Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Grill

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    usually, I cook for three people so it would be fine....but I having a bbq at my house and will be cooking for 35 (you can't come) -- do you think I'll be alright with the 3 burner?
    My old Weber was a three burner unit. Never had a problem feeding any number of people.

Are you having it assembled and delivered? If so, Lowe's is running a special until May 27 where they will assemble and deliver all grills over $399 free of charge. Normally, delivery by me is $65. So you could order the four burner ($399) and still be ahead $35.

Hall Of Fame
    usually, I cook for three people so it would be fine....but I having a bbq at my house and will be cooking for 35 (you can't come) -- do you think I'll be alright with the 3 burner?
    As long as you get a good grill that has even heat distribution the only thing you will be sacrificing with a 3 burner is time b.c the grill itself will likely be smaller which means you can't put as much food on it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. No. Unless you bring over some chicks.

Three. Not the stainless steel model. He loves it.

I can't believe how much more Weber is charging from even 8-9 years ago.
    Have you been to the movies recently, old man? Can't get with a five-spot anymore.

And the price of milk? OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Have you been to the movies recently, old man? Can't get with a five-spot anymore.

And the price of milk? OUTRAGEOUS!!!
    LOL. Three people is like $36 bucks. Insane. Can't wait until they start streaming first run flicks.

My old Weber was a three burner unit. Never had a problem feeding any number of people.

Are you having it assembled and delivered? If so, Lowe's is running a special until May 27 where they will assemble and deliver all grills over $399 free of charge. Normally, delivery by me is $65. So you could order the four burner ($399) and still be ahead $35.
    Assembled. Lowes is the only place that sells the Huntingtons.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    My Weber lasted 18 years until rust finally did it in. We covered it for the first 8 years and for some inexplicable reason stopped (I think it was cocoons in the cover). Might have lasted 25 years.

Just bought a new Weber 32,000BTU 3-burner. Don't need or want side burner. $499
    Great point - get a cover for your new grill. It will last a long time. Or a longer time than an uncovered grill

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Great point - get a cover for your new grill. It will last a long time. Or a longer time than an uncovered grill
    People need to be told this? Folks, you're laying out $300-$1,000 for a grill. Cover the f**kin' thing and it'll last you at least a decade.

All League
    People need to be told this? Folks, you're laying out $300-$1,000 for a grill. Cover the f**kin' thing and it'll last you at least a decade.
    I used to not cover my grill. Many years ago, I was talking with a coworker about getting a new grill, and he said the most important thing you'll need is a cover. He was right. My grills used to last 2 or 3 years tops. My last one I covered, but met the beginning of the end when I was reframing my deck and hadn't put the railings up yet. Had a big wind storm, and it blew the grill off the deck. Got my Weber after that, had it for 5 years now, covered, and it's damn near like new.

Also, one thing to note - depends on where you live. A cover may not do you any good. I have family on the outer banks of NC, and the constant salt air eats away grills, covered or not. They get a new one every two years. Even tried buying expensive ones, but they still rot out. Now its just whatever's on sale every two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I used to not cover my grill. Many years ago, I was talking with a coworker about getting a new grill, and he said the most important thing you'll need is a cover. He was right. My grills used to last 2 or 3 years tops. My last one I covered, but met the beginning of the end when I was reframing my deck and hadn't put the railings up yet. Had a big wind storm, and it blew the grill off the deck. Got my Weber after that, had it for 5 years now, covered, and it's damn near like new.

Also, one thing to note - depends on where you live. A cover may not do you any good. I have family on the outer banks of NC, and the constant salt air eats away grills, covered or not. They get a new one every two years. Even tried buying expensive ones, but they still rot out. Now its just whatever's on sale every two years.
    Good point.

I bought a Weber cover at the same time I purchased my grill. Even after nearly 10 years of use, and sitting out in the snow all Winter, it looked like new after
    washing it in the Spring. Okay, maybe a little faded, but still 100% solid and effective.

Hall Of Fame
    Some covers can trap in the moisture if you live in a humid climate.

Cant speak from experience but I hear those ventilated covers you can buy from Amazon work better than the original Weber ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Some covers can trap in the moisture if you live in a humid climate.

Cant speak from experience but I hear those ventilated covers you can buy from Amazon work better than the original Weber ones.
    Weber cover I bought years ago was ventilated.

Good point.

I bought a Weber cover at the same time I purchased my grill. Even after nearly 10 years of use, and sitting out in the snow all Winter, it looked like new after
    washing it in the Spring. Okay, maybe a little faded, but still 100% solid and effective.
    bought a Huntington 4 burner $399. USA USA USA

Thanks for your help.

PS - Did you know Geno is a Libra?

bought a Huntington 4 burner $399. USA USA USA

Thanks for your help.

PS - Did you know Geno is a Libra?
    Nice! You will love the grill. I like that it's made in the Midwest, too.

With the free delivery, you made the smart move upgrading to the four burner. Let us know how it turns out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mine is too. I have had my Weber for about 14 years and I leave it outside and use it all year but keep it covered and it's still in great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Mine is too. I have had my Weber for about 14 years and I leave it outside and use it all year but keep it covered and it's still in great condition.
    They're tanks. I'm hoping the new models last as long as their "forebears".

Jets Insider VIP
    The night before Hurricane Sandy, i took my Weber and put it in the garage just to make sure it was ok. That was fortunate because a 70' walnut tree fell and took out my deck and would have crushed it.

Hall Of Fame
    Aye. I was just looking at pics, seems like all their covers for gas grills are ventilated. The Weber cover for my Performer isn't ventilated.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Aye. I was just looking at pics, seems like all their covers for gas grills are ventilated. The Weber cover for my Performer isn't ventilated.
    Just leave it on the covered grill as it warms up. That should dry it out.

Hall Of Fame
    Just leave it on the covered grill as it warms up. That should dry it out.
    LOL.

Honestly I never had a problem with moisture/rust b.c I use the grill a couple times a week. The cover doesn't stay on long enough to let the moisture do any damage.