Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What prospects do you like and not like....

What prospects do you like and not like....

When I say 'not like' I don't mean you think they are terrible, but rather just possibly overrated or overrated as far as a jets prospect. Same with 'liking' it doesn't mean you are fighting for the jets to have a player you like.

Some for me:

I like both Floyd and Lotulelei, it seems so many teams are looking for that 3-4 NT or DE but I think both of these guys are going to be really good, especially Floyd.

I do not like Dion Jordan. I simply don't like high end prospects where people are projecting and making excuses for a lack of production. "Oh he will be the best pass rusher in the draft! Oregon just never let him rush the passer! He can be a good cover OLB!"

I like both Warmack and Cooper, both look to be very solid if not more players for a long time. I agree with people that say they are a very low bust potential for these two.

I don't like Ansah, coming out of nowhere, kills the combine, not playing against great competition.

I don't like Tavon Austin, at least not where people are projecting him.

I don't like Cordarelle Patterson, his interview on path to the draft sounded like the typical one you get from diva headcases if you read between the lines.

I like Jarvis Jones, crap workouts but I can't ignore two full years of massive production in the SEC, not only sacks but tackles for loss.

I like DeAndre Hopkins, this guy has the things I want in a WR. Excellent college production, good hands catching away from the body, seems to be smooth and run good patterns.

I dislike all QB's. Even if some of these guys fall to the 2nd round I view them as Gabbert, ponder types and getting one in the 2nd round is no better than getting them early because they will still be mediocre, cause you to pass up on a better position player and you will be QB hunting in 2 or 3 years time again.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    When I say 'not like' I don't mean you think they are terrible, but rather just possibly overrated or overrated as far as a jets prospect. Same with 'liking' it doesn't mean you are fighting for the jets to have a player you like.

Some for me:

I like both Floyd and Lotulelei, it seems so many teams are looking for that 3-4 NT or DE but I think both of these guys are going to be really good, especially Floyd.

I do not like Dion Jordan. I simply don't like high end prospects where people are projecting and making excuses for a lack of production. "Oh he will be the best pass rusher in the draft! Oregon just never let him rush the passer! He can be a good cover OLB!"

I like both Warmack and Cooper, both look to be very solid if not more players for a long time. I agree with people that say they are a very low bust potential for these two.

I don't like Ansah, coming out of nowhere, kills the combine, not playing against great competition.

I don't like Tavon Austin, at least not where people are projecting him.

I don't like Cordarelle Patterson, his interview on path to the draft sounded like the typical one you get from diva headcases if you read between the lines.

I like Jarvis Jones, crap workouts but I can't ignore two full years of massive production in the SEC, not only sacks but tackles for loss.

I like DeAndre Hopkins, this guy has the things I want in a WR. Excellent college production, good hands catching away from the body, seems to be smooth and run good patterns.

I dislike all QB's. Even if some of these guys fall to the 2nd round I view them as Gabbert, ponder types and getting one in the 2nd round is no better than getting them early because they will still be mediocre, cause you to pass up on a better position player and you will be QB hunting in 2 or 3 years time again.
    ...everything you said... Me and you are on this year baby!

I'll put my own list down shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    ...everything you said... Me and you are on this year baby!

I'll put my own list down shortly.
    Ooops! I did forget to put the one big one in there I disagree with you about. Margus Hunt. In the do not like category for me.

All Pro
    Tyler Bray : Zac Dysert : Sean Renfree :

WRs:
    Chris Harper : Ryan Swoope : Conner Vernon :

RBs:
    Christine Michael : Knile Davis :

OL:
    Jonathan Cooper : David Bakhtiari : Chris Faulk : Manase Foketi :

OLBs:
    Ziggy Ansah : Damontrae Moore : Cornelious Washington : Michael Buchanan :

QB
    Like Barkley - I normally hate USC QB but I love the fact he stayed with his team even when he knew they couldnt build around him.

dislike Manuel - The only QB in this draft I feel is being over rated ATM. Dont hate the guy just dont think he is better then many of the guys behind him on charts.

RB
    like -Dee Dee Greene - Dont even know if he is listed but guys who where the uni get my respect.

dislike - The rest of this sad RB class.

WR
    like - Keenan Allen - he is going to be a play maker no doubt in my mind.

dislike - normally I can find a JA at WR to hate on but this seems like a pretty stand up WR class

OL
    like Kyle Long - I cant explain it I HATE his family but for some reason I like the kid.

dislike Larry Warford - just not a fan of overweight OL Flucker is from FSU so he is cool. lol

DL
    like Sheldon Richardson - Best fit for a 3-4 IMO

dislike John Jenkins - anther fat one dimensional player

LB
    like Cornellius Carradine - yeah OK FSU there is a reason also think he will be a stud as a pro

dislike Gholston obvious reason.

DB
    like Xavier Rhodes - yeah pretty much for the same reasons as Tank.

dislike Rambo - Just really over rated IMO. Cant say it is dislike as much as I dont get his draft value at all.

Not a lot of Aholes to hate in this year class to be truthful. At least not at the top end.

Jarvis JOnes looks just like the seahawk first round last year, probably not playing a second contract. 12-14 sacks

Mingo is calvin pace with a sick spin move. 9-11 sacks

The ansah is demarcus ware, beast. 18-20 sacks. never out of control when he gets to the QB like the first two.

Fuk Dion

Quote Originally Posted by ADemas View Post
    Jarvis JOnes looks just like the seahawk first round last year, probably not playing a second contract. 12-14 sacks

Mingo is calvin pace with a sick spin move. 9-11 sacks

The ansah is demarcus ware, beast. 18-20 sacks. never out of control when he gets to the QB like the first two.

Fuk Dion

Terrible analysis.

Jarvis is nothing like Irvin. First off Irvin is a speed rusher, more of a Mingo if anything. Jarvis can be most comparable to a Suggs as he isn't a combine star, but has a plethora of moves, and can get to the passer. Reminds me of Matthews as well.

Ansah and Ware, really? Ansah is so big, I feel like he's made for a 4-3 End.

Jordan is the best pass rusher in this draft.

QB: Like Geno Smith
    Don't like Anyone besides Eugene.

RB: Like Barner, Maysonet, Gio, amongst others
    Don't like: Lacy, Bell, and Taylor.

WR: Like Cordarrelle, Tavon, Wheaton, Patton
    Don't like Terrence Williams, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen

TE: Like Jordan Reed, Travis Kelce
    Don't Like Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Terrible analysis.

Jarvis is nothing like Irvin. First off Irvin is a speed rusher, more of a Mingo if anything. Jarvis can be most comparable to a Suggs as he isn't a combine star, but has a plethora of moves, and can get to the passer. Reminds me of Matthews as well.

JOnes is an irvin clone with the way he rushes the passer, you may need a new retina display.

Ansah is ware on steroids.

Fuk Dion

Qb - like Zac Dysert for the west coast offense the Jets are installing perfect Fit....

RB - le'veon Bell guys his size who have spin and Hurdle moves and can bounce it outside and run inside are rare ... Also led all Rb's in college with Yards after contact... 2nd with Christine Michael RB A&M

WR- Da'Rick Rogers - better than Justin Hunter or Patterson on the Vols...
    If it wasn't for Weed and Immaturity he would be the first or second Wr Drafted.... Reminds me of Dez Bryant lite....

Tight End- Levine toilolo from Stanford give him a couple to be a Premier red zone Target.... Gotta love a 6-7 tight end that can stretch the seam...

OL- Eric Fisher is a automatic Starter for a decade...

Travis Frederick can play all the interior line Positions and is Nasty...

David qusenberry San Jose love his feet at Pass Protection as a Left Guard...

Jets Insider VIP
    QB's

Like: Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, EJ Manuel, Sean Renfree

Don't like: Everyone else

WR's

Like: DeAndre Hopkins, Quinton Patton, Justin Hunter, Ryan Swope

Don't like: Cordarrelle Patterson, Robert Woods

OL

Like: Chance Warmack, Luke Joekel, Eric Fisher, Jonathan Cooper, Justin Pugh

Don't like: Lane Johnson, DJ Fluker

DL

Like: Sharrif Floyd, Star Lutulelei, Jesse Williams

Don't like: Johnathan Hankins, Bennie Logan

OLB's

Like: Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, Tank Carradine, Jamie Collins, Alex Okafor

Don't like: Barkevious Mingo, Ziggy Ansah

Safety's

Like: Kenny Vaccaro, Matt Elam, Johnathan Cyprien, Baccari Rambo

Don't like: Eric Reid, D.J. Swearinger

All Pro
    QB's

Like: Geno Smith... maybe not a 9, but I do think he'll do well in the pros.

Don't like: the rest of them. The backups at best. Nassib may or may not develop into a serviceable guy, but he's not a round 1 talent. At all.

Sleeper; none.

WR's

Like: LOVE Hopkins and Allen. Woods is ridiculously underrated. Bailey will a starter by the end of year 1.

Don't like: Cordarrelle Patterson and Austin (not at their current ADP)

Sleeper; T. Sinkfield... speed aside, I liked what i saw.

OL

Like: Warmack, Eric Fisher, Cooper, Armstead

Don't like: DJ Fluker, Warford

sleeper; Nevada's OG Barker & WV's C Madsen

DL

Like: Sharrif Floyd (Best player in the draft) Star Lutulelei, Hunt,

Don't like: Richardson, Ansah (he's a DE people) mostly cause he's overvalued, Werner

Sleeper; Hughes

OLB's

Like: Jones, Carradine, Moore, Collins,

Don't like: Mingo, Jordan (health & pass rushing)

sleeper; SMU's Davis

QB

Like: Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Mike Glennon, Tyler Bray

Dislike: the rest

RB

Like: Giovani Bernard, Jonathan Franklin, Andre Ellington, Christine Michael, Joseph Randle, Mike Gillislee, Kenjon Barner, Marcus Lattimore, Jawan Jamison

Dislike: Eddy Lacy, Knile Davis, Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell, Stepfan Taylor, Spencer Ware

Sleepers: Cierre Wood, Ray Graham, Zac Stacy

WR

Like: Cordarelle Patterson, Keenan Allen, De'Andre Hopkins, Robert Woods, Terrence Williams, Da'Rick Rogers

Dislike: Tavon Austin, Justin Hunter, Marcus Wheaton, Stedman Bailey, Quntin Patton, Ryan Swope, Kenny Stills

Sleepers: Keenan Davis, Dan Buckner,

OL

Like: Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper, Dallas Thomas, Larry Warford, Luke Joekel, Eric Fisher, Brennan Williams

Dislike: Lane Johnson, DJ Fluker, Barret Jones,

Sleepers: Brian Winters

OLB

Like: Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Trevardo Williams, Brandon Jenkins, Michael Buchanan

Dislike: Dion Jordan, Ezekial Ansah, Alex Okavor, Corey Lemonier, Chase Thomas

Sleepers: Quanterus Smith

Safety

Like: Kenny Vacarro, Matt Elam, Jonathan Cyprien, DJ Swearinger, TJ McDonald, Philip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo

Dislike: Eric Reid, Shamarko Thomas, Shawn Williams

Sleepers: Robert Lester, Josh Evans, Brandon Bishop

All Pro
    QB: Barkley, Manuel

RB: Franklin, Barner.

WR: Bailey, Woods (soooo underrated)

TE: Ertz, Kasa, McDonald. I really hope we get one of these 3 guys.

OL: Obvious guys (Jockel, Fisher, Cooper) I also like Xavier Nixon in the middle rounds.

DL/passrushers Floyd (stud status) Ansah, Carradine,

ILB: Minter, Reddick

CB: Trufant (future star) and I'd totally take him at 9 by the way. McGee, Tharold Simon

S: Mathieu, Swearinger

Dislikes:

QB: Glennon. I just don't trust him to be smart enough to win consistently.

RB: Taylor. Too slow.

WR: Hunter. No polish. I just don't know enough.

OL: Fluker (he's probably a starting G but not OT)

DL: Werner. Not worth a 1st rounder IMO.

OLB: Jordan. I need to see more production from a guy this athletic, especially in the Pac12.

ILB: Te'o. Nuff said.

CB: Banks. He will get over drafted and Slay is better.

S: Vaccaro. Not a 1st rounder IMO. And Reid should have gone back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Terrible analysis.

Jordan = Perry from last year. I'd like to know how the Jordan fans know this guy is the best pass rusher in the draft when he got a whopping 4.5 sacks last year. I'll go with real production on tape against good competition rather than some projection based on the fact that he was asked to drop into coverage. I really really hope Jordan gets picked top 8 as many are projecting, better players there for the Jets.

All League
    Gotta disagree on this one.

I saw him on "Game Changers" with several other players where they were all asked what they'll do with their first checks....The first players said he was going to buy a Mercedes Benz, the second said he was gonna by cars, and Cordarelle said he was going to tell his mother she didn't have to work anymore because she took care of him for 21 years, and he said "Now it's my turn".

I thought that was pretty classy.

Hall Of Fame
    Let me preface this by saying that we are using the term "dislike" very loosely. Just taking everything into consideration like their current draft stock and where they would have to be picked.

QB: "Dislike"-Smith, Barkley. Like-Jones, Dysert.

WR: "Dislike"-Allen, Williams. Like-Hopkins, Bailey, Swope.

OT: "Dislike"-Joeckel, Johnson, Fluker. Like-Fisher, Watson, Williams

OG: "Dislike"-Warford, Long. Like-Warmack, Cooper, Watford

TE: "Dislike"-Ertz, Escobar. Like-Eifert

DT: "Dislike"- Like-Floyd, Lotulelei, Dawkins

DE: "Dislike"-Ansah, Jones.

LB: "Dislike"-Mingo, Jordan, Moore, Jones. Like-Olgetree, Minter, Bostic

CB: Like-Milliner, Trufant

S: "Dislike"-Vaccaro, Elam. Like-Reid, Swearinger, Williams, Rambo
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-03-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    Gotta disagree on this one.

I saw him on "Game Changers" with several other players where they were all asked what they'll do with their first checks....The first players said he was going to buy a Mercedes Benz, the second said he was gonna by cars, and Cordarelle said he was going to tell his mother she didn't have to work anymore because she took care of him for 21 years, and he said "Now it's my turn".

I thought that was pretty classy.
    I saw/heard that too. I came away impressed with that. Shows you where his head is at.

Jordan = Perry from last year. I'd like to know how the Jordan fans know this guy is the best pass rusher in the draft when he got a whopping 4.5 sacks last year. I'll go with real production on tape against good competition rather than some projection based on the fact that he was asked to drop into coverage. I really really hope Jordan gets picked top 8 as many are projecting, better players there for the Jets.
    Disagree

Not sure about him being the best pass rusher in the draft at all,for me that'd be Jones or Moore,but is he a better pass rusher than 5.5 sacks his senior year suggest?

Considering he drops into coverage maybe 20 or 30% of the time(maybe more)then he has a lot less opportunities to rush the passer therefor his sack numbers and TFL's may pale into comparison with guys who are after the QB on near every down.If he was pinning his ears back every play then I'd be shocked if he wasn't up around the 8-12 sack range at least.

The trouble with the 3-4 OLB position is that it gets judged by sacks alone when actually Rex Ryan needs guys who are flexible,can seal the edge,drop with Te's(Hello Gronk)not miss tackles and get after the QB.Jordan can do it all,hell he can cover some WR's!!.

I have a hard time believing Rex isn't salivating at the possibilities DJ would bring to his defence and if you are looking for a solution to the problem that is Gronkowski then a 6-6 250 pounder who can outrun him and excels in coverage is probably as close to it as we are going to see anytime soon.

Jordan will do everything Calvin Pace was asked to do but likely a lot better.If it's purely sacks you want then sure there might be other guys with bigger stats but can they drop into coverage?...are they a liability against the run?....do they miss tackles?In purely potential terms he could be a unique talent at the position.

I love Damontre Moore and think he'll be a stud.He'll get sacks and will be pretty solid v the run although would I want him 1-1 with Hernandez or Gronk?...nope.

Same with Jarvis Jones.

Personally I hope we draft more than 1 OLB this year.Maybe Okafor in the mid rounds or Quanterus Smith but I really hope we get Jordan at 9 because I think he can be special.

Just me Opinion

QB

Love-Glennon(late 1st or 2nd)Bray(3rd or 4th)

Like-Barkley,Manuel

Not thrilled about but don't hate-Geno,Nassib

RB

Like-Montee,Franklin,Bell,Ellington,Barner

Dislike-Taylor,Michael

WR

Love:Keenan Allen(going to be great)Stills(underrated)Austin(special)Bailey

Like:King(underrated mid-round bargain)Rogers(best of the Tennessee 3)Patton

Dislikeatterson

Meh:Hunter

TE

Don't want any TE drafted before the 3rd or 4th round but like Dion Sims

OL

Love:Fluker(2nd or 3rd)Jordan Mills

Like:Warmack,Thomas

OLB

Love:Jordan,Damontre(Suggs 2.0)

Like:Quanterus Smith,Okafor,Walter Stewart(sleeper),Porter

Dislike:Jones,Ansah

Hate:Mingo

CB

Love:Rhodes,Jamar Taylor

S

Like:Reid,Shamarko Thomas,Elam

Dislike:Vaccaro(just don't get the hype...overrated)
    Last edited by Redlichtie; 04-03-2013 at 06:28 PM.