Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Dream Scenario for 2014

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Dream Scenario for 2014

Imagine.....

We don't draft a QB this year, and finish dead last in the league.

Tampa trades for Revis, and the stipulations on it turning into a first rounder are on playing time and signing contract.
    They suck the big one, and have the 2nd pick overall, leaving us with the 1st and 2nd pick in 2014:

1st pick: Teddy Bridgewater/Johnny Manziel/any other QB who rises.
    2nd pick: Jadeveon Clowney.

One can dream, can't they?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would cream myself

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any scenario where we get Clowney is a dream scenario

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are going to surprise a lot of people this year in my opinion. I think we are going to a .500 or close to it team.

My best case scenario is that if we trade Revis we get a 1st and 2nd next year and then have some legit ammo to trade up if we feel it necessary.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol... i was taking a sh*t the other day, and thought about the same scenario. Like what if we ended up with 2 picks in the top 3 or whatever.

Ya, that'd be the most insane thing in NFL draft history - with Teddy and Clowney nonetheless!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Lol... i was taking a sh*t the other day, and thought about the same scenario. Like what if we ended up with 2 picks in the top 3 or whatever.

Ya, that'd be the most insane thing in NFL draft history - with Teddy and Clowney nonetheless!!
    The Colts had 1-2 years ago and went Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt, but a QB and THEN Clowney.....Could you imagine our Defense if we had Coples, Wilkerson, Jarvis Jones and Jadeveon Clowney all rushing the QB at the same time?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    The Colts had 1-2 years ago and went Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt, but a QB and THEN Clowney.....Could you imagine our Defense if we had Coples, Wilkerson, Jarvis Jones and Jadeveon Clowney all rushing the QB at the same time?
    You left out the part where both of those guys turned out to be nearly worthless (one due to injury but still...)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clowney and Bridgewater would be worth not seeing the Jets win a single game next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    While not a dream scenario, the Jets could realistically have two first round picks and two second round picks next year. 4 picks in the top 50 or so would be nice.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Imagine.....

We don't draft a QB this year, and finish dead last in the league.

Tampa trades for Revis, and the stipulations on it turning into a first rounder are on playing time and signing contract.
    They suck the big one, and have the 2nd pick overall, leaving us with the 1st and 2nd pick in 2014:

1st pick: Teddy Bridgewater/Johnny Manziel/any other QB who rises.
    2nd pick: Jadeveon Clowney.

One can dream, can't they?
    Any "dream" scenario that does not have us picking 32nd, by definition sucks hard.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. I have actually mentioned this a couple of times. A complete pipe dream but it is fun to dream about it.

I think if we traded Revis to Oakland we would have a better chance.

Realistically (for lack of a better word) our best bet would be to get the #1 overall pick via sucking in 2013 and pray that the teams that are drafting 2nd or 3rd already have their QB, similar to the situation that the Rams were in. Trade Revis wherever after the 2013 draft and use that pick along with future picks to move up. I wouldn't be opposed to Idzik doing this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dream scenario is us having the 32 pick next year. Funny how we differ in dreams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    My dream scenario is us having the 32 pick next year. Funny how we differ in dreams.
    If this Jets team won a SB, it throw us back into the stone-age.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    If this Jets team won a SB, it throw us back into the stone-age.
    Even so why do we have to finish last why not TB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Any "dream" scenario that does not have us picking 32nd, by definition sucks hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    LOL -- you guys beat me to it.

In fact, I wasn't even going the SB route. I'd MUCH rather dream that players like Coples, Wilk, Ellis, Hill, Kerley, Davis, and this year's draft picks are the real deal. I'll take that over tanking a season any day.

30 teams WON'T end up with either of those guys, but I don't think they'll pack it in for the next decade . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny b/c my dream scenario is the Jets going 9-7, getting a wildcard and Mike Francesa having a heart attack and dying on air.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    A Jets fan dreaming we have the worst record in the league in 2013

WooooooHoooooo

Are you f-ing kidding me?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Johnny Football greatest sport moment already happened

He will never be an NFL QB

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko View Post
    He will never be an NFL QB
    Not so sure about that but he is not 1st round talent. If he goes 1st round it will be anther Tebow like pick by an owner looking to make a quick buck. Would also likely make his career a death sentence IMO. Logically you can draft him as a project but he doesn't have NFL ability to draft as an expected starter. 3-5 round value based on the potential. He could very well be a very good BU.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    LOL -- you guys beat me to it.

In fact, I wasn't even going the SB route. I'd MUCH rather dream that players like Coples, Wilk, Ellis, Hill, Kerley, Davis, and this year's draft picks are the real deal. I'll take that over tanking a season any day.

30 teams WON'T end up with either of those guys, but I don't think they'll pack it in for the next decade . . .
    Hell Yeah!! Now that's a real man talking