Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Spare QB Thread draft sign trade

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    They are taking a QB in the second or third round. If people think that Garrard is going to be the only addition to create competition at the QB position, they are mistaken. Any QB taken later than that will not be serious competition, maybe for the 3rd QB spot, but not the starter.
    so you're saying theres a chance garrard can be our starter.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    so there's no solution?
    Of course there is. Here is the solution.

Use your assets to improve other areas of the team this year.
    Look for a franchise QB in next year or the year afters draft.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    oh ok...I guess you know MORE than the Jets staff....sorry bro but I got faith in rex and idzik and co
    Eh? If the Jets don't draft a Qb this year then rex and idzik are agreeing with the poster.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    It's rare that there are ever RGIII's and Luck's. Luck was said to be the best prospect in a generation.

Brees, Brady, Ben, Rodgers none of them were top 10 picks

Which is to say they weren't "locks" when they came out either.

You have to take a shot on QB's and hope you hit. Sanchez wasn't the guy so we have to keep trying. No one really knows, not even the scouts.
    Your post proved my point. Reaching for guys like Barkley and Smith with a Top 10 pick is stupid. Similar QB prospects will be available in the 2nd and later. Wilson, dalton, kapernick, and breeze were all taken by teams that were smart enough to wait for value.

Desperate draft picks rarely work out.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 04-02-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Honestly, how can you say that with any real level of confidence, just looking at the last two years?

Wilson and Kaepernick?

Even if you want to call those two flukes...Of the top 10 QB's in the NFL right now 6/7 of them weren't top 10 picks.
    I'd say one year wonders ... Once defenses learn how to play against the Pistol ... They are done.

I'm starting to think that Geno Smith could be there for the Jets at 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Your post proved my point. Reaching for guys like Barkley and Smith with a Top 10 pick is stupid. Similar QB prospects will be available in the 2nd and later. Wilson, dalton, kapernick, and breeze were all taken by teams that were smart enough to wait for value.

Desperate draft piks rarely work out.
    I don't disagree that a player taken in the 2nd, 3rd, 5th round isn't going to be good.

I'm not saying to take either Barkley or Smith but I am saying if our scouting department believes they are worth it then we should absolutely take them.

Even if they're not the BPA, if there's a QB available that we believe will help the team win then you have to take that player.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    THen we NEED to trade down.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is why! Teams ahead of the Jets in the draft did not like what they see.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...medium=twitter

All League
    I don't disagree that a player taken in the 2nd, 3rd, 5th round isn't going to be good.

I'm not saying to take either Barkley or Smith but I am saying if our scouting department believes they are worth it then we should absolutely take them.

Even if they're not the BPA, if there's a QB available that we believe will help the team win then you have to take that player.
    Agreed. Let's say Idzik and our scouting dept didn't like any of the QBs in this draft, don't you think we would have been a LITTLE more active in free agency and trades other than to bring in Garrard?

KC trades for Alex Smith and signs Chase Daniel.
    Oakland trades for Matt Flynn and have Pryor.
    Philly has Vick and Foles and STILL brought in Dennis Dixon.
    Cleveland drafted Weeden in the 1st last year and still brought in Campbell.
    AZ signs Drew Stanton and trades for Palmer.
    Buffalo signs Kolb.
    Even Tennessee brought in Fitzpatrick who is better than anyone we have.

So far nothing from Jets and Jaguars.

Garrard could possibly be the worst of any QB pick up this whole offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post

Garrard could possibly be the worst of any QB pick up this whole offseason.
    The Redskins have signed both Pat White AND Rex Grossman in the past week- could they be trying to unload Cousins??

I agree, it doesn't make sense how some teams are loading up on backups at certain positions.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    The Redskins have signed both Pat White AND Rex Grossman in the past week- could they be trying to unload Cousins??

I agree, it doesn't make sense how some teams are loading up on backups at certain positions.
    There is a good chance that Cousins is the starter come opening day. White and Grossman are 2 and 3 until RGIII is healthy again.