Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Bills' Johnson tweets for N. Korea to bomb Foxboro

  1. #1
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,739

    Bills' Johnson tweets for N. Korea to bomb Foxboro

    LOL, Stevie being Stevie!

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-j...8824--nfl.html

    Buffalo Bills wide receiver Steve Johnson took to Twitter to attempt to make light about a potentially hostile situation.
    As a photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un surfaced last week with a U.S. map showing potential missile targets,
    Johnson suggested another potential destination, the Bills' AFC East rivals, the New England Patriots.
    "War is nothing to be played with. I apologize North Korea........but if y'all do bomb 1st... Bomb Foxboro, Mass. Sincerely,#BillsMafia," Johnson tweeted.
    In response to fan outrage, Johnson apologized a few hours later.

  2. #2
    That's terrible, at least wait until Brady is in town before calling for an air strike on foxboro.

  3. #3
    Love it. Might as well take out Belly's Florida house as well while they're at it.

  4. #4
    @G17Esiason: The internet is a great place to find all sorts of things....good, bad, funny...whatever...this is certainly a winner http://t.co/DlAiPxGlHN

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,225
    I'm pissed he didn't say MetLife. Further proof we are now just an afterthought.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I'm pissed he didn't say MetLife. Further proof we are now just an afterthought.
    We were never the main focus.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,192
    That's great

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,186
    "In response to fan outrage, Johnson apologized a few hours later."

    Fan outrage? I bet 95% agree with him.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    That's terrible, at least wait until Brady is in town before calling for an air strike on foxboro.
    +1

  10. #10
    Twitter + pro athletes = an accident waiting to happen.

  11. #11
    Don't see what the big deal is...people need to be able to laugh at themselves. I can understand if he said something like NYC but other than there, clearly a lighthearted joke.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    "In response to fan outrage, Johnson apologized a few hours later."

    Fan outrage? I bet 95% agree with him.
    You're right, but we live in a PC world where people love to claim insensitivety.

    I'm waiting for some idiot to demand punishment for Johnson.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 04-04-2013 at 06:10 PM.

  13. #13
    As someone who was injured in the last North Korean attack on American soil, I am deeply outraged by Johnson's joke

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    You're right, but we live in a PC world we people love to claim insensitivety.

    I'm waiting for some idiot to demand punishment for Johnson.
    I'll handle this:

    1. Johnson is an idiot and a jerk, and Goodell should fine him or suspend him for the Pats games this year.

    2. These athletes shouldn't be allowed to use Twitter.

    3. I also can't stand it when they showboat in the endzone after a TD.

    4. GET OFF MY LAWN.

    Now back to the politics forum where I will unveil my latest flat tax budget,

    Crotchety Old White Guy

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,095
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @G17Esiason: The internet is a great place to find all sorts of things....good, bad, funny...whatever...this is certainly a winner http://t.co/DlAiPxGlHN
    LOL, I saw that one and retweeted it! Good stuff from Boomer's kid.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    As someone who was injured in the last North Korean attack on American soil, I am deeply outraged by Johnson's joke
    As a citizen of foxboro....I fail to see the humor.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    As a citizen of foxboro....I fail to see the humor.
    I wouldn't want anyone in the U.S. nuked.

    Even you.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    My God, how could anyone suggest such a tragic event? Think of all the clam chowder that would be wasted.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    My God, how could anyone suggest such a tragic event? Think of all the clam chowder that would be wasted.
    Right. And it's the good, white, creamy kind, not that yucky, red crap.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Right. And it's the good, white, creamy kind, not that yucky, red crap.
    I was talking about soup.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us