Thread: I will be happy on draft day with any of these 8.

All League

I will be happy on draft day with any of these 8.

in this order of preference.

1) Dion Jordan
    2) Star Lotulelei
    3) Luke Joeckel
    4) Eric Fisher
    5) Sharrif Floyd
    6) Chance Warmack
    7) Ziggy Ansah
    8) Tavon Austin

at the 9 spot i do not want L. Johnson, B. Werner or J. Cooper....must trade back for any of these guys.

i DO NOT WANT AT ANY SPOT>>>> Geno Smith, Jarvis Jones or B. Mingo.....for they will all bust.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    in this order of preference.

1) Dion Jordan **
    2) Star Lotulelei **
    3) Luke Joeckel ***
    4) Eric Fisher ****
    5) Sharrif Floyd ****
    6) Chance Warmack **
    7) Ziggy Ansah ***
    8) Tavon Austin *

at the 9 spot i do not want L. Johnson, B. Werner or J. Cooper....must trade back for any of these guys.

i DO NOT WANT AT ANY SPOT>>>> Geno Smith, Jarvis Jones or B. Mingo.....for they will all bust.
    That's my take . Outside of these, I would take :

Jonathon Cooper ** at 9.

All League
    i think we soon have to look at the #13 pick also....i think Revis is a goner and that will be ours.

jordan/warmack

can u imagine 2 weapons.....austin and eifert! I would take that....

or warmack/austin and ertz in the 2nd.

All Pro
    I pretty much agree except for Jones...I don't think Jarvis will bust.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I pretty much agree except for Jones...I don't think Jarvis will bust.
    The spinal stenosis scares the crap out of me. Drafting players is hard enough without throwing a heightened chance of his career ending early because of it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    The spinal stenosis scares the crap out of me. Drafting players is hard enough without throwing a heightened chance of his career ending early because of it.
    So he may not play till he's ray old balls lewis, who cares. It's hard enough to get anyone to stick for 5 years on this team (revis).

Jones will not bust.

All League
    i could be talked into jones....but in no way do i want geno!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    So he may not play till he's ray old balls lewis, who cares. It's hard enough to get anyone to stick for 5 years on this team (revis).

Jones will not bust.
    I agree about Jones, even though he had a bad workout season, he still has WAY too much great tape in the best conference, to bust. His floor is pretty high IMO.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree about Jones, even though he had a bad workout season, he still has WAY too much great tape in the best conference, to bust. His floor is pretty high IMO.
    Absolutely. The questions about Jones should be "Am I OK with taking a player who may only have a 5-7 year highly productive career" ...and "Do I think Jones will be good, or do I think he can be great?" I don't see a bust factor.

I happen to think Jordan will bust. Jarvis looks like a player. Good or great? Dunno, but not a bust.
    I don't like the risk factor on Austin and I prefer DeAndre Hopkins anyway.
    I need someone to convince me about Sharrif becuz I didn't get to see Florida that much and this reminds me of the hype that Glenn Dorsey was getting in 2007 and he never lived up to his draft status.
    I'm good with everyone else on your short list.

The last player I remember with stenosis was Marcus McNeil from San Diego. He was awesome but only played a few years. I really like jones but the life span of him as a player could be under 5 years. His value would be better for a team ready to win now. The jets need to draft players that could be signed to second contracts.

Angry Jarvis Jones? NO!NO! NO!

"Molasses" Jones? Slower than Rex Ryan! Trying to cover Gronkowski and Hernandez??? Why not just bring back Bart Scott? And with a short shelf life due to his back condition? 3rd round MAYBE, but like Tebow, his college stats won't mean squat with the big boys/NFL. No way in HALE we should touch him in 1st round!!!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicajoe View Post
    "Molasses" Jones? Slower than Rex Ryan! Trying to cover Gronkowski and Hernandez??? Why not just bring back Bart Scott? And with a short shelf life due to his back condition? 3rd round MAYBE, but like Tebow, his college stats won't mean squat with the big boys/NFL. No way in HALE we should touch him in 1st round!!!!
    agree!!! how someone can say a athelete/player like jodan will bust before the slow ass jones is beyond me.

jodan will be drafted in top 5...jones will drop...20 range.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    i think we soon have to look at the #13 pick also....i think Revis is a goner and that will be ours.

jordan/warmack

can u imagine 2 weapons.....austin and eifert! I would take that....

or warmack/austin and ertz in the 2nd.
    I am not crazy about Ertz but this would be an excellent haul.

Hall Of Fame
    He has great tape. And you can pretty much guarantee that he is much faster than a 4.9. But I have to question his work-ethic b.c he allowed himseld to run a 4.9 and his body looked a little soft. I understand that he had some injuries that have effected his workouts but I think he could have stayed in a little better shape. Combine that with the spine and I am not comfortable taking him in the first round. We need to get these picks right.

Yep, the gamefilm doesn not lie

Think you are in right church, but wrong pew. The Georgia linebacker you want is Ogletree, not Jones. Especially if Revis trade happens with Tampa, and we get #13 as well.