58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 82.76%
  • No

10 17.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dion Jordan: Yay or Nay?

Dion Jordan: Yay or Nay?

Love his closing speed and athleticism. Definitely a rare specimen with that size and quickness. Like the wingspan. He is raw as hell as a pass rusher and needs to learn techniques which worries me because if we draft him he is getting the baptism of fire right away.

A little concerned he doesn't slide past his old coach Chip Kelly at 4.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 04-04-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Most of you know my answer...

IF he's there at #9, it's a good problem to have.

It would depend on who else is on the board.

I would actually take Jones before Jordan, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    IF he's there at #9, it's a good problem to have.

It would depend on who else is on the board.

I would actually take Jones before Jordan, for some reason.
    Jordan is healthier though. Jordan's biggest weakness is I can see him being a liability on 1st and 2nd down his rookie year because he needs to put on weight. However, as a 3rd down pass rusher I could see him having a similar rookie year to what John Abraham had for us in 2000.

Ran a 4.53 40 in he combine and is visiting Rex and Idzik today. Normally I could give a sh*t about the combine but for a OLB/DE to run a 4.53 is off the charts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Yay

Jordan and Jones are the only passrushers I care for at #9.

Jordan may never be a dominant sack artist, but he's very well rounded and an exceptional athlete. I think he has a very low bust factor as well.

Although, I still don't think there's a chance in hell that he's still on the board when we pick. The lowest I see him falling is #6 to Cleveland.

All League
    Definitely wouldn't be disappointed if he was our pick at #9. One of the few acceptable picks their.

Guy would be a serious upgrade, speedwise over anything we just lost. But, wouldn't trading down a couple of pics get us a chance at another strong player and another pic? I think we need quantity of talent as much as quality.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Ran a 4.53 40 in he combine and is visiting Rex and Idzik today. Normally I could give a sh*t about the combine but for a OLB/DE to run a 4.53 is off the charts.
    Lightning fast and turns on a dime. His spin move is sick and was timed faster than Freeneys! Drops well in coverage as well as a bonus!

Very unlikely he'll be there at 9 for the Jets. But yeah, I'd take him.

All Pro
    Nay. I'm confident he'll last in the pros, nor that he'll be the phenom people are expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yay

Jordan and Jones are the only passrushers I care for at #9.

Jordan may never be a dominant sack artist, but he's very well rounded and an exceptional athlete. I think he has a very low bust factor as well.

Although, I still don't think there's a chance in hell that he's still on the board when we pick. The lowest I see him falling is #6 to Cleveland.
    This...unfortunately

All Pro
    I dont even think he will be there at #9 but if he is i would take him in a heart beat..

I personally think the Eagles take him..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I dont even think he will be there at #9 but if he is i would take him in a heart beat..

I personally think the Eagles take him..
    So far, the Eagles are targeted by many to take a QB, OT, DT, DE, OLB, and CB with that pick #4.

All Pro
    Jordan is healthier though. Jordan's biggest weakness is I can see him being a liability on 1st and 2nd down his rookie year because he needs to put on weight. However, as a 3rd down pass rusher I could see him having a similar rookie year to what John Abraham had for us in 2000.
    Actually Jones is healthier. Jordan just had shoulder surgery, and Jones' health is just speculation. That said, I don't think Jones is an edge rusher in the same class as Jordan, or Mingo. I know he has the numbers, but the defense was run to keep blockers off Jones. He's very smart, and instinctual, but does not fight through blocks well if the lineman gets a hand on him. Jordan, and Mingo both were asked to do different things than penetrate the whey Jones was. I'm hoping Jordan drops to us, because I don't see him as a DE. Didn't look comfortable there, so I don't think the 43 teams will take him. The Browns already addressed the position, and the Bills usually do something stupid, like taking Nassib at 8. I would take Jones if the others were gone. Not bashing him at all. Would take Ansah too, but he's a little more risky. Could end up being the best of the bunch though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Nay. I'm confident he'll last in the pros, nor that he'll be the phenom people are expecting.
    I think he will be a bust if someone takes him, and tries to make a DE out of him. The same way Werner will bust if you try to make him an OLB.

This would be change of pace, since our olb/de's of the past 4 seasons could not hit 5.1 in the 40.

This guy should be the #1 pick of all jet fans who do not want a qb. He has everything you could want in a OLB for a 3-4 team but sand. And he will most likely get that once he is able to start working out again. This is a guy who will weigh 265 this time next year.

Never mind Kelly grabbing him, I think the jags do.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think he will be a bust if someone takes him, and tries to make a DE out of him. The same way Werner will bust if you try to make him an OLB.
    He could play wide 9 in a Jim Johnson/Gary Williams type scheme.

Nay. Not enough pass rush production or tackles for loss production. I hope to heck some team takes him before the 9th pick.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Where's the F*ck Yeahhhh button!

Ljr