Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Does Rex Ryan Keep His Job?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good point.

Initially, I was really ecstatic when we hired Rex. Now, after watching his performance as our HC and being the face/voice of the team, I just don't believe he has the mettle to be an NFL HC. I agree with you that he will always find a place an a DC.
    Believe me I'm right there with you. I feel he needs a serious kick in the ego, AND takes it to heart that he needs to change before he can ever truly be a good head coach. I just don't see it though. He's way too arrogant and cocky to do so IMO. He will always be a highly compensated DC, commanding top dollar at that position which is well over a million a year. From what I have read the better athlete/analysts are only making a few hundred thousand a year so there would be a paycut if that's true. Here's the thing though-Rex definitely has the entertainment quality to be on tv, but does he have the bullsh*t factor? His press conferences are awful because he's just flat out incapable of delivering a message that is obviously the "pc" response even if it isn't the truth. The tv analysts are all paid to essentially "lie" and take oppositional stances on subjects to generate a story. Could you possibly see Rex sitting in front of a camera talking about how great a QB Tim Tebow might be, for example?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Another "when will Rex go" or "what will he need to do to keep his job" thread and the usual moron parade shows up lead by the county idiot.

Throw in an occasional new theory...he was set up to quit but wants the money. Can't get any dumber than that one.

baltimore and harbaugh did quite well for themselves without rex ryan.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    baltimore and harbaugh did quite well for themselves without rex ryan.
    Yes they did.

But until they won a SB this year he accomplished no more than Rex did here.

He has had more talent on his teams in Balt, on both sides of the ball than Rex has had.

And you have no proof that Rex wouldn't have accomplished the same, more or less than Harbaugh did in Balt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes they did.

But until they won a SB this year he accomplished no more than Rex did here.

He has had more talent on his teams in Balt, on both sides of the ball than Rex has had.

And you have no proof that Rex wouldn't have accomplished the same, more or less than Harbaugh did in Balt.
    the proof is rex is no longer employed as a coach in baltimore.

baltimore won the super bowl without rex.

what more proof do you need?

rex is and wasnt missed.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If the Jets go 1-15, a distinct possibility, and Woody gets aggressive for once and goes for broke on a top-notch NFL GM, Idzik will be gone.

He'll stay with the organization, after all he was a top-notch office administrator with Seattle, as our VP of Operations or something, but he won't be our GM in that scenario.

New guy or not, he bears the responsibility for all the players we just lost and the goose egg of players we bring in. It sucks, but that's life in the big city, that's what you get when you take the worst FO job in the NFL.

SAR I
    bahaha.. Not a chance Izdik is gone after 1 year.. The only way Jets could possibly go 1-15 is if Rex wasn't here, His D alone will get 6 wins. That and Mark Sanchez would be left in no matter how bad he plays, not this year. He will be on a short leash..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

the proof is rex is no longer employed as a coach in baltimore.

baltimore won the super bowl without rex.

what more proof do you need?

rex is and wasnt missed.
    Thats stupid way to rate anyone. Ot to think you've proven a thing to anyone other than yourself.

Doesn't take personnel or talent into account. If you think the Jets and Ravens have the same exact talent level then you need to take time out and rethink being a football fan.

Thats stupid way to rate anyone. Ot to think you've proven a thing to anyone other than yourself.

Doesn't take personnel or talent into account. If you think the Jets and Ravens have the same exact talent level then you need to take time out and rethink being a football fan.
    the nyjets made it to 2 afc championship games (the holy grail) too many. so talent wise they had better talent in 2009-2010 than baltimore. rex failed to get this team to the super bowl twice.

2011-2012 brought us mediocre football. where rex ryan failed to deliver anythng but sanchez gives us the best chance to win bull****.

let me know when your done in timeout.

Hall Of Fame

Harbaugh made tough decisions in the middle of the season. He realized his OC was not cutting it and made a change, he realized his O-line needed to get better and shuffled around a few guys. Those are moves that Rex would never make in the middle of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Harbaugh made tough decisions in the middle of the season. He realized his OC was not cutting it and made a change, he realized his O-line needed to get better and shuffled around a few guys. Those are moves that Rex would never make in the middle of the season.
    perfect examples of how a good coach deals with problems.

instead we hear sanchez gives us the best chance to win loss after loss.

Hall Of Fame

Another "when will Rex go" or "what will he need to do to keep his job" thread and the usual moron parade shows up lead by the county idiot.

Throw in an occasional new theory...he was set up to quit but wants the money. Can't get any dumber than that one.
    Wow, you really are a piece of work.

I see that being given timeouts here has not improved your manners towards your fellow posters to any appreciable degree. You really ought to think a little harder about how this makes YOU look because I can tell you that the optics are not good.

Veteran
    The Jets should have a new coach every year, if you don't win the Super Bowl, fire him, we should do this until we win one, when we do we can keep him them.

Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB View Post
    The Jets should have a new coach every year, if you don't win the Super Bowl, fire him, we should do this until we win one, when we do we can keep him them.
    thats as ridiculous as rex ryan promising us a super bowl.

what we ultimately want is a super bowl but we want a coach who strives to improve this team game to game season to season.

rex ryan has failed us on all levels.

perfect examples of how a good coach deals with problems.

instead we hear sanchez gives us the best chance to win loss after loss.
    What QB, gave us the best chance to win?If you say Tebow,grab a bottle of Jack and repost in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    What QB, gave us the best chance to win?If you say Tebow,grab a bottle of Jack and repost in the morning.
    sanchez reached low points last season he was as bad as bad gets.

any qb but sanchez would have given us a better chance at winning.

on the roster was tebow.mcelroy and id go as far as kerley.

thats as ridiculous as rex ryan promising us a super bowl.

what we ultimately want is a super bowl but we want a coach who strives to improve this team game to game season to season.

rex ryan has failed us on all levels.
    What would any other coach have done to improve this team with the personal that was provided for him, buy Mike T?

sanchez reached low points last season he was as bad as bad gets.

any qb but sanchez would have given us a better chance at winning.

on the roster was tebow.mcelroy and id go as far as kerley.
    Oh Please, Tebow has no QB skills, thats why no team in the NFL wants him. Mcelroy got his chance, and was worse than Sanchez ever was, and Kerley isn't a QB.

What would any other coach have done to improve this team with the personal that was provided for him, buy Mike T?
    a change at qb would have been the first thing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Wow, you really are a piece of work.

I see that being given timeouts here has not improved your manners towards your fellow posters to any appreciable degree. You really ought to think a little harder about how this makes YOU look because I can tell you that the optics are not good.
    Don't even bother with that one.

I realized a looooong time ago some trash is better to be left outside. Just don't even bother to acknowledge.

Oh Please, Tebow has no QB skills, thats why no team in the NFL wants him. Mcelroy got his chance, and was worse than Sanchez ever was, and Kerley isn't a QB.
    so basically if im reading this correctly. NOTHNG has been done to improve this years team either. garrard is a washed up old broken down qb with little or nothng to offer. ( i hope im dead wrong)