Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does Rex Ryan Keep His Job?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    It's clear the difference is qb. Flacco use to be just slightly above ave qb, few pegs ahead of mark before his downfall in 11,12. Jets were playoff team when mark was skating by, as was Balt. Flacco was better then Sanchez obviously, but teams were about even.. Flacco really turned it around this year, stepped up HUGE in every playoff game that's why they won. Sanchez ****thebed in both AFCC games jets were in, where as flacco shined..
    its way more than flacco. a qb stirs the drink but lets not forget about ray rice,boldin,smith and that dominating defense.

It's clear the difference is qb. Flacco use to be just slightly above ave qb, few pegs ahead of mark before his downfall in 11,12. Jets were playoff team when mark was skating by, as was Balt. Flacco was better then Sanchez obviously, but teams were about even.. Flacco really turned it around this year, stepped up HUGE in every playoff game that's why they won. Sanchez ****thebed in both AFCC games jets were in, where as flacco shined..
    Well said, and so obviously true.When your QB is stinking it up, your team is stinking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Well said, and so obviously true.When your QB is stinking it up, your team is stinking it up.
    so it looks like rexs plan for this upcoming season at qb is garrard if sanchez fails again.

id say rex ryan has all but written his ticket out of ny/nj.

There was hope that Sanchez would have gotton his head screwed on straight.He has good skills, Tebow has none, why can't you understand that?
    i promise you if Stanton was there last year, Sanchez would have been yanked early on
    What Jeff Hostetler / Frank Reich-like run led by Drew Stanton did I miss that has everyone here swearing he would have been able to unseat Mark last year? For all we know, he could have been just as bad as the rest of the crap we trot out at QB. I'm sorry but there's no way there's enough NFL film on Drew Stanton to make any definitive statements on what he would have done last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    "King of shtick," eh?

Well, that's better than being what many perceive Sunna Gun 3rd, which is just a total prick.
    I apologize

Didn't realize you were the OP.

My bad.

You are a fine poster and unlike the King of Shtick don't have nannies nor drive a leased starter set german car

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

You are a fine poster and unlike the King of Shtick don't have nannies nor drive a leased starter set german car
    Per the site owner and administrator, you are not allowed to refer to me try to antagonize me on the boards.

I will be happy to ask him for clarification if you like.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Show me where your user name appears anywhere in my post

Others make direct responses to your deliberate attempts to rile them up and namecall.

I merely chuckle at your masterful comedic modus operandus. You are the best

Hall Of Fame
    You're right. But how much of Sanchez's futility does Rex get the blame for. IMO Rex, Sanchez, and Tanny were joined at the hip. All for one and one for all. If Tanny deserved to be fired then the other two deserved their walking papers too.

Rex never wanted Brad smith gone. Never wanted Edwards gone. As a head coach he never reworked contracts, or gave guaranteed money to problem players. Ryan never agreed to overpay David Harris, that was all Tanny.And Ryan wasn;t the one trying to be the mover and shaker buy trading away picks to move up for players, his moves are the main reason why we are where we are.
    Rex and Tanny were a team. They were falling all over themselves trying to romance Aso and that is what cost them Brad Smith. Rex was a huge advocate for Santonio AND he made him captain. And of course Rex had a role in paying Harris that contract.

Rex got to come in here and in year one got to pick his QB, bring in his high-priced LB for his defense. Then we traded for Braylon and Holmes and systematically got rid of every single leader that was brought here under the Tanny-Mangini regime.

Rex got his mulligan in 2011. He earned it. But he repeated the same mistakes in 2012. That is a mortal sin for coaches. I don't care about the Revis and Holmes injuries. This team would have been just as bad with them. Rex was the one championing Sparano. Rex has simply never grown as a HC.

I wonder what makes you guys think anything is going to change. Idzik is going to get rid of him after this year. The only thing keeping him here is his contract.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-03-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Playoffs every year + division title = more than anything Rex has ever done.

Of course we have proof. Baltimore has improved under Harbaugh while the Jets have disintegrated under Rex the past two years. They both got to pick their QBs. Harbaugh has helped his turn into a SB MVP while Rex's QB has become a national folly.
    They both made it to conference layoff games. What they did was similar enough. The Ravens did have much more talent. You can't argue this, especially the past 2 seasons.

Those who think everything related to this team is inferior to others don't see the obvious.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They both made it to conference layoff games. What they did was similar enough. The Ravens did have much more talent. You can't argue this, especially the past 2 seasons.

Those who think everything related to this team is inferior to others don't see the obvious.
    I agree about the last two seasons. But Rex had a hand in that. He has to get blame for that.

In Rex's first two years we were on equal footing with them talent wise.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Rex Ryan is a terrible head coach.

You're like the only person on Earth who thinks otherwise.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Matt Leinart is a terrible qb.

I'm like the only person on Earth who thinks otherwise.

SAR I
    fixed

I agree about the last two seasons. But Rex had a hand in that. He has to get blame for that.

In Rex's first two years we were on equal footing with them talent wise.
    Rex was the driving force behind our two best draft picks the last 2 seasons Wilkerson and Coples. TBH the 2011 and 2012 drafts so far have not been bad at all we just had one awful draft in 2010 that looked like it was the result of our FO having victory disease and thinking they could draft an undersized Boise St Corner and a raw-as-hell UMASS OT in the first 2 rounds.

Tanny, and I suppose to a much lesser extent Rex, gets the lions share of the blame for not making any good low to mid-level FA signings and neglecting small but important details like Blocking TE, 3rd Down RB and depth at WR.

And are you guys seriously going to blame Rex for the Tebow disaster? That has Woody Johnson written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Rex was the driving force behind our two best draft picks the last 2 seasons Wilkerson and Coples. TBH the 2011 and 2012 drafts so far have not been bad at all we just had one awful draft in 2010 that looked like it was the result of our FO having victory disease and thinking they could draft an undersized Boise St Corner and a raw-as-hell UMASS OT in the first 2 rounds.

Tanny, and I suppose to a much lesser extent Rex, gets the lions share of the blame for not making any good low to mid-level FA signings and neglecting small but important details like Blocking TE, 3rd Down RB and depth at WR.

And are you guys seriously going to blame Rex for the Tebow disaster? That has Woody Johnson written all over it.
    2 picks in 4 years. REX, IMO is so far below average in talent evaluation.

he hand picked Conner, cut Woodhead, please He needs less involvement in the personnel.

Per the site owner and administrator, you are not allowed to refer to me try to antagonize me on the boards.

I will be happy to ask him for clarification if you like.

SAR I
    Waaah!! I'm going to tell my Mommy

Let's get back to the discussion kids.

It wouls help Rexy if he drafted someone like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfI4ua6dDw

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Please, the criticism comes from the decline of this team and the inability of Rex to address the offensive side of the ball. Most fans are not 12 year olds and are simply down on Rex because they were jilted by his false proclamations. Most of us knew when Rex was talking the talk that it could all come down on him when things went bad. Rex isnt the coach of the Jets because he earned another year, he is the coach because Woody doesnt want to pay 4 years worth of salary to his fired HC and GM, plus the additional money for his new HC and GM.
    I was with you right up until there. You're absolutely foolish if you believe that. You honestly think Woody kept Rex because of only money and did not look at Rex's achievements with the team?

PLEASE, let me know whatever you are on, so I can avoid it like the plague.

And for you to think it is ONLY a money thing is equally ridiculous. You see how many whiny, little p*ssies there are on this site? They'd use ANY reason they could to hate him.

All Pro
    Rex Ryan is a terrible head coach.

You're like the only person on Earth who thinks otherwise.

SAR I
    Both of those statements are beyond ignorant. You used to be coherent enough that people were unsure whether or not you were serious. Now you've just gone off the deep end. Your opinions, as ill reasoned as they are, are one thing, but those two statements are not opinions, and easily refuted, worthy of a GMC. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 04-04-2013 at 06:49 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    2 picks in 4 years. REX, IMO is so far below average in talent evaluation.

he hand picked Conner, cut Woodhead, please He needs less involvement in the personnel.
    He's a coach. Not a GM

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    What Jeff Hostetler / Frank Reich-like run led by Drew Stanton did I miss that has everyone here swearing he would have been able to unseat Mark last year? For all we know, he could have been just as bad as the rest of the crap we trot out at QB. I'm sorry but there's no way there's enough NFL film on Drew Stanton to make any definitive statements on what he would have done last year.
    Im not saying Stanton would have been good. But his skills are legit, tebows aren't, thats why ryan stuck with sanchez so long, no better option

You're right. But how much of Sanchez's futility does Rex get the blame for. IMO Rex, Sanchez, and Tanny were joined at the hip. All for one and one for all. If Tanny deserved to be fired then the other two deserved their walking papers too.

Rex and Tanny were a team. They were falling all over themselves trying to romance Aso and that is what cost them Brad Smith. Rex was a huge advocate for Santonio AND he made him captain. And of course Rex had a role in paying Harris that contract.

Rex got to come in here and in year one got to pick his QB, bring in his high-priced LB for his defense. Then we traded for Braylon and Holmes and systematically got rid of every single leader that was brought here under the Tanny-Mangini regime.

Rex got his mulligan in 2011. He earned it. But he repeated the same mistakes in 2012. That is a mortal sin for coaches. I don't care about the Revis and Holmes injuries. This team would have been just as bad with them. Rex was the one championing Sparano. Rex has simply never grown as a HC.

I wonder what makes you guys think anything is going to change. Idzik is going to get rid of him after this year. The only thing keeping him here is his contract.
    Cmon DD. You think Rex ran up to Tanny and told him how much to pay Harris. You, or i, have no idea if Ryan was banging the desk for Holmes. As far as the caption stuff, it was a mistake, he admitted it.It didn't lose us any games. I'll say this till the day i die, Sparano was a tanny choice, because of their ties to parcells.