

Beach Club, huh?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Absolutely rocks.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I belong to a Beach Club too. Obviously I've just made it sound less glamorous as a result.

I too volunteer time at the grill to ogle milfs looking for hot dogs and what not.
    I just joined one for this upcoming summer, sight unseen. Kinda psyched as we'll finally have someplace to go in the hot weather but I really have no idea what I'm getting into. So, what's the story with the grills? They have ones there and you simply bring the charcoal, meat, etc.?

Jets Insider VIP
    Beach Club, huh?

Methinks it's the Irish Riviera. My kind isn't welcome there. Surprised that they let a black dude in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Inconvenient?

Douse the f*ckers with lighter fluid, let them soak for a few minutes, then light and wait until the coals turn gray.

What's so hard about that?
    I grill in the winter also. With the propane you push a button and start grilling and go inside. I come outside to flip the steaks and burgers and that's it. No cleanup to speak of.

I soak my steaks with sauce to get some flavor but all they need is a little high heat. Who cares whether it come in the form of propane or charcoal. Now if you are talking about slow cooking then I agree with the charcoal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Beach Club, huh?

SAR would be horrified by the drinkin debauchery that occurs at these clubs. Mine is a few grand a summer, more of the wifes thing, than mine.

Had yet another unidentified object carved off of my shoulder at the Dermatologist today, so you can imagine how thrilled I am to feel obligated to go to the stupid club "because we paid for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    :sigh: Sun & Surf, Ocean, LBC, ABC, Malibu?

SUn and Surf is a little high end for my tastes, we are next door. Used to be able to sleep over at Sun and SUrf which is a plus after a long day sipping booze, but thats out because of the firecodes being enforced now.

The hurricane wiped out a bunch of smaller clubs and beat the balls off of ours. I actually have to go down this weekend to begin to gut the interior of our cabana (cabinets, flooring etc.) I also have to replace a fridge and hot water heater which were destroyed in the storm. Hard to complain though, since we have to drive through the destruction in Long Beach to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I just joined one for this upcoming summer, sight unseen. Kinda psyched as we'll finally have someplace to go in the hot weather but I really have no idea what I'm getting into. So, what's the story with the grills? They have ones there and you simply bring the charcoal, meat, etc.?
    By us, they offer a barbecue area where you can put your own grill (marked with the cabana number on it). They dont provide them. Only charcoal, no gas.

Usually a bunch of guys that know eachother from adjoining courts or cabana's put their grills together at the beginning of each summer so you have a nice little bullpen for hijinks and ballbusting away from the wife and kids. Kind of like sand-gating.

Jets Insider VIP
    SAR would be horrified by the drinkin debauchery that occurs at these clubs. Mine is a few grand a summer, more of the wifes thing, than mine.

Had yet another unidentified object carved off of my shoulder at the Dermatologist today, so you can imagine how thrilled I am to feel obligated to go to the stupid club "because we paid for it."

SUn and Surf is a little high end for my tastes, we are next door. Used to be able to sleep over at Sun and SUrf which is a plus after a long day sipping booze, but thats out because of the firecodes being enforced now.

The hurricane wiped out a bunch of smaller clubs and beat the balls off of ours. I actually have to go down this weekend to begin to gut the interior of our cabana (cabinets, flooring etc.) I also have to replace a fridge and hot water heater which were destroyed in the storm. Hard to complain though, since we have to drive through the destruction in Long Beach to get there.

By us, they offer a barbecue area where you can put your own grill (marked with the cabana number on it). They dont provide them. Only charcoal, no gas.

Usually a bunch of guys that know eachother from adjoining courts or cabana's put their grills together at the beginning of each summer so you have a nice little bullpen for hijinks and ballbusting away from the wife and kids. Kind of like sand-gating.

Yikes, that's Yukon Denali money right there.

But it does sound like a lot of fun. So you degenerates can pass right out in the cabana and sleep there overnight?

When I say I belong to a 'beach club' - it's really in name only, its just the lake community I belong to.
    It's a smaller lake but it doesn't get the crowds and attention like some of the larger area lakes, which is just the way we like it.
    We have a pretty good track record with the town so we can get away with the occasional bonfire without getting hassled by the po-lice.
    Last edited by Fishooked; 05-02-2013 at 06:54 AM.

All League

Maybe you can save a few dollars by not replacing that. Sounds like you already have hot water.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Beach Club, huh?

What's next, hanging in the premium lot with SAR? ::
    I too have the Weber Genesis, great grill, in Espresso Brown.

I used it last night to make $60 worth of Skirt Steak.

SAR I