Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shefter: Palmer to AZ Done

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    One of the worst teams in football just downgraded at QB... Just because the jets suck a little less doesn't mean we can't call out the raiders for being awful?
    You can do whatever you damn well like. It's a Jets board. Just seems a little weak to say ''You suck a little more the we suck. Probably.''

All League
    Yep, here we go blasting the Raiders for downgrading their QB position. When in reality, they cleared $12M off their 2014 cap, and still have a QB that is light years better than we have or possible will draft.

Good times.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Yep, here we go blasting the Raiders for downgrading their QB position. When in reality, they cleared $12M off their 2014 cap, and still have a QB that is light years better than we have or possible will draft.

Good times.
    Has Flynn even stared a game in the league?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Has Flynn even stared a game in the league?
    Actually he has started 2. Both games he played very well and even put up better numbers then Rodgers ever did. 500 yards and 6 TDs in his second game.

What's Sanchez's best numbers in 47 starts?

Actually he has started 2. Both games he played very well and even put up better numbers then Rodgers ever did. 500 yards and 6 TDs in his second game.

Then GB should have traded ARogers.

All Pro
    Actually he has started 2. Both games he played very well and even put up better numbers then Rodgers ever did. 500 yards and 6 TDs.

I certainly dont know, but Sanchez has looked good in a few games in the past 4 years. In no way am i defending Mark. From my viewpoint, he was done 2 seasons ago, and definitely is not good at anything.

I would never compare the 2 tho, because the body of work is just so different. Flynn is just as risky as Sanchez was at this point in his career.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Then GB should have traded ARogers.
    Let's not get crazy with the hyperbole. The point I am trying to get acrossed is that while everyone else is judging Matt Flynn by where he got drafted, they don't see what this guy did when his number got called.

Let's not forget that McKenzie was on the GB staff when Flynn was drafted.

Let's not get crazy with the hyperbole. The point I am trying to get acrossed is that while everyone else is judging Matt Flynn by where he got drafted, they don't see what this guy did when his number got called.

To be fair the two defenses he faced was the Lions and the Patriots defense. He has to prove he can do it against better defenses. I'm not happy with Matt Flynn as my qb. I Hope T pryor can beat him out but I have to see this T Pryor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teq_PArS2SU combine with this T Pryor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLqV7tmZDs.

He showed surprising touch on his passes in his only start but he has to be able to demonstrate he can throw a fastball just as accurately. Both Raiders potential starting Qbs have three starts combine on their resume. Making it more likely I can get my J Clowney jersey ready for 2014.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-03-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    so T Pryor is now the savior that C Palmer was last year and B Gradkowski was before that?

Hall Of Fame

People see what he did in his very limited action, they just are not ready to say he is a legit starting QB in the NFL. Scott Mitchell, Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, Dereck Anderson, Tommy Maddox, all guys who flashed for a year and then went on to do nothing. Flynn may turn out to be a legit QB, but to base it on TWO starts is far from a guarantee. The odds are that he doesnt turn out to be the legit long term solution at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You can do whatever you damn well like. It's a Jets board. Just seems a little weak to say ''You suck a little more the we suck. Probably.''
    Is that why you spend so much time on a jets board then? You must have a bad Boston inferiority complex

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Why do you even care what a Jet fan has to say about the Raiders on a Jet message board? You're a Patriots fan. Go f*** yourself. Nobody gives a f*** about your opinion on this topic if all you have to say is something negative about the Jets.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    People see what he did in his very limited action, they just are not ready to say he is a legit starting QB in the NFL. Scott Mitchell, Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, Dereck Anderson, Tommy Maddox, all guys who flashed for a year and then went on to do nothing. Flynn may turn out to be a legit QB, but to base it on TWO starts is far from a guarantee. The odds are that he doesnt turn out to be the legit long term solution at QB.
    I get that. And I also get that we have 1 QB that we KNOW can't be a starter in this league (Sanchez), 1 QB that we're pretty confident that he can't be a starter in this league (Tebow), and 1 QB that has done NOTHING in over 2 years to give any indication that he can even be a back up in this league any more (Garrard).

Credit Oakland for taking a shot. If it doesn't work out, cut him, you've already shaved $12M off of next years cap with the Palmer trade and hope tht you are in a position to draft a guy next year.

Standing pat with what we have now tells me we HAVE to draft somebody. And everyone knows that when you go into the draft HAVING to fill a critical need, you don't draft BAP, you reach.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Is that why you spend so much time on a jets board then? You must have a bad Boston inferiority complex
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Why do you even care what a Jet fan has to say about the Raiders on a Jet message board? You're a Patriots fan. Go f*** yourself. Nobody gives a f*** about your opinion on this topic if all you have to say is something negative about the Jets.
    Inb4 he calls you Sally and tells you not to take it so serious.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Inb4 he calls you Sally and tells you not to take it so serious.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so T Pryor is now the savior that C Palmer was last year and B Gradkowski was before that?
    No I hated Bruce Garbagekowski.(never was a fan of the4 Qb. We will see with T Pryor I don't think he ready to be a starter yet (from one game he played in and showed) But he showed enough that in time could be the guy. I think if he proves he can make the throws he couldn't last year , than yes I think he can be the starter.( there is no guarantee there - will have better idea when training camp comes) . We know he is the fastest QB in the game but running isn't the most important quality for a Qb.

Right now I think he can play definitely in certain situations. I would have no problem making him the redzone Qb. He a big time weapon down there.

Even If T pryor proves he can't be a Qb he can easily play another position like Wr/TE and be a very good player.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    No I hated Bruce Garbagekowski.(never was a fan of the4 Qb. We will see with T Pryor I don't think he ready to be a starter yet (from one game he played in and showed) But he showed enough that I think if he proves he can make the throws he couldn't last year , than yes I think he can be the starter.( there is no guarantee there - will have better idea when training camp comes) . We know he is the fastest QB in the game but running isn't the most important quality for a Qb.

Right now I think he can play definitely in certain situations. I would have no problem making him the redzone Qb. He a big time weapon down there.

Even If T pryor proves he can't be a Qb he can easily play another position like Wr/TE and be a very good player.
    With the emergence of RGIII as a stud, i could see the Raiders TRYING to put Pryor in that situation. Why not, your team is like the Jets and not in contention this year.

What makes you think he could become a good WR tho?....I dont think he has ever been inserted in that role, has he?

TE?....

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    NO one beside Reggie Mckenzie ( very bold move) is saying that matt Flynn is a legitimate starter. He putting his reputation on the line with this trade. Matt Flynn the sample size of him starting in the league just isn't large enough to say one way or the other what he capable of doing in the league. This one could go either way. There is no shame being A Rodgers backup or losing out to Russell Wilson.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    With the emergence of RGIII as a stud, i could see the Raiders TRYING to put Pryor in that situation. Why not, your team is like the Jets and not in contention this year.

What makes you think he could become a good WR tho?....I dont think he has ever been inserted in that role, has he?

TE?....
    I would love for Raiders to give T Pryor a legitimate shot to be the starter Qb. Will they? I don't know if the new regime believes in T Pryor( not there guy as they did't draft him) Wouldn't surprise me if they moved him in a trade.

T Pryor played Wr sometimes at Ohio St in the redzone. Scouts said he would have went much higher in the supplemental draft if he would have switch to Wr.
    He can play Te as T Pryor 6' 5. 235. With 4.36. Speed He so big and smooth he doesn't even looking like he moving but he is covering a lot of ground real fast ( leaving defenders in the dust). T Pryor is such a great athlete he could probably have played basketball and played important minutes at Ohio St.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-04-2013 at 07:07 AM.