Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quietest Jets pre-draft preseason ever?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Oh I dont know. Ill start with we dont have a #1 qb. We dont have a #1 receiver. We dont have a #1 rb. We dont have a #1 tight end. We have no safties. After the Revis trade we will have only 1 good corner. Out of the 4 linebacker positions we have 1 guy that can play. No pass rushers. And our coach is a lame duck, clueless buffoon.

Did I forget anything?
    Typical SOJF...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Typical SOJF...
    Typical "I live in fantasy land"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typical "I live in fantasy land"
    Yes, clearly... Based on my post it was obvious I think this team is perfect. How observant you are to pick up on that in five words...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Quiet? Noisy? Who cares? To me it is all irrelevant. If it is noisy as hell and the Jets make the right moves that ultimately end in a championship, do YOU care? I think not.

So really this is a frustrating part of the offseason for me. I just wish Idzik would be making moves that would make the team actually resemble a team. Right now he have only fractions of a team. It's disappointing to accept.

Now, of course everyone must be patient and let the process have its course, and that is why I will stay quiet.

I just hope for the teams sake that things start to pick up within the month. And not just the draft, but also more under the radar, good FA signings.
    Quiet is better because no one is tipping their hand as to what we are going to do which is a good thing. As for Idzik doing nothing, We have signed a RB, an OLB, a OG, a QB, a NT all relatively on the cheap, he's restructured a couple of contracts he's trying to get the house in order.

In a few previous years it made more sense for the Jets to go for it with some high priced FA's. Right now it doesn't make sense.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this offseason. We r rebuilding the right way. By feb, rex ryan will be gone and we will have the #1 pick in the 2014 draft. These are exciting times people. U dont get the #1 pick in the draft often. Enjoy the ride.
    5 bucks says your wrong and we end up with a winning record this year and we draft in the second half of the draft thats 17th or later

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    D Brick and Nick mangold aren't on the decline but the question you have to ask is how long are the Jets away from being serious contenders. How you answer that should determine what you do with both of them. If You feel the Jets could be contenders in 2014 than you would be silly to get rid of either of them.

IF You think its going to take three years at least before the jets are ready than you have to seriously think about trading them now while they are still in their prime. First your going to get a lot back for them now in a trade( speed rebuilding process), when your ready to compete they won't be on the4 downside of their career ( going to need to replace them)
    Another thing you must consider is the next young QB you draft that you hope can be the guy to lead the franchise to the promise land. For that young Qb to develop properly you need an oline that can protect him. So Jets might have to keep those guys until they are no longer effective players.

I can't make that determination only Jets front office knows how long they think they are away. But that is legitimate question that your Fo must have among them self.
    what do you honestly think your going to get back for these guys mangold was average at best last year and dbrick makes a fortune its better to hold on to your good players. why trade away the present for pick that may be busts there are no sure things in the draft ever

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I dont know. Ill start with we dont have a #1 qb. We dont have a #1 receiver. We dont have a #1 rb. We dont have a #1 tight end. We have no safties. After the Revis trade we will have only 1 good corner. Out of the 4 linebacker positions we have 1 guy that can play. No pass rushers. And our coach is a lame duck, clueless buffoon.

Did I forget anything?
    OK, let's live in the pessimism for a few minutes. Other than losing Landry, how is anything on this team (based on your assumption that not a single spot will be filled between now and the season) any different from the team last year that won 6 games?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    what do you honestly think your going to get back for these guys mangold was average at best last year and dbrick makes a fortune its better to hold on to your good players. why trade away the present for pick that may be busts there are no sure things in the draft ever
    You can something for those two(mangold and Dbrickshaw Ferguson) and something really good back in a trade if they want to.

Again If you read my post it all about when you think you can contend again. IF you feel that won't be for another three years than why keep players that might not be any good to you at that point. ( too old and on downside)

If you feel the Jets can compete by 2014 than obviously you don't think about trading them. Still very competent players for the Jets.
    It isn't easy replacing two players at premier positions.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-05-2013 at 04:06 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    OK, let's live in the pessimism for a few minutes. Other than losing Landry, how is anything on this team (based on your assumption that not a single spot will be filled between now and the season) any different from the team last year that won 6 games?
    Because the media are busy telling everyone that it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    The Jets are going to be playing a lot of second-year guys getting their first chance at full-time play, unproven rookies, and street FAs. They really will look like an expansion team, with a few core players. Which isn't to say they will be terrible, but I don't see how they will be all that competitive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Jets are going to be playing a lot of second-year guys getting their first chance at full-time play, unproven rookies, and street FAs. They really will look like an expansion team, with a few core players. Which isn't to say they will be terrible, but I don't see how they will be all that competitive.
    We'll likely be good enough to compete with other weaker teams, but not a serious player against the likely contenders (NE, Balt, etc).

So pretty much like last year, really. Only decent team we beat was Indy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Why do so many people think we are going to b ebad enough for the #1 pick? JAX is way worse than us and maybe OAK, Buff, Zona and Eagles. We get back Holmes and lost a lot of dead weight from the defense. The young guys won't tank the season and Sanchez can still win 6 games playing worse than any QB we have seen since Jamarcus Russell!!
    Because those people aren't very bright.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Because those people aren't very bright.
    You're correct. See Post # 4 of this thread.