Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Nnamdi a 49er

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,443

    Nnamdi a 49er

    Yawn

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,633
    1 year deal for $3 Million

    Revis' dollars have to be coming down...Probably a $10 Million dollar player, if that, now

  3. #3
    @AdamSchefter: CB Nnamdi Asomugha is signing a 1-yr deal with 49ers worth $1.35 million in base salary, but get this: He didn't want ANY guaranteed money.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: CB Nnamdi Asomugha is signing a 1-yr deal with 49ers worth $1.35 million in base salary, but get this: He didn't want ANY guaranteed money.

    and to think this guy used to be Revis' contract role-model.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,885
    It's time to pay Revis what he's always been asking for....Nnamdi type money!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's time to pay Revis what he's always been asking for....Nnamdi type money!
    Lol, signed!

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,141
    The patience that Idzik is showing seems to really be the right strategy.
    Its almost like actual grownups are in charge of the Jets!

    We might actually be able to keep Revis for for a non-outrageous amount.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,786
    Honestly the Revis number cant be more than 10 now. The NFL is wising up to the CBs. You're not allowed to play pass defense!!! They are not as valuable as pass rushers. Period.

    Jets should offer 5 for 40. Fully guaranteed. And add significant holdout penalties.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,885
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    The patience that Idzik is showing seems to really be the right strategy.
    Its almost like actual grownups are in charge of the Jets!

    We might actually be able to keep Revis for for a non-outrageous amount.
    That would be the most amazing coup if it came to be!

    Idzik would come out a hero with an accomplishment simply by being patient and letting the market go to work all around us. Just watching and waiting, letting the market set itself and letting players realize what types of compensation are really available at this point.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,885
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    1 year deal for $3 Million

    Revis' dollars have to be coming down...Probably a $10 Million dollar player, if that, now
    (phone rings) "Hey Darrelle, it's John Idzik. We're ready to extend you and pay you. In fact, we think you're not only 20% better....or 50% better than Nnamdi Asomugha. We think you're TWICE as good....so we're ready to pay you TWICE what he makes. So what do you say...$6M per year....now, do you want 4 years or 5?"


  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,967
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Honestly the Revis number cant be more than 10 now. The NFL is wising up to the CBs. You're not allowed to play pass defense!!! They are not as valuable as pass rushers. Period.

    Jets should offer 5 for 40. Fully guaranteed. And add significant holdout penalties.
    I don't see it that way.

    All these DB's are signing 1 year deals because they know Revis is going drop the hammer on a deal next year. They don't want to be far behind.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,240
    Keep pouring the syrup on those hotcakes fatboy, and dont look now, but you wont command millions in the double digits soon.

    heehee.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,829
    Revis is twice the player Namdi is. Pay him 6 Mil per year!

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Honestly the Revis number cant be more than 10 now. The NFL is wising up to the CBs. You're not allowed to play pass defense!!! They are not as valuable as pass rushers. Period.

    Jets should offer 5 for 40. Fully guaranteed. And add significant holdout penalties.
    But what do we do if Revis rejects signing with the Jets at this time?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I don't see it that way.

    All these DB's are signing 1 year deals because they know Revis is going drop the hammer on a deal next year. They don't want to be far behind.
    And why would teams all of a sudden decide CB's values are higher? Because Revis got more?

    One year deals are being signed by all positions - it's not a CB thing.

  16. #16
    Dooooooonnnnnnnt. Caaaaaaaaaaaaare

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,642
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    1 year deal for $3 Million

    Revis' dollars have to be coming down...Probably a $10 Million dollar player, if that, now
    That's what I call a market correction . Awesome-wah!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Keep pouring the syrup on those hotcakes fatboy, and dont look now, but you wont command millions in the double digits soon.

    heehee.
    yes he will, He will get more than 10 mill as a FA, he won't get it as part of a trade though.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    yes he will, He will get more than 10 mill as a FA, he won't get it as part of a trade though.
    But can he take that risk? What if he's lost a step because of the injury? He won't get paid then.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,232
    Revis should assume his own injury risk for the rest of his football career and sign a succession of one year contracts. He is going to hold out every year he is healthy or not under duress from a hold-out clause.

    So in essence he would be doing the NFL a favour if he stuck to one year contracts and have a yearly bidding war for his services.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us