Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Nnamdi a 49er

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,228
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    That's exactly why, he will set the market.

    That's what is happening with QB's and it's what happened when we re-signed Harris after all the ILB signed a couple years ago.
    Not necessarily, there is a market already in place, and a salary cap that is predictable now. The growth of the salary cap is not nearly as much as it was anticipated prior to the new CBA. There are only a couple CBs making at least 10 million right now. Revis will be the highest paid CB, but he isnt really setting the market, his number is predicated by the current CB market.

  2. #42
    sounds like a nice plan but i wonder if they've factored in an injury allowance? one bad hit and they could also be out of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    I don't see it that way.

    All these DB's are signing 1 year deals because they know Revis is going drop the hammer on a deal next year. They don't want to be far behind.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,729
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    QB is the only position that wins you championships and if you're talking defense a CB like revis is absolutely a premium position. revis is the only shutdown corner in the NFL... the kind of talent you have to gameplan around similar to what teams do to great pass rushers. the reason I'm for keeping revis (assuming the $ isn't ludicrous) is that if you can somehow add a real pass rush we could be talking about building a real elite defense that can impose it's will on the game. but if we're talking trade we really need those first rounders back so we can build ammo to trade up for a QB and go in a different team direction. we can't lose talent like revis without a real plan to replace it
    we had the second ranked secondary without Revis last year. I think we can do without him if we get a few good picks to help stock the team. A real paasrush will more then make up for losing Mevis.

  4. #44
    Tampa is officially the only team left that is even remotely interested in Revis. Time to let Revis earn his next contract playing as a Jet next season and helping us return to the playoffs.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    we had the second ranked secondary without Revis last year. I think we can do without him if we get a few good picks to help stock the team. A real paasrush will more then make up for losing Mevis.
    Wishful thinking. Even if we get a good safety who plays well right off the bat its assuming alot that they will be even close to what Laron Landry was last season. Landry had an all-pro season for us. Ditto for Cro don't be shocked if he doesn't continue that superhuman performance again.

  6. #46
    This is actually good news for those of us who want Revis on the roster. With SF signing Nnamdi, Revis's potential suitors are drying up.

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,770
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    (phone rings) "Hey Darrelle, it's John Idzik. We're ready to extend you and pay you. In fact, we think you're not only 20% better....or 50% better than Nnamdi Asomugha. We think you're TWICE as good....so we're ready to pay you TWICE what he makes. So what do you say...$6M per year....now, do you want 4 years or 5?"


    +1
    awesome post

  8. #48
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,770
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Wishful thinking. Even if we get a good safety who plays well right off the bat its assuming alot that they will be even close to what Laron Landry was last season. Landry had an all-pro season for us. Ditto for Cro don't be shocked if he doesn't continue that superhuman performance again.
    Landry was solid as h3ll! Mistake not signing him, unless they were too broke...

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    This is actually good news for those of us who want Revis on the roster. With SF signing Nnamdi, Revis's potential suitors are drying up.
    That like saying ... If Peyton manning became a free agent his suitors would be drying up. Suitors for the best player at an impact position never 'dry up'

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tampa is officially the only team left that is even remotely interested in Revis. Time to let Revis earn his next contract playing as a Jet next season and helping us return to the playoffs.
    I wouldn't rule out Atlanta after they lost both Brent Grimes (Dolphins) and Dunta Robinson (Chiefs). They share a division and perhaps Revis would be happier to land in Atlanta as he's routinely spotted wearing a Falcons cap around the world.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Jets will be contenders next year (2014/15) In today's league it only takes a year - jets are in good cap position after this year. If they find a QB (I know that's a big if)
    They will certainly be in playoff contention.

    We can't assume they won't find a QB, if we do that we can't ever assume they'll be ready

    Sorry, way too many missing pieces. Plus a bad organization. Plus a bad coach. Plus a bad history.
    reworking will take a while.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us