Thread: Gaborik traded

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaborik traded

to Columbus.

TSNís Darren Dreger reports forwards Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett and defenseman John Moore (plus a sixth-round pick in 2013) would be on their way to the Big Apple.

They turned Rick Nash into Gaborik! lolz!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of reminds of 94 when they traded gartner away , maybe this will have the same impact!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All in all solid trade IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jr420x View Post
    Kind of reminds of 94 when they traded gartner away , maybe this will have the same impact!!
    I think it's a trade that might work for both teams. Gaborik clearly needs a change of scenery and we get some pieces back that are reported to be good (as I have no idea.) We need the cap space to re-sign some of our young players. He's scored twice in 22 games and he pretty much adds nothing else on the ice. You barely notice him playing anymore. It's almost like he just pouts when he's not scoring and disappears.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent trade for the Rangers

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I think it's a trade that might work for both teams. Gaborik clearly needs a change of scenery and we get some pieces back that are reported to be good (as I have no idea.) We need the cap space to re-sign some of our young players. He's scored twice in 22 games and he pretty much adds nothing else on the ice. You barely notice him playing anymore. It's almost like he just pouts when he's not scoring and disappears.
    I was looking at the trade with a buddy at work - who's a Rags fan - and we both were like "Who the f*ck are these guys?" But that's also a function, somewhat, of us never really seeing the West on account of the shortened season.

Is Clowe supposedly playing tonight? I'm guessing they'll try and make that happen. Otherwise, they'll be down two guys with the BJs not making it out in time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I was looking at the trade with a buddy at work - who's a Rags fan - and we both were like "Who the f*ck are these guys?" But that's also a function, somewhat, of us never really seeing the West on account of the shortened season.

Is Clowe supposedly playing tonight? I'm guessing they'll try and make that happen. Otherwise, they'll be down two guys with the BJs not making it out in time.
    Clowe is playing (after a red eye to NY.) Yeah I just don't follow the West closely at all especially this year for obvious reasons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dorsett is a tough gritty forward but is on IR with a collar bone injury and won't be back until the last week of the season.

Moore is a defenseman was out for 8 games with a shoulder injury, played a few and was not in the line up for the last three games.

Know nothing about the other guy.

Hard to say what this does for the Rangers. The chemistry this year has been off. Losing Prust was big and it looks like they're trying to get back to where they were. Where the goals are going to come from is anybody's guess. None of the guys they got in the last 2 days are goal scorers.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Dorsett is a tough gritty forward but is on IR with a collar bone injury and won't be back until the last week of the season.

Moore is a defenseman was out for 8 games with a shoulder injury, played a few and was not in the line up for the last three games.

Hard to say what this does for the Rangers. The chemistry this year has been off. Losing Prust was big and it looks like they're trying to get back to where they were. Where the goals are going to come from is anybody's guess. None of the guys they got in the last 2 days are goal scorers.
    that other guy,Derick Brassard, is probably the best of 3 guys. Youíll be impressed by his play.
    Good trade for the Rangers

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post

Rangers went from being one of the more physical/tougher teams last year to being really soft. Losing Prust, Dubinsky and Anisimov really changed the comoposition of this team. And then they send down a guy like Michael Haley who brings exactly what they need - seems very curious.

The Clowe move is the big one, IMO. Late attempt to bring some grit to that team. Moving Gaborik is addition by subtraction and clears salary - I have no idea what those guys bring, but if sg3 says its an excellent trade, I'm convinced.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clowe is like Brandon Prust, but can score more

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    all the new guys made it in time for the game tonight

if you count Clowe, they have 2 goals and 2 assists in their first game as a Ranger

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Clowe is like Brandon Prust, but can score more
    Go to hockey fights.com and bring up the Parros- Clowe fight, Clowe beat the piss out of him...power forward who as we can see from last night can score and ask Englland about that check at the beginning of the game, can throw the body and is 225lbs

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jr420x View Post
    I felt bad Gartner. He deserved better..but such is life.