Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nnamdi a 49er

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So many clueless people on this site.

Jets don't want to trade Revis just because he cost too much. We could fit him in if we truly wanted to. They're trading Revis because hes pretty much the only trading chip we have to truly allow us to rebuild this offense. That and we have Cro who's a pro bowler in his own right. Cro wouldn't bring us back enough in a trade to deal him. Revis on the other hand will bring us at least 2 most likely 3 top picks.

So again, it's not just dollars with Revis. Trading him gives us the best chance to rebuild quicker and he plays a position right now that doesn't win championships.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    yes he will, He will get more than 10 mill as a FA, he won't get it as part of a trade though.
    I think Tampa will give him 12 a year in a trade ... but that's a guess, we should know in a matter of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But can he take that risk? What if he's lost a step because of the injury? He won't get paid then.
    You have to remember who you are dealing with, his uncle almost threw away his career to get paid. This is the guy representing Revis. They have been awaiting this free agency for years. Revis does not only believe he is the best cb in the game,he believes he is the best defensive player in the game. It is foolish to believe Revis will ever sign for less then 12 million per.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That would be the most amazing coup if it came to be!

Idzik would come out a hero with an accomplishment simply by being patient and letting the market go to work all around us. Just watching and waiting, letting the market set itself and letting players realize what types of compensation are really available at this point.
    Yep Revis has got to see the light. Welcome and wake up to the new landscape of the NFL...

Sign him up Idzik!

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    So many clueless people on this site.

Jets don't want to trade Revis just because he cost too much. We could fit him in if we truly wanted to. They're trading Revis because hes pretty much the only trading chip we have to truly allow us to rebuild this offense. That and we have Cro who's a pro bowler in his own right. Cro wouldn't bring us back enough in a trade to deal him. Revis on the other hand will bring us at least 2 most likely 3 top picks.

So again, it's not just dollars with Revis. Trading him gives us the best chance to rebuild quicker and he plays a position right now that doesn't win championships.
    QB is the only position that wins you championships and if you're talking defense a CB like revis is absolutely a premium position. revis is the only shutdown corner in the NFL... the kind of talent you have to gameplan around similar to what teams do to great pass rushers. the reason I'm for keeping revis (assuming the $ isn't ludicrous) is that if you can somehow add a real pass rush we could be talking about building a real elite defense that can impose it's will on the game. but if we're talking trade we really need those first rounders back so we can build ammo to trade up for a QB and go in a different team direction. we can't lose talent like revis without a real plan to replace it

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's time to pay Revis what he's always been asking for....Nnamdi type money!

With this latest contract for Nnamdi, along with all of the other top CBs going for 5 million per year, Revis & his agents greed has backfired.
    We all know Revis will get paid but how much will someone offer in this deflated market?
    Revis could have sold his house (ie. signed an incredibly lucrative contract with the Jets long term) but decided to stick it to the Jets & refuse a long term contract.
    Just like the housing market the bubble has burst. Revis is great but why would a team like the 49ers even entertain the thought of Revis for 2 draft picks & 12 million per year, when they could sign Nnamdi for 1.6 million base salary!

Sure, we all know Revis is twice the player but is he better than Nnamdi by 12Xs?
    Eventually greed kicks your Azz.
    The CB market crash is the best thing to happen to the Jets because the biggest snag of trying to trade him is not the picks given up, it's the salary on top of those picks.
    There won't be a price war with Revis after 2013. The writings on the wall & there are not even a handful of teams that will have the cap space to sign him to his ridiculous demands.
    Now it will be all about guaranteed money.
    To think that if the Jets offered 5 years 50 million with 25 mill guaranteed in this market & get refused is a sad place to be.
    That is why Jet fans have to pray that the Bucs are still in the game.
    Revis will NEVER be satisfied, I personally don't mind players trying to make the most they can but Revis takes it to another level that hampers your team & holds you hostage to him.
    Revis for as good as he is has been a distraction for most of his career here. In 2010, without his holdout nonsense the Jets might have been able to make a couple of FA moves that might have helped depth & who knows, help beat the Steelers on the road.
    Jets always end up with the prima donnas, Hugh Douglas, Abraham, Keyshawn, & Revis.

John Idzik should put together an 8 to 10 year deal guaranteeing approximately 40 to 60 million. If Revis hits on incentives, he could be making an average of 12 million per season. He should also install clauses in the contract to prevent him from holding out in the future.

Idzik could probably use the market value angle for getting Revis to sign long term. It is a rather compelling argument.

NONE of the CB's we are seeing sign are anywhere near as good as Revis is. Revis is head and shoulders above everyone else. But market value is what it is. And I'd also imagine that there's no way Mario Williams would have ever gotten 16 million per season again. There is a serious market correction going on right now, or at least it seems like that.

I would think it's worth a shot for Idzik.
    Last edited by Mainejet; 04-03-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    With this latest contract for Nnamdi, along with all of the other top CBs going for 5 million per year, Revis & his agents greed has backfired.
    We all know Revis will get paid but how much will someone offer in this deflated market?
    Revis could have sold his house (ie. signed an incredibly lucrative contract with the Jets long term) but decided to stick it to the Jets & refuse a long term contract.
    Just like the housing market the bubble has burst. Revis is great but why would a team like the 49ers even entertain the thought of Revis for 2 draft picks & 12 million per year, when they could sign Nnamdi for 1.6 million base salary!

Sure, we all know Revis is twice the player but is he better than Nnamdi by 12Xs?
    Eventually greed kicks your Azz.
    The CB market crash is the best thing to happen to the Jets because the biggest snag of trying to trade him is not the picks given up, it's the salary on top of those picks.
    There won't be a price war with Revis after 2013. The writings on the wall & there are not even a handful of teams that will have the cap space to sign him to his ridiculous demands.
    Now it will be all about guaranteed money.
    To think that if the Jets offered 5 years 50 million with 25 mill guaranteed in this market & get refused is a sad place to be.
    That is why Jet fans have to pray that the Bucs are still in the game.
    Revis will NEVER be satisfied, I personally don't mind players trying to make the most they can but Revis takes it to another level that hampers your team & holds you hostage to him.
    Revis for as good as he is has been a distraction for most of his career here. In 2010, without his holdout nonsense the Jets might have been able to make a couple of FA moves that might have helped depth & who knows, help beat the Steelers on the road.
    Jets always end up with the prima donnas, Hugh Douglas, Abraham, Keyshawn, & Revis.

The crash this year is the best thing if the jets want to sign Revis, but not to trade him. He does not want to be a FA or negotiate in this market especially as an injured player, Which is a double whammy on him. The only thing now the down market is hurting Cro value in the trade market also.

Hall Of Fame
    Does Darrelle know about shrinkage?

Great pick-up for San Francisco.

Nnamdi struggled in Philadelphia's zone scheme - why they paid for him to play in a zone defense is beyond me - and now he'll be back in more of a man defense, and he'll also be asked to be the No.2 CB to Carlos Rogers. Could be a huge steal for San Francisco. He's back in a similar type defense he thrived in for eight years in Oakland and he's back home.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Great pick-up for San Francisco.

Nnamdi struggled in Philadelphia's zone scheme - why they paid for him to play in a zone defense is beyond me - and now he'll be back in more of a man defense, and he'll also be asked to be the No.2 CB to Carlos Rogers. Could be a huge steal for San Francisco. He's back in a similar type defense he thrived in for eight years in Oakland and he's back home.
    And he doesn't have to cover victor Cruz 2x a year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    John Idzik should put together an 8 to 10 year deal guaranteeing approximately 40 to 60 million. If Revis hits on incentives, he could be making an average of 12 million per season. He should also install clauses in the contract to prevent him from holding out in the future.

Idzik could probably use the market value angle for getting Revis to sign long term. It is a rather compelling argument.

NONE of the CB's we are seeing sign are anywhere near as good as Revis is. Revis is head and shoulders above everyone else. But market value is what it is. And I'd also imagine that there's no way Mario Williams would have ever gotten 16 million per season again. There is a serious market correction going on right now, or at least it seems like that.

I would think it's worth a shot for Idzik.
    Nobody signs 8-10 year contracts in the NFL, and even if there was, once you get past the guaranteed money years they are essentially meaningless. Plus, do you really think Revis would honor an 8-10 year deal??....LOL.

The problem with Revis will always be as soon as there is an uptick in the CB market, Revis is going to hold the Jets hostage again. You can say just put a holdout clause in there, but that is easier said than done, especially with how it all worked out this time around.

Hall Of Fame
    Funny. I was talking about $10-$11 million per year for Revis a little while ago and many of the fanbois were saying I was crazy. Some were still clinging to the idea of Flacco money and at the very least saying we should be prepared to "compromise" in the $13-$14 million area. Right now $10-$11 looks high.

I was talking about deflation in the CB position a few years ago and even as recently as a few months ago many of the same fanbois were saying I was crazy. I wonder if they have gotten the message yet. Al Davis is dead.

I was also talking a few years ago during the previous Revis holdout about the extreme likelihood (in my opinion) that the salary cap would not continue to increase at 6%-8% year over year, every single year. At the same time the very same Revis and Tannenbaum fanbois were saying that I was crazy. That the cap would continue to go up maybe as much as 10% every year, each and every year and that a long term mega deal for Revis would look cheap by the end of the deal.

*gong*

Niners and Seahawks are head and shoulders above the rest if the NFC. What a difference a couple years makes. Remember when the West was won with a losing record? LOL

Only team on the AFC that is close to them is Denver. So much for competitive balance.

Offer Revis $7M+ for 4. After he does a tryout to see if he's ok.
    What's the difference. By the time the Jets are in contention, he'll be all washed up. He is hardly the missing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I think Tampa will give him 12 a year in a trade ... but that's a guess, we should know in a matter of weeks.
    How much do you think they will give him as a Fa then when he is healthy and is proven?

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Offer Revis $7M+ for 4. After he does a tryout to see if he's ok.
    What's the difference. By the time the Jets are in contention, he'll be all washed up. He is hardly the missing piece.
    Jets will be contenders next year (2014/15) In today's league it only takes a year - jets are in good cap position after this year. If they find a QB (I know that's a big if)
    They will certainly be in playoff contention.

We can't assume they won't find a QB, if we do that we can't ever assume they'll be ready

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    And why would teams all of a sudden decide CB's values are higher? Because Revis got more?

One year deals are being signed by all positions - it's not a CB thing.
    That's exactly why, he will set the market.

That's what is happening with QB's and it's what happened when we re-signed Harris after all the ILB signed a couple years ago.