Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Stop and Frisk- Ray Kelly Comments

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,529
    Post Thanks / Like

    Stop and Frisk- Ray Kelly Comments

    I found the recent piece in the NY Post by NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly which was excerpted from an address made to Rev. Al Sharpton' National Action Network to be very enlightening. Of particular note, and quite shocking I might add, was this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Kelly
    African-Americans, 25 percent of the city’s population, made up 64 percent of the murder victims and 71 percent of the shooting victims last year. African-American men aged 16 to 37, just 4 percent of the city’s population, comprised 40 percent of those murdered citywide; 82 percent of these young men were killed with a firearm. As a city, we can’t stand idly by in the face of these facts.
    That's a staggering statistic. Forget the arrest stats, the indictment stats, the jail/prison stats; what is written above is all any "leader" or activist in the black community should care about. As a (admittedly) jaded former CO, I can honestly say I found that opening paragraph to be disturbing.

    The rest of the piece can be found here:

    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...Zla9aKqgEu9lKP

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,848
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, you found two videos that you feel fly in the face of the facts Kelly put forth? Not sure I see how what you posted offers even a reasonable rebuttal to that.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sharpton looks like the Elephant Man on tv, it's scary.

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I found the recent piece in the NY Post by NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly which was excerpted from an address made to Rev. Al Sharpton' National Action Network to be very enlightening. Of particular note, and quite shocking I might add, was this:



    That's a staggering statistic. Forget the arrest stats, the indictment stats, the jail/prison stats; what is written above is all any "leader" or activist in the black community should care about. As a (admittedly) jaded former CO, I can honestly say I found that opening paragraph to be disturbing.

    The rest of the piece can be found here:

    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...Zla9aKqgEu9lKP

    The racial arsonists don't want to discuss this.... .and the pandering latent racist white libs don't want to either;

    The NYPD "Goes where the crime is" and is more aggressive in areas where there is gun violence, hence the "stop and frisk" stats showing a greater number of minorities being stopped. Unfortunately, the incidents where mistakes were made are easy fodder for those who choose to vilify the NYPD rather than acknowledge this.

    Being more aggressive and pro-active in these communities tended to keep the guns (which will always be out there) at home, thus less likely to be used in spontaneous street beefs. Undoubtedly, thousands of lives have been saved and a few generations grew up without witnessing the daily savagery that was common place prior to Guiliani's tenure as Mayor.

    The homicide stats bear it out.

    Personally, I feel any cop that does anything in NYC nowadays other than cash a paycheck and punch a clock is a fool who is playing with fire; THe message is clear.

    At this rate, those to whom the chaos of the 70's and 80's in NYC is but a distant memory...are in for a rude awakening. And when they start wringing their hands about what the cops are doing about it, they will be met with blank stares and shrugs.




    -

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing Sharpton is an advocate for is himself. He doesn't care about blacks. He is an opportunist. Nothing more.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The racial arsonists don't want to discuss this.... .and the pandering latent racist white libs don't want to either;

    The NYPD "Goes where the crime is" and is more aggressive in areas where there is gun violence, hence the "stop and frisk" stats showing a greater number of minorities being stopped. Unfortunately, the incidents where mistakes were made are easy fodder for those who choose to vilify the NYPD rather than acknowledge this.

    Being more aggressive and pro-active in these communities tended to keep the guns (which will always be out there) at home, thus less likely to be used in spontaneous street beefs. Undoubtedly, thousands of lives have been saved and a few generations grew up without witnessing the daily savagery that was common place prior to Guiliani's tenure as Mayor.

    The homicide stats bear it out.

    Personally, I feel any cop that does anything in NYC nowadays other than cash a paycheck and punch a clock is a fool who is playing with fire; THe message is clear.

    At this rate, those to whom the chaos of the 70's and 80's in NYC is but a distant memory...are in for a rude awakening. And when they start wringing their hands about what the cops are doing about it, they will be met with blank stares and shrugs.




    -
    This pretty much sums it up.

    Luckily, we have better men than me in charge. I would just let them kill each other.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I would just let them kill each other.
    I would guess that a majority of people feel the same way.


  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    I would guess that a majority of people feel the same way.

    No they dont, they are just tired of the racial bull***t that pervades any discussion of this virtual self-inflicted genocide amongst minority youth.

    The cops get vilified, conservative politicians black and white get vilified for asking for more accountability from parents and community leaders.

    How many more generations of this?

    Its tiresome, but you cant tell me a majority wants to see more kids die.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    No they dont, they are just tired of the racial bull***t that pervades any discussion of this virtual self-inflicted genocide amongst minority youth.

    The cops get vilified, conservative politicians black and white get vilified for asking for more accountability from parents and community leaders.

    How many more generations of this?

    Its tiresome, but you cant tell me a majority wants to see more kids die.
    Exactly. It is easier to keep telling generations of people that they are victims of a world that is stacked against them. Instead of dealing with the real issues that plague minorities like broken families with children out of wedlock and gang/drug/gun violence.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us