Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: WHO are your top 5?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

WHO are your top 5?

Curious to know where everyone's sitting here at the top of April.

I want to know who your top 5 prospects are. Like if YOU could pick any 5 prospect in the draft - who would you take? I don't give a sh*t about needs.

1 - S. Floyd. ...The things I'd do (or let be done to me) for this guy. I'm putting him up there with the Von Millers, JJ Watts , etc. I think he'll be that good.

2 - C. Warmack ...It's just a case of a god damn certainty

3 - S. Lotulelei ...Just such a solid lineman. Like Warmack, i just don't see a risk.

4 - T. Eifert ...he's the real deal boys. nearly 6'6, 250lbs... The man's gonna ball.

5 - J. Jones ... I know. There's like a grocery list of "concerns"... but where were those concerns when he was killing it on gameday? The weight thing is the only dimension that has me waffling and thinking Moore.

I was tempted to put D. Hopkins at #5 cause I'm huge fan, but that's probably reaching to pick him over any of these guys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 - Fisher - LT
    2 - Floyd - DT
    3 - Lotulelei - DT
    4 - Joekel - LT
    5 - Cooper - OG

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tyler Eifert doesn't really excite me honestly. He's not as athletic as a Vernon Davis or Jimmy Graham, and he's not as strong as a Gronk. Seems like a Dennis Pitta type TE when I watch him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Dion Jordan
    2. Geno Smith
    3. Cordarrelle Patterson
    4. Kenny Vaccaro
    5. Barkevious Mingo

Thats my big board.

But if I was gifted any 5 players to start a franchise around:

Jockel
    Geno
    Floyd
    Dion
    Tavon
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 04-04-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Tyler Eifert doesn't really excite me honestly. He's not as athletic as a Vernon Davis or Jimmy Graham, and he's not as strong as a Gronk. Seems like a Dennis Pitta type TE when I watch him.
    Paradis has a love affair with tight ends. Take any TE prospect he produces and drop him about a full round to get an accurate assessment.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I could have any 5 in the draft?

Chance Warmack
    Dion Jordan
    Geno Smith
    Star Lotulelei
    Tyler Eifert

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If I could have any 5 in the draft?

Chance Warmack
    Dion Jordan
    Geno Smith
    Star Lotulelei
    Tyler Eifert
    Chance Warmack
    Geno Smith
    Jarvis Jones
    Star Lotulelei
    DeAndre Hopkins (not saying he'll go anywhere near the top 5, but I really think this kid is going to blow up in a big way; just as a PSA, Ryan Swope is also gonna do very well in the NFL IMHO)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Warmack
    Eifert
    Jones
    Joeckel
    Floyd

I also like Vaccaro

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fisher, Warmack, Floyd, Joeckel, Milliner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 Barkevious Mingo - Players like this never bust he just screams future star to me
    2 Luke Joeckel - Easy the best OL in this draft
    3 Xavier Rhodes - Milliner is the safer bet but Rhodes has a much higher up side.
    4 Sharrif Floyd - Floyd is a pretty safe bet to be a good long term player.
    5 Keenan Allen - Is a pretty good bet to be the best #1 WR in this draft which is pretty WR heavy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    1 Barkevious Mingo - Players like this never bust he just screams future star to me
    2 Luke Joeckel - Easy the best OL in this draft
    3 Xavier Rhodes - Milliner is the safer bet but Rhodes has a much higher up side.
    4 Sharrif Floyd - Floyd is a pretty safe bet to be a good long term player.
    5 Keenan Allen - Is a pretty good bet to be the best #1 WR in this draft which is pretty WR heavy.

I like Mingo, but I wouldn't say that. I can name 5 or so guys with his skillset that have busted, off the top of my head.

Agree with Rhodes and Floyd, don't like Allen however. Will be a very good #2 WR, never a true #1. Reminds me of Crabtree and Cotchery a lot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    I like Mingo, but I wouldn't say that. I can name 5 or so guys with his skillset that have busted, off the top of my head.

Agree with Rhodes and Floyd, don't like Allen however. Will be a very good #2 WR, never a true #1. Reminds me of Crabtree and Cotchery a lot.
    The thing I like about Mingo is his stock hasn't changed a whole lot all threw the draft talk. Usually you find a reason to doubt a guy in the process but I dont see a lot of doubt in Mingo. The guys is a multifaceted beast of a player. He can swing to MLB, OLB, or DE and likely look good doing it. Really think at worst he ends up having a long but average career. He is not a workout warrior or a combine rise he is a guy everyone figured would be good years ago and still looks it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Star Lotulelei
    Sharrif Floyd
    Jarvis Jones
    Chance Warmack
    Cordarelle Patterson

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The thing I like about Mingo is his stock hasn't changed a whole lot all threw the draft talk. Usually you find a reason to doubt a guy in the process but I dont see a lot of doubt in Mingo. The guys is a multifaceted beast of a player. He can swing to MLB, OLB, or DE and likely look good doing it. Really think at worst he ends up having a long but average career. He is not a workout warrior or a combine rise he is a guy everyone figured would be good years ago and still looks it.

Disagree...

Mingo can't really play in the trenches. His long lean frame has always been a problem of his. At 240, I wouldn't want his hand in the dirt, and I wouldn't want him at ILB. He's purely a speed rusher, but has a really nice spin move. What scares me is that he can't disengage blocks at all. Once you lock him, he's out of the play. I love that he can hit, and is really physical, but he has a lot of questions.

Also, he was always mocked in the 5-15 range because everyone knew how athletic he is. He was really hyped up before the season started with LSU, and we all knew that the guy is extremely athletic. Guys like Ansah were relatively unheard of.

- Also, he didn't play ball until Junior year of HS.