Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Dream Scenario for 2014

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,875

    Dream Scenario for 2014

    Imagine.....

    We don't draft a QB this year, and finish dead last in the league.

    Tampa trades for Revis, and the stipulations on it turning into a first rounder are on playing time and signing contract.
    They suck the big one, and have the 2nd pick overall, leaving us with the 1st and 2nd pick in 2014:

    1st pick: Teddy Bridgewater/Johnny Manziel/any other QB who rises.
    2nd pick: Jadeveon Clowney.


    One can dream, can't they?

  2. #2
    i would cream myself

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Any scenario where we get Clowney is a dream scenario

  4. #4
    The Jets are going to surprise a lot of people this year in my opinion. I think we are going to a .500 or close to it team.

    My best case scenario is that if we trade Revis we get a 1st and 2nd next year and then have some legit ammo to trade up if we feel it necessary.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Lol... i was taking a sh*t the other day, and thought about the same scenario. Like what if we ended up with 2 picks in the top 3 or whatever.

    Ya, that'd be the most insane thing in NFL draft history - with Teddy and Clowney nonetheless!!

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Lol... i was taking a sh*t the other day, and thought about the same scenario. Like what if we ended up with 2 picks in the top 3 or whatever.

    Ya, that'd be the most insane thing in NFL draft history - with Teddy and Clowney nonetheless!!
    The Colts had 1-2 years ago and went Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt, but a QB and THEN Clowney.....Could you imagine our Defense if we had Coples, Wilkerson, Jarvis Jones and Jadeveon Clowney all rushing the QB at the same time?

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    The Colts had 1-2 years ago and went Steve Emtman and Quentin Coryatt, but a QB and THEN Clowney.....Could you imagine our Defense if we had Coples, Wilkerson, Jarvis Jones and Jadeveon Clowney all rushing the QB at the same time?
    You left out the part where both of those guys turned out to be nearly worthless (one due to injury but still...)

  8. #8
    Clowney and Bridgewater would be worth not seeing the Jets win a single game next year.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,928
    While not a dream scenario, the Jets could realistically have two first round picks and two second round picks next year. 4 picks in the top 50 or so would be nice.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Imagine.....

    We don't draft a QB this year, and finish dead last in the league.

    Tampa trades for Revis, and the stipulations on it turning into a first rounder are on playing time and signing contract.
    They suck the big one, and have the 2nd pick overall, leaving us with the 1st and 2nd pick in 2014:

    1st pick: Teddy Bridgewater/Johnny Manziel/any other QB who rises.
    2nd pick: Jadeveon Clowney.


    One can dream, can't they?
    Any "dream" scenario that does not have us picking 32nd, by definition sucks hard.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,758
    Yeah. I have actually mentioned this a couple of times. A complete pipe dream but it is fun to dream about it.

    I think if we traded Revis to Oakland we would have a better chance.

    Realistically (for lack of a better word) our best bet would be to get the #1 overall pick via sucking in 2013 and pray that the teams that are drafting 2nd or 3rd already have their QB, similar to the situation that the Rams were in. Trade Revis wherever after the 2013 draft and use that pick along with future picks to move up. I wouldn't be opposed to Idzik doing this.

  12. #12
    My dream scenario is us having the 32 pick next year. Funny how we differ in dreams.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    My dream scenario is us having the 32 pick next year. Funny how we differ in dreams.
    If this Jets team won a SB, it throw us back into the stone-age.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    If this Jets team won a SB, it throw us back into the stone-age.
    Even so why do we have to finish last why not TB?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Any "dream" scenario that does not have us picking 32nd, by definition sucks hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    My dream scenario is us having the 32 pick next year. Funny how we differ in dreams.
    LOL -- you guys beat me to it.

    In fact, I wasn't even going the SB route. I'd MUCH rather dream that players like Coples, Wilk, Ellis, Hill, Kerley, Davis, and this year's draft picks are the real deal. I'll take that over tanking a season any day.

    30 teams WON'T end up with either of those guys, but I don't think they'll pack it in for the next decade . . .

  16. #16
    That's funny b/c my dream scenario is the Jets going 9-7, getting a wildcard and Mike Francesa having a heart attack and dying on air.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,337
    A Jets fan dreaming we have the worst record in the league in 2013

    WooooooHoooooo

    Are you f-ing kidding me?

  18. #18

    Johnny Football greatest sport moment already happened

    He will never be an NFL QB

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko View Post
    He will never be an NFL QB
    Not so sure about that but he is not 1st round talent. If he goes 1st round it will be anther Tebow like pick by an owner looking to make a quick buck. Would also likely make his career a death sentence IMO. Logically you can draft him as a project but he doesn't have NFL ability to draft as an expected starter. 3-5 round value based on the potential. He could very well be a very good BU.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    LOL -- you guys beat me to it.

    In fact, I wasn't even going the SB route. I'd MUCH rather dream that players like Coples, Wilk, Ellis, Hill, Kerley, Davis, and this year's draft picks are the real deal. I'll take that over tanking a season any day.

    30 teams WON'T end up with either of those guys, but I don't think they'll pack it in for the next decade . . .
    Hell Yeah!! Now that's a real man talking

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us