58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 82.76%
  • No

10 17.24%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dion Jordan: Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    All the more reason to trade up for Floyd!
    that would be the worst possible scenario. burning extra picks to draft (another) defensive lineman in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    All the more reason to trade up for Floyd!
    1) I like Floyd a great deal, probably best player in the draft.
    2) I would send Idzik hate mail if we traded up in the 1st round for anyone.

I've been up to bat for Jordan for months now, when I was laughed at for wanting him at 9.

Watch his tape. He disengages from OL so easily. His spin move reminds me of Freeney, and he's so quick to the ball.

You can do so many things with him, and never have any idea if he's going to drop into coverage, if he's going to cover the slot, or rush the passer. He'd be a headache to gameplan.

If he's there, YES.

He won't be. If he lasts past #5 or 6, don't be surprised if the Jets trade up a little for him, should they feel other teams are going to grab him.

Nay

Bryant Thomas 2.0

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    1) I like Floyd a great deal, probably best player in the draft.
    2) I would send Idzik hate mail if we traded up in the 1st round for anyone.
    It was a joke you guys.. lol. We're not trading up for floyd obviously, but that has nothing to do with him being a Dlineman augustiniak. We simply cannot afford to be cashing in picks for anything but players.

Veteran
    If hes there Hell yeah. My favorite player in the draft

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    If hes there Hell yeah. My favorite player in the draft
    +1 he'll never be there tho

Ljr

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    IF he's there at #9, it's a good problem to have.

It would depend on who else is on the board.

I would actually take Jones before Jordan, for some reason.
    I changed my mind on this I would actually prefer Jones now though I still like Jordan and think the Jets would be making the right choice drafting him. Jarvis Jones is a beast.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This guy should be the #1 pick of all jet fans who do not want a qb. He has everything you could want in a OLB for a 3-4 team but sand. And he will most likely get that once he is able to start working out again. This is a guy who will weigh 265 this time next year.

Never mind Kelly grabbing him, I think the jags do.
    He's my number one pick for the Jets but he's never going to be there at 9 ...

You know what is going to happen with Jones. If we take him he will never live up to his college production. If he gets past us, Pitt takes him and he becomes a beast. At this point, I'd rather pass on Jones. We can not afford to take the gamble.

Something about Jordan makes me think of Pace. Big, solid LB as a pro, but not spectacular.

Personally, I am hoping that one of those 3 big OTs (Fisher?) slides to us at 9 and we entice someone to trade up to get him. Supposedly there is a strong interest right behind us in the top OLs. We could use the extra pick.

I'm gonna have to object to the idea of signing Dion Jordan. I'm predicting bust on him srry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrex View Post
    I'm gonna have to object to the idea of signing Dion Jordan. I'm predicting bust on him srry.
    I don't think he'll be a bust. I actually think he's one of the safer prospects in the draft.

Best case scenario, he's a total stud and develops into one of the more dynamic passrushers in the league.

Worst case scenario, I think he's a solid starter for a number of years in the Bryan Thomas mold.

He's extremely well rounded and a fiery competitor. Dude didn't skimp on the bench press at the combine despite a perfectly reasonable excuse to do so (torn labrum). Compare that to Mingo who refused to bench at both the combine and his pro day even though he was perfectly healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't think he'll be a bust. I actually think he's one of the safer prospects in the draft.

Best case scenario, he's a total stud and develops into one of the more dynamic passrushers in the league.

Worst case scenario, I think he's a solid starter for a number of years in the Bryan Thomas mold.

He's extremely well rounded and a fiery competitor. Dude didn't skimp on the bench press at the combine despite a perfectly reasonable excuse to do so (torn labrum). Compare that to Mingo who refused to bench at both the combine and his pro day even though he was perfectly healthy.
    With Jordan, I'm not convinced... I don't think he'll be able to win matchups with blockers in the NFL. A little hesitation/deception can go a long way in gaining an advantage on his blocker, but he never does that. He just goes right into his move without trying to throw off his blocker's footwork with hesitation/deception... And his lack of upper body strength is troubling for someone trying to gain the edge on his blocker... I do like his ability to drop back into coverage, but if he doesn't get pressure on the QB then his coverage skills take a back seat... While I admire his athleticism, I'm not a big combine guy... I know his shoulder kept him from hitting the weights pre-combine, but I still need proof that he can add pounds to that frame. At 6'6, I'm hoping he can add 20 lbs at least. Jordan scares me. I fear the bust.

I totally agree with you on Mingo!

Yay all the way. But he probably won't be there at #9. He seems, physically, similar to Jason Taylor.