Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal Paolantonio top 5 immediate impact draft prospects

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sal Paolantonio top 5 immediate impact draft prospects

Sal Paolantonio was just on Sirius radio and discussed who he believe are the top 5 immediate impact players. He's one of the sportscasters i respect and believe most of you do as well. He made a specific point that he'd have put Dion Jordan in at 5 if he wasn't coming back from an injury, thus may not be immediately 100% to start training camp.

1. Eric Fisher
    2. Chance Warmack
    3. Sharrif Floyd
    4. Tavon Austin
    5. Luke Joeckel

He made a point of emphasis that these are his top 5 to immediately contribute with the greatest impact ( as opposed to simply stating they are who he thinks will be the 5 best players )

ljr

Hall Of Fame
    I concur. Fisher and Warmack are actually my top 2 players in the entire draft.

I am really beginning to warm up to Austin. It would kill me to see him end up in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I concur. Fisher and Warmack are actually my top 2 players in the entire draft.

I am really beginning to warm up to Austin. It would kill me to see him end up in NE.
    There is no way he lasts until 29 so no worries there.

Jets Insider VIP
    We nedd to ship revis to the bucs and take Warmack at 9 and Austin at 14.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We nedd to ship revis to the bucs and take Warmack at 9 and Austin at 14.
    Nothing like trading an all time great CB for a Guard

One can dream though

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

One can dream though
    Not a bad trade if that guard becomes an all time great guard.
    Its amazing how people continue to downplay the importance of a great O-Line.

Any fan SHOULD love the combination of Warmack or Cooper and Austin at 9 and 13 if the Revis deal indeed does include Tampa Bay's 2013 1st round pick, but the likelihood is that the picks would be used on an OLB (Ansah? Mingo? Jones?) and Austin or Patterson.

The jets need to take Austin wr was the weakest position behind QB. This team desperately needs a impact player for offense. Trying to find a late round steal hasnt panned out for the Jets. Just look at Stephen Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    The jets need to take Austin wr was the weakest position behind QB. This team desperately needs a impact player for offense. Trying to find a late round steal hasnt panned out for the Jets. Just look at Stephen Hill.
    To be fair Stephen Hill still has the size and speed to be an effective WR in the NFL. His hands were his lone weak point (I know, a huge weak point to have), but he also did come from a collegiate offense that didn't throw the ball more than 10 times a game. The problem was we picked him and plugged him into the starting lineup on Day 1 and expected miracles, but the likelihood is we're not going to see the real Stephen Hill until this season or maybe even until 2014. I wouldn't give up on him so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Im with YOU.

Revis is GREAT but he is a selfish player.

All time great CB >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all time great guard. And we aren't going to pay revis but you think we're going to make warmack the highest paid guard in history when his contract is up?

Unfortunately it seems as if the organization is hell bent on handing over the LG duties to Ducasse. There was no reason to have him and Slauson sharing the duties last season unless this was the plan all along - to hand Ducasse the job in 2013. Lord hear our prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

One can dream though
    +1
    We have all our picks this year.
    If we have 9 & 13, I'm going Austin & Eifert!
    Use the high 2nd rounder for an OG if there is one that floats your boat.
    Or if a RB that you love in the 2nd is there grab him & wait until the 3rd for an OG.
    I don't think there would be many Jet fans complaining if the Jets had a draft was looking like this:
    9-Tavon Austin WR
    13-Tyler Eifert TE (From Bucs)
    2nd Round
    Deandre Hopkins WR
    3rd Round
    Monte Ball RB
    Aurthur Brown OLB (From Bucs)
    4th Round
    Alvin Bailey OG
    5th Round
    Bacarri Rambo FS (gotta luv the name)
    6th & 7th rounds should be for OGs with potential (bring a bunch into camp & sort them out)

Imagine that haul! This is a 2 year rebuild.
    WRs- Holmes (for 2013), Hill, Kerley, Hopkins, Austin (also, KR, PR, RB dude would get a lot of touches)
    TE- Eifert, Cumberland, Reuland, Smith
    RB- Powell, Goodson, Ball
    OG- Ducasse, Colon, Bailey, (Moore might come back for 1 more year?), 6th or 7th round project, cheap vet, or UDFA

This would be a great start to turning this freaking offense around, & would also as much as it pains me to say it, give Sanchez one more chance to ressurrect his career, playing with all young guys once Holmes is jettisoned.

For the defense, let Rex coach his azz off! Maybe if the Jets can score some damn points & Rex could finally play with some leads, guys like Barnes could be difference makers on 3rd downs.

I actually don't think the Jets will be as horrible as the predictions from the media, who ALWAYS overblow everything. Of course we need to get something out of the QB spot & ratchet down the TOs.
    With MM coaching the offense, I'd be pretty stoked to see a formation with Holmes & Hill wide, Kerley motioning in the slot, Austin moving from a 4th WR into the backfield, with Powell who has some shimmy, can block & catch the ball as the RB.
    Then see us line up in a 2 TE set with Eifert & Smith, Ball & Goodson in the backfield, Hill & Hopkins or our jumbo set.
    You could do a lot of game planning with a draft like that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There is no way he lasts until 29 so no worries there.
    Maybe Bill pulls a funny and moves up in the draft?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    +1
    We have all our picks this year.
    If we have 9 & 13, I'm going Austin & Eifert!
    Use the high 2nd rounder for an OG if there is one that floats your boat.
    Or if a RB that you love in the 2nd is there grab him & wait until the 3rd for an OG.
    I don't think there would be many Jet fans complaining if the Jets had a draft was looking like this:
    9-Tavon Austin WR
    13-Tyler Eifert TE (From Bucs)
    2nd Round
    Deandre Hopkins WR
    3rd Round
    Monte Ball RB
    Aurthur Brown OLB (From Bucs)
    4th Round
    Alvin Bailey OG
    5th Round
    Bacarri Rambo FS (gotta luv the name)
    6th & 7th rounds should be for OGs with potential (bring a bunch into camp & sort them out)

Imagine that haul! This is a 2 year rebuild.
    WRs- Holmes (for 2013), Hill, Kerley, Hopkins, Austin (also, KR, PR, RB dude would get a lot of touches)
    TE- Eifert, Cumberland, Reuland, Smith
    RB- Powell, Goodson, Ball
    OG- Ducasse, Colon, Bailey, (Moore might come back for 1 more year?), 6th or 7th round project, cheap vet, or UDFA

This would be a great start to turning this freaking offense around, & would also as much as it pains me to say it, give Sanchez one more chance to ressurrect his career, playing with all young guys once Holmes is jettisoned.

For the defense, let Rex coach his azz off! Maybe if the Jets can score some damn points & Rex could finally play with some leads, guys like Barnes could be difference makers on 3rd downs.

I actually don't think the Jets will be as horrible as the predictions from the media, who ALWAYS overblow everything. Of course we need to get something out of the QB spot & ratchet down the TOs.
    With MM coaching the offense, I'd be pretty stoked to see a formation with Holmes & Hill wide, Kerley motioning in the slot, Austin moving from a 4th WR into the backfield, with Powell who has some shimmy, can block & catch the ball as the RB.
    Then see us line up in a 2 TE set with Eifert & Smith, Ball & Goodson in the backfield, Hill & Hopkins or our jumbo set.
    You could do a lot of game planning with a draft like that.
    Two Wr's, a TE, and RB with our first four picks? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Im with YOU.

Revis is GREAT but he is a selfish player.
    No, this is incorrect. He is not a selfish player, your post indicates that he is a problem in the dressing room or on the field and that simply is not the case. He and his agents can be called greedy for wanting to be paid top dollar so you could call him a selfish person but he is not a selfish player.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No, this is incorrect. He is not a selfish player, your post indicates that he is a problem in the dressing room or on the field and that simply is not the case. He and his agents can be called greedy for wanting to be paid top dollar so you could call him a selfish person but he is not a selfish player.
    OK..thats fair. I let his dizzy spells and 2 hold outs cloud my judgment?

Personally, I do not see the need for WR this season. I mean after all, WTF is going to throw him the ball. There will also be several more great WR prospects in future years.

Warmack, on the other hand, If he's as great as Sal says, then I think the Jets should take him at #9 assuming he is there. He'll also likely be the BAP at pick 9.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Two Wr's, a TE, and RB with our first four picks? No thanks.
    exactly. We're not going to be an offensive juggernaut with any offensive players in this draft. This draft offensively is weak offensively although I'm sure there are some hidden gems that might star in this league that will shock everyone. Overall we should rebuild the line and defense ... We got a solid D line now cause of Coples and Mo. Mo looks like he's as good as it gets as a 3-4 DE with run stopping and developing a pass rush. Coples actually has more potential IMO. Now you get a LEGIT OLB pass rusher ... build that OL and hope your receivers work out and overachieve. I'm not against drafting a TE ... but in all honestly we made it to 2 AFCC games with a dominant OL and dominant defense. Might as well patch that up now and see if Rex can create any magic with that again. Next year the draft from an offensive perspective is going to be loaded. From Receiver, RB, and QB. A lot of playmakers and we'll likely have a ton of picks. Lets go for offense next year and get playmakers.

There are no real sure things at receiver this year. I'm not drafting a receiver at top 10 if they aren't Megatron or at least Julio Jones caliber. I'll pass on any QB that isn't a sure thing. We have to draft the best players available .. might as well go where this draft is very strong at ... defense and O line.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Personally, I do not see the need for WR this season. I mean after all, WTF is going to throw him the ball. There will also be several more great WR prospects in future years.

Warmack, on the other hand, If he's as great as Sal says, then I think the Jets should take him at #9 assuming he is there. He'll also likely be the BAP at pick 9.
    I am not sure how anyone can look at this WR group and not see a need to upgrade it. Just because you dont think you have a QB to throw him the ball, doesnt mean you ignore the position, especially in a year when there will be some very good WRs to be had in the second to fourth rounds.