Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quietest Jets pre-draft preseason ever?

Quietest Jets pre-draft preseason ever?

I can't remember one this quiet before. Not saying that's necessarily negative or positive thing. But all you hear are the crickets.........

Yup and I'm happy about that for a change. I'll be very interested to see how Idzik handles the draft. That will be a real test for him. I'm still hoping we can sign another 2 or 3 FA's at bargain prices. There is still a lot of guys out there waiting, some of them must be getting rather antsy.

Because according to the media there's no use playing this season. We weren't a 6-10 team after losing our best offensive and best defensive player and enduring the 34th best qb play in the league.

We were a one win team in a season where everything broke right.

We're cooked, haven't you heard? A joke, no talent and no chance to compete. That's why you hear the crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Because according to the media there's no use playing this season. We weren't a 6-10 team after losing our best offensive and best defensive player and enduring the 34th best qb play in the league.

We were a one win team in a season where everything broke right.

We're cooked, haven't you heard? A joke, no talent and no chance to compete. That's why you hear the crickets.
    They were saying the same thing leading up to the 2006 season. Oh, BTW we were 10-6 and made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yup and I'm happy about that for a change. I'll be very interested to see how Idzik handles the draft. That will be a real test for him. I'm still hoping we can sign another 2 or 3 FA's at bargain prices. There is still a lot of guys out there waiting, some of them must be getting rather antsy.
    Quiet? Noisy? Who cares? To me it is all irrelevant. If it is noisy as hell and the Jets make the right moves that ultimately end in a championship, do YOU care? I think not.

So really this is a frustrating part of the offseason for me. I just wish Idzik would be making moves that would make the team actually resemble a team. Right now he have only fractions of a team. It's disappointing to accept.

Now, of course everyone must be patient and let the process have its course, and that is why I will stay quiet.

I just hope for the teams sake that things start to pick up within the month. And not just the draft, but also more under the radar, good FA signings.

It's actually not quiet. Revis drama in the beginning. Plenty of big restructures. Our new RB is actually a great signing. Coaching carousel. Garay. Barnes. Letting other players go. Just because we didn't sign the biggest FAs in 2013 Free Agency doesn't mean it's been quiet.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love this offseason. We r rebuilding the right way. By feb, rex ryan will be gone and we will have the #1 pick in the 2014 draft. These are exciting times people. U dont get the #1 pick in the draft often. Enjoy the ride.

HOw would we know how Idzik "handles" the draft until at least two seasons?

This!......

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I love this offseason. We r rebuilding the right way. By feb, rex ryan will be gone and we will have the #1 pick in the 2014 draft. These are exciting times people. U dont get the #1 pick in the draft often. Enjoy the ride.
    Still assuming we are starting Teblow at QB, I guess....

Because he is the only sure route to 0-16 and that first pick in the draft.

Any of the other QBs currently signed win too many games for that possibility

Jets haven't been making any idiot moves to grab headlines like trading for Tebow. Idzik has so far made good, solid under the radar moves like signing Antonio Garay and Mike Goodson both of whom will be very productive players for us next year.

Why do so many people think we are going to b ebad enough for the #1 pick? JAX is way worse than us and maybe OAK, Buff, Zona and Eagles. We get back Holmes and lost a lot of dead weight from the defense. The young guys won't tank the season and Sanchez can still win 6 games playing worse than any QB we have seen since Jamarcus Russell!!
    Last edited by TebowCan'tThrow; 04-04-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Well when you have no money to spend. You over pay for crappy players. You have no direction for the last 2 seasons. Your best players are on the decline(Mangold, D'Brick,Harris) and Revis off his injury(will be gone). This is the 2013 New York Jets. 4-12.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    They were saying the same thing leading up to the 2006 season. Oh, BTW we were 10-6 and made the playoffs.
    Wrong.

In 2006 we got rid of the soft, one-dimensional head coach that the players quit on and replaced him with a fiery disciplinarian and we had a playoff-caliber offense whose quarterback was returning from injury. I had us at 10-6.

This year, we kept the soft, one-dimensional head coach that the players quit on and brought in a GM who hasn't done anything but watch his defense walk out the door while doing nothing to improve the worst offense in the league. I have us at 4-12.

It's not about the media. It's about using your own eyes. Stay off the sauce.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 04-05-2013 at 09:03 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Well when you have no money to spend. You over pay for crappy players. You have no direction for the last 2 seasons. Your best players are on the decline(Mangold, D'Brick,Harris) and Revis off his injury(will be gone). This is the 2013 New York Jets. 4-12.
    I think it's a bit premature to say Brick / Harris / Mangold are on the decline ... football is a team game and when the team sucks in general, it drags everyone down. Especially an O line - this is usually judged as a single entity rather than 5 separate players. So when the team overall regresses it will make everyone look bad.

What the coaches and FO need to do is work out whose play is being hindered by the lack of talent around them ... and who IS the lack of talent around them. Sorting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. We've seen a lot of chaff, and maybe the odd bit of wheat, shown the door. Now we need to go out and get more wheat.

(OK, I'll stop stretching that analogy now. )

We'll need Brick and Mangold to anchor the line with at least two new starters next year (one could easily be a rookie). Harris is our only returning starting LB from last year, so again his leadership will be needed.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Wrong.

Stay off the sauce.

SAR I
    Take your own advice SAR....

Idzik is doing what needs to be done, he is bringing professionalism back to a franchise that needed it. I'm glad we have been quiet, now lets have a strong draft to fill some holes.

BTW, concerning the draft, I believe very strongly in choosing the best available player regardless of position. As bad as Sanchez played last season lets remember he had poor offensive talent around him. I don't know if it can work with him or not, but I still cling to 4 road playoff game victories.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I think it's a bit premature to say Brick / Harris / Mangold are on the decline ... football is a team game and when the team sucks in general, it drags everyone down. Especially an O line - this is usually judged as a single entity rather than 5 separate players. So when the team overall regresses it will make everyone look bad.

What the coaches and FO need to do is work out whose play is being hindered by the lack of talent around them ... and who IS the lack of talent around them. Sorting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. We've seen a lot of chaff, and maybe the odd bit of wheat, shown the door. Now we need to go out and get more wheat.

(OK, I'll stop stretching that analogy now. )

We'll need Brick and Mangold to anchor the line with at least two new starters next year (one could easily be a rookie). Harris is our only returning starting LB from last year, so again his leadership will be needed.
    D Brick and Nick mangold aren't on the decline but the question you have to ask is how long are the Jets away from being serious contenders. How you answer that should determine what you do with both of them. If You feel the Jets could be contenders in 2014 than you would be silly to get rid of either of them.

IF You think its going to take three years at least before the jets are ready than you have to seriously think about trading them now while they are still in their prime. First your going to get a lot back for them now in a trade( speed rebuilding process), when your ready to compete they won't be on the4 downside of their career ( going to need to replace them)
    Another thing you must consider is the next young QB you draft that you hope can be the guy to lead the franchise to the promise land. For that young Qb to develop properly you need an oline that can protect him. So Jets might have to keep those guys until they are no longer effective players.

I can't make that determination only Jets front office knows how long they think they are away. But that is legitimate question that your Fo must have among them self.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-05-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Why do so many people think we are going to b ebad enough for the #1 pick? JAX is way worse than us and maybe OAK, Buff, Zona and Eagles. We get back Holmes and lost a lot of dead weight from the defense. The young guys won't tank the season and Sanchez can still win 6 games playing worse than any QB we have seen since Jamarcus Russell!!
    Oh I dont know. Ill start with we dont have a #1 qb. We dont have a #1 receiver. We dont have a #1 rb. We dont have a #1 tight end. We have no safties. After the Revis trade we will have only 1 good corner. Out of the 4 linebacker positions we have 1 guy that can play. No pass rushers. And our coach is a lame duck, clueless buffoon.

Did I forget anything?

Unless you're Detroit