Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Rutgers Mike Rice

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    If they paid off his contact, what would be the grounds for suing? Don't they have the right to let him go under those conditions?
    I did not hear/read that.

    If they paid off his contract, then no cause of action.

    Did he get the payout?

    Must research before asking questions

    _

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I did not hear/read that.

    If they paid off his contract, then no cause of action.

    Did he get the payout?

    Must research before asking questions

    _
    Yeah, they're into him for 1 - 2 million I think, plus a $100K bonus for the last game he coached.

  3. #63
    I read they still owe rice and pernetti vehicle allowances and health benefits through 2014. Where is the beloved governor to intervene on all this scandalous contractural agreements.

  4. #64
    Rutger's VP and General Counsel has also resigned on this matter. He advised the GM. Next: the Pres.
    Don't know the details of their contracts, but you can not physically abuse people. Cause for immediate termination in any business.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Murdock is the biggest Sc**bag of all.
    Agreed. A rat's rat.

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,911
    They all should be fired - that simple. This is a University that suffered a huge setback when Kevin Bannon was their coach and he had them stripping for missed free throws in practice.
    You are the AD - you know that Rice had a reputation as a hot head before he came to the interview, yet you hire him? Why would you risk your career and potentially tarnish the basketball program even more?
    What University President, in today's society, does not even look at the tapes when the original issue surfaced??!! (he said he didn't see them, but supported the disciplinary action and fine).
    You fine your coach 50K and sit him 3 games, but do not view the tapes?
    If he is telling the truth, then that is good enough reason to show him the door as well. This is a University President?? Parents - reconsider sending them to RU while he is still around because his judgment and administrative know how is severely lacking.
    Many pumping their chests to the fact that the AD got them into the Big 10 and that is a reason to consider keeping him. Why is that so great?? - because of money $$$. Rutgers could not handle what was thrown at them from the Big East. Football in the Big East sucks and every knows that; so their recent winning records are filled with some weak independent opponents, as well as the fact that they struggled with the league schedule down the stretch. The Big 10 is going to devour this athletic program, never mind the football team.
    All of this money is not going in the bank folks... it costs a lot of frogs to send your teams to Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan. Travel and hotel expenses, increased insurance, etc. Rutgers athletics has never given back in dividends what that the taxpayer has put into this department. They loom as a mediocre sports program, year in and year out. You can discount the occasional star, such as women's basketball, but be real, Rutgers does not maintain a big time consistency in most anything.
    The AD had one story to tell on one press conference and then a different tale the next day. Right away, you can assume that all the liars are stepping up to cover their ass.
    Fire them all.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    This is nonsense. It was brought to his attention by someone looking to blackmail him. Punishment and prevention were instilled. Look at the facts and don't let the media steer your emotions. Now we have the Daily News wheel out Frischilla as a character witness for Murdock. No one remembers that Fran was fired for the exact. Same. Thing.
    If in fact there was a coverup then fire Tim too. I've seen no evidence even from a blood thirsty media.
    You are wrong. Frischilla NEVER was accused of putting his hands on players like Rice. And I am no fan of Fran; in fact, I think he's a dirtbag. What got him fired was his locker room antics -- dropping his pants to the players exposing his little azz and balls. Once the university management found out about it, he was fired immediately despite his success on the court and recruiting. This happened 15 or so years ago and we didn't have the backdrop of the PSU scandal. RU handled this poorly given the recent history of NCAA scandals. Everyone, including the President, deserves to be fired.

  8. #68
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...incart_m-rpt-1

    This article shows how pathetic the President and the AD were during this thing. Hiring a non-committal law firm, they all hid behind the report the paid for and the President should be the next to go.

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,148
    I agree the pres should go but he wasn't hired to be involved with sports. He's doing great for academics. Also take any Star Liar report on Rutgers with a grain of salt. It is run by very jealous Seton Hall and Cuse grads and is historically antiKnights
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 04-07-2013 at 12:07 PM.

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I agree the pres should go but he wasn't hired to be involved with sports. He's doing great for academics. Also take any Star Liar report on Rutgers with a grain of salt. It is run by very jealous Seton Hall and Cuse grads and is historically antiKnights
    Jealous of what?

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,148
    Wrong word. Let's just say contentious. Get the picture?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Wrong word. Let's just say contentious. Get the picture?
    Now the FBI is investigating Murdock, I guess they don't like Providence Jumba?

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,148
    Never trust Providence.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,065
    The former AD is a complete idiot.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    bunch of BS, the pussification of America continues, the gay/lesbian liberal teachers win out... Murdoch the blackmailer wins, although he is totally unhireable.
    You're a disgrace.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us