Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Grill

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I googled XL2000 and it took me to this vacuum : http://www.amazon.com/Oreck-XL-Comme.../dp/B000KI9LQG
    LMAO.

I was joking, dude.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    no.....

Light some newspaper under the chimney....in 10 mins you got perfect coals.

After cooking, let the fire die out itself. Next time you cook, you open the bottom and they fall into collection basket...empty that every 5-6 times.

Oh

All League
    Weber is expensive but it is better quality and will last longer. IMO, it's the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Do you drive a BMW as well?

I'd check out the Kenmore XL2000. It's pretty stellar. Can be found at your local Sears. I have a coupon. PM me if you're interested.
    No BMW here, a dime a dozen in these parts.

And there's no way ff2 can claim that charcoal isn't a pain in the ass compared to gas. It's not just the start up, it's alos the clean up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    get an electric grill with a backup charcoal generator.

Best of both worlds!!
    You laugh, but I'm in the market for an electric grill. Only type I can get and never got my arse in gear to get one last year.

I think Source recommended this one.
    http://www.weber.com/explore/grills/...ic/weber-q-240

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No BMW here, a dime a dozen in these parts.

And there's no way ff2 can claim that charcoal isn't a pain in the ass compared to gas. It's not just the start up, it's alos the clean up.
    I sounded just like you wimps a few years ago. Until one day I decided to just give it a try and my only regret is not doing it sooner. There is a small learning curve involved with regulating the temps and cooking times but once you get past that it is easy as pie.

The cleanup is nothing. There is a pan that catches the ashes and a lever that sweeps the ashes into the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You laugh, but I'm in the market for an electric grill. Only type I can get and never got my arse in gear to get one last year.

I think Source recommended this one.
    http://www.weber.com/explore/grills/...ic/weber-q-240
    My buddy just got an electric smoker. While it's easier to just throw something in and not worry about it, nothing beats the real deal. Those are his words.

Do you drive a BMW as well?

I'd check out the Kenmore XL2000. It's pretty stellar. Can be found at your local Sears. I have a coupon. PM me if you're interested.

+1 on the charcoal chimney method. Wasted countless hours messing with lighter fluid.

While not quite the Weber, check out Fiesta gas grills. American made and they replaced rusted out burners for free for about 6 years. I've had the grill going on 8 years now. Probably due to replace though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsrush View Post
    Douse with lighter fluid and wait 5 minutes - Light fuel soaked charcoal and wait twenty minutes for coals to turn white. Cook food and hope it doesnt taste like a Gulf station. Wait for charcoals to burn out or pour water on them. Clean up burnt charcoal mess. Change forest fire smelling cloths. Kids decide they are still hungry - Repeat process.

Or

Turn knob and push red button.
    This ^

LMAO.

I was joking, dude.
    I re-read your post. I still don't get it. But I like the vacuum. Great suck power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsrush View Post
    Douse with lighter fluid and wait 5 minutes - Light fuel soaked charcoal and wait twenty minutes for coals to turn white. Cook food and hope it doesnt taste like a Gulf station. Wait for charcoals to burn out or pour water on them. Clean up burnt charcoal mess. Change forest fire smelling cloths. Kids decide they are still hungry - Repeat process.

Or

Turn knob and push red button.
    LMFAO...

I don't have time for that nonsense either. As long as I have a real flame cooking my burgers and steak, that works.

I re-read your post. I still don't get it. But I like the vacuum. Great suck power.
    It's an inside joke. We make fun of SAR and his Kenmore appliances. Welcome to the Hampur. It's pretty cliquey in here.

Jets Insider VIP

It's an inside joke. We make fun of SAR and his Kenmore appliances. Welcome to the Hampur. It's pretty cliquey in here.
    Oh. Cool. Can I still PM you for that Sears coupon?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Agree on Weber. Disagree on charcoal. (Although I prefer the taste of real charcoal, it's too inconvenient.)

I'd up the budget if you can to go all stainless. My Weber is going on 8 years and looks great. I leave it outside all winter uncovered and I live on the ocean, so it takes LOTS of abuse. I replaced the "flavorizer" bars once and that's it. Regular Webers in comparison last 4 seasons at best.
    4 years???

I guess maybe if you live on the ocean.

I have had a Weber Silver C porcelain for 15 years. (I don't think they make the Silver C anymore) I use it a lot... year round and it is like new. And I mean all of the writing on it is like new as well. Replaced the "flavorizer" bars once and the tank gauge once too. I probably had it covered for the last 6 years but only because my wife bought a Weber cover and likes it.

I do agree that the stainless steel is nice and when and if I replaced mine, I would probably get that. But the porcelain ones sure hold up a lot longer than 4 years.

you failed the $300 to $500 part of the test.
    There is nothing in that price range. All you'll get is a grill which will rust out, or otherwise collapse, in the next two-three years.
    If you can't afford a good grill, save your money until you can. Or, just get yourself a hibachi.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I sounded just like you wimps a few years ago. Until one day I decided to just give it a try and my only regret is not doing it sooner. There is a small learning curve involved with regulating the temps and cooking times but once you get past that it is easy as pie.

The cleanup is nothing. There is a pan that catches the ashes and a lever that sweeps the ashes into the pan.
    I grill year round. I can't be bothered with trying to use carcoal in the rain or snow. You ever look for a bag of it in January? Not easy to find. In the summer I throw some big parties where I grill over many hours . I don't want to have to refill my grill 3 or times for just one party. Just a royal pain in the ass for marginally better results.

Veteran
    I have a 3 burner Weber with stainless grates and flavorizer bars. Plus I hooked it up to the house propane so you don't have to mess with those tanks. Gets very hot and is great for searing steaks etc.