Thread: Tannenbaum hired as agent to rep coaches.

Hall Of Fame

Tannenbaum hired as agent to rep coaches.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Priority Sports just put out a press release announcing Mike Tannenbaum has been hired as an agent to rep coaches, confirming CBS report.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Ex-Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum joining Priority Sports as an agent repping coaches, according to @BFeldmanCBS. #Jets

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 12m
    Interesting twist: Fmr NFL exec Mike Tannenbaum is joining Priority Sports as an agent repping coaches, per source.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    More on Mike Tannenbaum becoming an agent repping coaches: Former Jets GM graduated Cum Laude from Tulane Law School

Good for him, I think that is job right up his alley.

Former Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum has found a new job in which he’ll be negotiating contracts, but from the other side of the bargaining table.

As first reported by Bruce Feldman of CBS, Tannenbaum is joining Priority Sports as an agent representing coaches. PFT has confirmed with Tannenbaum that Priority Sports will be opening a New York office, where Tannenbaum will be based, and that he will have a hand in both football and basketball, college and pro.

Tannenbaum is a graduate of Tulane Law School and knows the inner workings of the football business, so the move makes sense for him. Time will tell if Tannenbaum makes this a long-term career change, or if he gets the itch to jump back into an NFL front office if the right opportunity arises.

After seven years as the Jets’ general manager, Tannenbaum was fired at the end of the 2012 season. He had previously worked as the Jets’ director of player contract negotiations and as senior vice president of football operations and assistant general manager.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-for-coaches/

Former New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum To Represent Coaches And Broadcasters

Mike Tannenbaum served as the general manager of the New York Jets from 2006 through 2012, when he was told by Jets owner, Woody Johnson, that the team was going in a different direction in 2013 and Tannenbaum would not retain his position going forward. Tannenbaum, a graduate of Tulane University Law School, accepted the announcement with professionalism, and released a statement that said, in part, “I am confident that the base we’ve established will allow the New York Jets to continue a winning tradition for years to come and I wish everyone in the organization the best of luck.”

Today, Tannenbaum will embark on a new opportunity in the world of sports business, as a member of full-service agency, Priority Sports & Entertainment. Tannenbaum has been named President of the agency’s brand new Coaches, Front Office & Broadcasters Division, and will oversee all contract negotiation and representation of basketball and football coaches for both professional and college sports from his office in New York.

“I am thrilled to join a fantastic team at Priority Sports & Entertainment. It’s a tremendous company with no shortage of talented people and I only hope to add to the firm’s sterling reputation throughout the industry,” said Tannenbaum.

The hiring of Tannenbaum gives Priority Sports & Entertainment, led by CEO Mark Bartelstein, offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta. It also gives the company a lot of credibility as it expands into the area of representing coaches, front office personnel and broadcasters. Priority Sports is currently known for its strong football and basketball divisions, which represent Arian Foster, David Lee, Chandler Parsons and Bradley Beal, among others.

“For us to be able to add an executive of the caliber of Mike Tannenbaum is an absolute home run for our company and our clients,” said Bartelstein.

”We couldn’t be happier to have Mike on board. We are extremely excited about establishing the new division, which is a perfect fit for Priority Sports & Entertainment.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...-broadcasters/

Hall Of Fame
    Judging by some of the contract he gave players, he would make an excellent agent.

I hope his first HC negotiation is to represent Rex trying to find a new job for 2014.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Cano has Jay-Z

The coaches get Lay-Z

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Cano has Jay-Z

The coaches get Lay-Z

-
    Cute

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I hope his first HC negotiation is to represent Rex trying to find a new job for 2014.
    why hope that!! how about hoping rex has a killer year and home playoff game and home super bowl that what you should hope for

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Judging by some of the contract he gave players, he would make an excellent agent.
    exactly what I was going to say ha. Here is his top sales pitch " I got the worst qb in the league a guaranteed contract that makes him virtually uncuttable"

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Who is Mike Tannebaum?

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    why hope that!! how about hoping rex has a killer year and home playoff game and home super bowl that what you should hope for
    because that's improbable. I don't live in a world of delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    exactly what I was going to say ha. Here is his top sales pitch " I got the worst qb in the league a guaranteed contract that makes him virtually uncuttable"
    +10

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Good for him ... Hope it works out

Ljr

Good for MT. Thank you for some of the good years, and we're still pissed for some of the bad. All in all, good luck on your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Good for him, I think that is job right up his alley.

Yup. Belongs nowhere near an NFL front office. Never did. Only Woody Johnson would have ever hired Tanny as a GM.

Tanny was a goof ... I'm glad he's far far far away from here

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Tanny was a goof ... I'm glad he's far far far away from here
    Was he a goof when he brought your boy Ladainian?